• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Sorry this is rather long as I'm a bit frustrated and confused.

Received a call from a trooper for the licensing division about my HQL, every thing is compete, except for the live scan. He said I needed to get a hold of the place that did my prints. Well I was driving home from work when called me (I do have hands free to talk while driving). So I pull into a parking lot and dig though my briefcase and get my receipt for my prints and call MorphoTrust USA, well it's a nation wide company and after going through the prompts I get the we are experiencing heavier than usual call volume, so I get back on the road while listening to really annoying hold music and after about 15 minutes give up and decide to go to where my prints were done, which a security company on Security ave. Not far from home. Talk to the guy that did my prints he checked the system and said it look like everything went through fine, but he could reprint me if necessary. So I call MSP back and of course I can't remember the troopers name, but they managed to find him. He said that I may need to be reprinted, I asked him if I needed to call back and give him a new number and he said no. So I asked the print guy about being reprinted and he said that wouldn't be a problem, but I had to get a hold of MorphoTrust, and they would have to schedule me as he can't do walk ins. So I go home and call and wait for a long time finally get someone on the line. I tell them what MSP told me and they are confused on what the trooper wants done everything looks right on their end, she talked to her supervisor and after a long time they said they would have to investigate the problem and get back to me, it may take a few days.

Ok now the question, does anyone know exactly what the trooper is looking for? I'm afraid I stated the problem poorly to print people. Does he put my name and the number I got when printed into a computer to look me up on live scan or were they suppose to send MSP something?

I am going to call the licensing division back in the morning to see if I can get a better understanding, but that is hours away. So I thought I would both vent a little and check the collective wisdom of the forum.

MLO9

Jun 26, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Got my HQL last fall. Luckily for me, everything went smoothly.
    Question: On your receipt; is there a serial/identification number of your electronic prints?
    That's all I needed for the application.

Perhaps the wrong serial number of your prints was entered or given to you.
    You may want to verify you entered it correctly and the company who did your prints gave you the correct number.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I just finished talking to MSP and then to the print company, seems there is some sort of routing number or code for MSP to check my print info, not the number you put in the app for the CJIS check. So long story short I have an appointment tomorrow to be reprinted. At least it doesn't cost anything. Talked to a nice lady at MSP who took the time to explain the problem, and told me to call her back tomorrow after I get reprinted to make sure it goes through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom