• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobbowmossberg

Shoot it Where?
    Dec 27, 2012
    Baltimore
    Hey MD Shooters !

Im in need of some help. I just got my Bulgy FSB and my Bulgy 90 degree gas block in for my Saiga Conversion and I my gas block does not have th holes for the pins and I need them drilled. Is there any here that can point me in the right direction. I usually go to Bollingers but I want to try and avoid an hour plus drive to get some holes drilled. Please advise as to where I can go locally or what I would need to do this my self. fellow shooters, please help!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
      photo.jpg
      55 KB · Views: 402

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Where did you get the gas block from? I'm curious because if it was from a parts kit it would at least be dimpled or have the pin holes. Does it have the gas port?

bobbowmossberg

Shoot it Where?
    Dec 27, 2012
    Baltimore
    Where did you get the gas block from? I'm curious because if it was from a parts kit it would at least be dimpled or have the pin holes. Does it have the gas port?

I ordered it from K-var. the picture had the dimples in. and the woman I spoke to said they had them in there as well. It does have the 90 degree gas port

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    I contemplated just doing the FSB on my Saiga 7.62. I figured since I was already knocking off the FSB might as well do the GB as well. I'm glad that I did, it makes it that one step closer to the military version. Plus it allows you to mount a GP-25/30. :D

Attachments

• 902429_10151425485213124_1642518082_o.jpg
      902429_10151425485213124_1642518082_o.jpg
      65.3 KB · Views: 278

bobbowmossberg

Shoot it Where?
    Dec 27, 2012
    Baltimore
    I contemplated just doing the FSB on my Saiga 7.62. I figured since I was already knocking off the FSB might as well do the GB as well. I'm glad that I did, it makes it that one step closer to the military version. Plus it allows you to mount a GP-25/30. :D

That is the look im going for, right there. ! Thats a nice setup.

Here is my Baby so far. I know its a crappy Pic. I will post some better shots later.

Attachments

• ak 1.jpg
      ak 1.jpg
      103.3 KB · Views: 255

bobbowmossberg

Shoot it Where?
    Dec 27, 2012
    Baltimore
    :thumbsup:

I was going for the military config (AK-103 clone, still needs a folding stock). In my opinion it's worth it to install a new gas block since it doesn't take much time at all if you're going to install a new FSB as well.

I will be doing that as well. I've decided to go ahead and take it to the gunsmith and him him drill the pin holes in my GB that I have since I don't have a good enough setup to feel confident doing this myself. I will have him put on my FSB too! just have to use a bolt on handguard retainer..

Btw is your is your furniture from K-var?

ziondogg

Feb 1, 2012
    SOMD
    I see you already figured something out but if you thread your barrel 14×1 you could any brake you wanted to on it.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    I will be doing that as well. I've decided to go ahead and take it to the gunsmith and him him drill the pin holes in my GB that I have since I don't have a good enough setup to feel confident doing this myself. I will have him put on my FSB too! just have to use a bolt on handguard retainer..

Btw is your is your furniture from K-var?

Yes. Does your barrel have the cuts for the handguard retainer? Mine had the side cuts and only needed a notch on top for the locking lever.

bobbowmossberg

Shoot it Where?
    Dec 27, 2012
    Baltimore
    I will have to notch the barrel... I don't have one. I gyres I can do either the original Russian or a bolt on from CSS. IM ALREADY. 922r compliant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom