God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    ???

:shrug:

Welcome aboard Jake!! Are you wearing khakis? :D

Side story.

Had a trip to Bloomington, Illinois last year. State Farm is HQ'd there.
    Hotel shuttle van driver is friends with "Jake". Talking to the driver he said State Farm uses locals for their commercials and Jake is a bartender at a local joint. Sure enough, went to the bar and there was "Jake". He has the khakis framed hanging at the bar. :D

killborn

Jun 24, 2013
    Crownsville, MD
    Welcome! I am new to the area, but right next door in Crownsville. Spent several years in Afghanistan. Which parts did you make it to? Over 6 years I based in Kabul, Mez and Lashkargha with a lot of travel across country in the middle. Good looking AR and maybe we can get together for a shoot sometime.

jakbob

Oct 13, 2014
    Glen Burnie
    How are the rails attached to the hand guard?

Standard military delta rings. The KAC m5 is a drop in replacement for the regular a2 hand guards.

That's a fine looking rifle Jake. :thumbsup:

But I still don't get why living in AA County precludes posting in the 'Introduction' forum. Damn my ignorance.

Didn't make sense to introduce myself to a state, when I live in Anne Arundel and shoot in Carroll lol

Welcome. Thanks for your sacrifices. Not so new or not so young? Consider us the "port in the storm".

I've been pointing boomsticks at all kinds of stuff since I was 11.

Welcome! I am new to the area, but right next door in Crownsville. Spent several years in Afghanistan. Which parts did you make it to? Over 6 years I based in Kabul, Mez and Lashkargha with a lot of travel across country in the middle. Good looking AR and maybe we can get together for a shoot sometime.

I was in RC south, Panjaway district, FOB Ramrod [insert giggling here]. Ended up driving across the country when they had us do our RC training. My MOS was 11B... But that also means I did a lot of other stuff besides kick down curtains and such lol

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Why introduce myself to people I probably will never meet?

I live in Glen Burnie and have met two handfuls of members from all parts of the state.

But, the forum IS the community, not our geographical locations. :beer:
    I'll be at Gina's cantina in an hour,, stop by. I'll be the one with crutches.

jakbob

Oct 13, 2014
    Glen Burnie
    I live in Glen Burnie and have met two handfuls of members from all parts of the state.

But, the forum IS the community, not our geographical locations. :beer:
    I'll be at Gina's cantina in an hour,, stop by. I'll be the one with crutches.

Point taken. Can't make it. I'm at work, and broke lol

What's in April?

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    THAT actually is the rifle I am looking to build.

What is the profile under the handguard? It seems unless I want to build it from scratch, all I can find pre-assembled are heavy ish profiles. I want it light, due to the length..... Wish I could find a light complete upper in 20 inches.

Also agree with Blaster here, this is an online community, intro yourself to everyone!!!! :party29: The people you meet in person are the bonus after you have kicked around with them on the forum.

Welcome aboard from Carroll County. Where are you planning on shooting that thing?

jakbob

Oct 13, 2014
    Glen Burnie
    THAT actually is the rifle I am looking to build.

What is the profile under the handguard? It seems unless I want to build it from scratch, all I can find pre-assembled are heavy ish profiles. I want it light, due to the length..... Wish I could find a light complete upper in 20 inches

Welcome aboard from Carroll County. Where are you planning on shooting that thing?

Just your standard government profile. Its not as heavy as you would think. It balances pretty well.

I shoot at the Hap Baker range in Carroll. Really the only place for me. I go up there all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom