• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • silentsnake

Sep 21, 2009
    Baltimore
    thanks guys, right now im not really worried about collector pieces, but i do want to find out the best way to transport my old mauser .308 bolt action from missouri to maryland, and im looking at getting a quick replacement for my ruger security six i sold a while ago.

the two firearms i priced that seem to be within budget right now, and fit my needs, are a kal tec PF-9 (kinda looks bulky for a small capacity sidearm) but i would prefer a Springfield XD since the grip is longer and looks a lot more comfortable, plus it would already fit the leg holster i have.

question is, since neither of those fall under the C&R, is it more difficult to obtain them. i want to find either one used. i have not attempted to purchase a firearm in maryland yet. last time i bought one i was in washington state, and had no problems. i also have owned my mauser since i was 12, but its been a while since i had it in possession, my brother has it. i would have brought it back but no way could i bring it on the plane last year.

if it would be easier to get the C&R, simply because you can purchase and carry a firearm home immediately, then that's a real good reason to pay the $30 (is it still $30?), anyway, whoever knows the answers to my questions, just let me know here or if you would rather shoot me a PM, feel free to do so.

i am also going to attend the timonium gun show on the 3-4th, so i hope to see whoever will be there.

FNG, i am not. just new to this forum lol (FNG, have not heard that for 17 years)

but anyway, yeah, whoever lives here in baltimore (this crap can of a city) we can definitely commiserate, that is until i move out of here. im really getting tired of this place.

Colada

Sep 15, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    Welcome! I'm military, so I'm not new to shooting. I'm just now beginning shooting in my personal life. This forum has been a great intro to the civilian world. I feel better knowing our country has another line of defense (no offense to the Army, guys)! Yes, I liked the movie "Red Dawn," who didn't?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom