• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dreago

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2009
    Figured I'd pop in and say howdy since I've put a couple posts up. Don't want folks wondering who the troll is. I am pretty much a lurker at heart, but I throw my 2 cents in on occasion.

I'm married with a wife and 2 anima...um...I mean kids living in The 'Dena the last 8 years. I've shot guns off and on for 31 years and was a pretty avid hunter until the rug-rats came along. I have a few guns in the house....couple rifles and a small shotgun. Had a pistol for awhile and got rid of it before I moved to MD.

I came across the board looking for a place to shoot near home. Came across the board and was lurking for a bit. Found the NRA pistol class that Bryan offered and signed up. Met a few of the other forum members there and had a great time. My 8 year old daughter showed some interest in shooting and hopefully, the 6 year old will show a bit as he gets a little older. Hoping to make it to the Gun Connection soon to check out what they have.

Lance

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Yo, 'sup? Even if the kids aren't interested in shooting, making them familiar with firearms is a good idea. How's the better half feel about shooting? If she gets interested, you might find out she's a better shot than you :D

Dreago

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2009
    Yo, 'sup? Even if the kids aren't interested in shooting, making them familiar with firearms is a good idea. How's the better half feel about shooting? If she gets interested, you might find out she's a better shot than you :D

I'm all about making them know about them...no problem there. The wife....meh. She's kinda on the fence about it. She has shot some with me in the past. Didn't think too much of my .44 I had since it almost sent her on her butt, but she did like my friend's .357 and handled it pretty well. Suprised the hell out of him when she shot it. Actually been runnning it by her the last few days. My dad had mentioned to her out of the blue about how he wished she'd find a smaller gun and get good with it because of the way the neighberhoods have been going to crap as of late.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Welcome aboard, Lance. Glad to have you here. Teach your children well.

And when you make that first trip to GC...plan on filling out "paperwork". It's OK...it happens to all of us. :innocent0

Dreago

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2009
    Welcome.
    During your lurking did you read about the C&R FFL?

Haven't read about that, but did read up on the carry license in Florida, so sent away for the packet. Just have to get my prints and send in the paperwork. I'll look into it though. Can you point me to the right thread?

Necessary Evil.....LOVE the avatar. Eddie is the man!!!!:party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom