• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    I found most people who hate on hi-point carbines have never owned one. Is it comparable to an AR15, MP5, or JRC? Nope. Can you buy several 995/4095 carbines for the price of one of the above? Yep. I've found my 4095 just as reliable as any other firearm I have, and after ten years don't have anything bad to say about it. The pistols I'm not a huge fan of (have had issues with those) but the carbines are solid in my opinion.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    I have 2, really need to take them out more often. Both 995's, one still dressed in it's monkey stock, the other in an ATI stock. Love the iron sights and how ergonomically the gun comes to rest. Don't really like the cheek slap, especially on cold days.

Trigger is cheesy but at least it's repeatable.

And the very best thing is the forever warranty. As long as you have the complete SN in the part you ship them they will rebuild it or ship you another.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I understand that they have the right to not ship anything for whatever reason they concoct, but what irks me is that they're applying their policy unfairly. If they want to be ultra conservative, any state can have laws banning their items. We may as not have federal laws if every participant in a interstate transaction must follow laws in the other state.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    F@ck Cheaper than Derp. I will never buy anything from them.

As far as the Hi Points go, if you run out of ammo you can club someone with them they are so heavy. I own two of the .45 pistols and one of the .45 carbines.

Ugly? Yes.

Function? Most of the time.

My go to firearm? No.

Fun Factor------- 7 out of 10 :D

If I remember correctly Hafers had a few on the rack for sale.

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD

Or never owned a quality firearm. My uncle bought one because it was cheap and American. The only thing it would be good for would be throwing it at the intruder because it has so many FTF and FTE.

Really? I have a 4095 and have submitted it to some of the worse crap you can throw at a carbine. No FTF or FTE. Only had one time where it didn't function properly and that was maneuvering in a sandy environment. Dunked it in the lake, sloshed it around a bit and got on with the program. Maybe I'm just lucky or maybe I shoot good ammo (Winchester Lawman), but so far so good. Would it be my go to gun for SHTF? Nope. That's where my Mini 14 comes in.:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom