• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Kinda like mopeds...fun to have, but you don't want anyone to see ya' with it.

They're accurate and reliable but I think they've gone past the price that I would personally buy one.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Online you can find them for under $200 but after shipping and transfer costs they will run you right about $200! Are they worth $200? Yep.

They are fun plinkers. I have the 9mm and it is a great gun to teach kids, and those afraid of load bangs, how to shoot. Very little recoil and relatively cheap to feed. My daughter loves to shoot it at 25 and 50 yard targets. It is not a 100 yrd shooter, but with practice you can ring the gong. They are making a .40 cal and have been working on the .45 ACP for a few years now. I may pick up a .45 (if it is ever released) after the initial rush is over.

No shame in owning one. Now the Hi-Point pistols may be a differnt story, I have not shot any and do not know.

-Boxcab

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    Even on the HiPoint forums, the carbines are loved. Ugly, probably want to replace the stock as someone else said, but reliable and accurate.

The pistols are uglier. Most are reliable, some take tweaking. Our 9mm pistol now seems to have all the bugs worked out of it and went 250 rounds today without a failure.

ALL HiPoints come with a lifetime, no questions asked warranty and their customer service is top notch.

Splitter

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Kinda like mopeds...fun to have, but you don't want anyone to see ya' with it.

They're accurate and reliable but I think they've gone past the price that I would personally buy one.

:rofl:

+1....I have one, fun plinker.

Kinda like the so-so looking hussy in HS, lots of fun, puts out, but don't want to be seen with it

the aftermarket stock is @ $70

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    ATI stocks can be had for about 50$ shipped. They are fun little plinkers that offer reliability and accuracy that you'd expect from a much more expensive rifle, but I wouldn't trade any of my SKs' for one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom