• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S12

Nov 3, 2010
    Centreville MD
    Hi. My name is Joey. I am from Centreville Md, originally from Laurel. Well now on to the more important stuff, the guns. I own two firearms my favorite being my Tromix converted saiga 12. I will post pictures soon let me figure out how to first. I also own a mossberg 500 12ga which was my first gun. I would like to be an ar15 owner, but being under 21 and in the wonderful state of Maryland has made this complicated. I found an olympic arms gi carbine on atlanticfirearms.com for $639.00. Which I think is a good price after looking around. The only thing in my way now is finding an ffl to bring it in for me. In the description it says heavy match grade barrel so it is an hbar right? I called and they said it wasnt engraved on the barrel, will this be a problem for me? Any advice on how to figure this all out would be appreciated. Thanks in advice look forward to talking to everyone here.

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    Search the forum for that answer. The best thing to do is call the particular FFL and see what they say. It ends up in their hands. Most folk will say it has to be marked HBAR.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    To post pics you need to first put them up on a hosting site like photobucket.com You can't just e-mail them to a forum.
    2nd. How old are you and don't you think GUNS (ewwww, bad) are for Military and Police ONLY? (If not, WHAT"S WRONG WIth you?)
    3rd, alot of FFL's and LEOs as well as the general public are afraid of the complexity of the laws and could refuse to sell to you for any number of reasons, they are afraid to lose their license. Find one here who will deal with you.
    Good luck Mark

S12

Nov 3, 2010
    Centreville MD
    Im 19 that is why i am looking at hbars. Thanks for the picture posting info. When i think guns i think good times not ewww. And no i don't think guns are for only military and police only that is why i already own two and want a third.

S12

Nov 3, 2010
    Centreville MD
    Thank you. Since you have an FFL, I have a quick question. I want an ar15, i found one at atlanticfirearms.com. My issue is it says heavy match grade barrel, but it is not stamped hbar on the barrel. Being that I am 19 is this ok?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Thank you. Since you have an FFL, I have a quick question. I want an ar15, i found one at atlanticfirearms.com. My issue is it says heavy match grade barrel, but it is not stamped hbar on the barrel. Being that I am 19 is this ok?

If the dealer is willing to sale it you to, it must be an HBAR (or copy there of).
    § 5-101(p) Assault weapon.- "Assault weapon" means any of the following specific
    firearms or their copies regardless of which company produced and manufactured that firearm

http://msp.maryland.gov/downloads/assault_weapons.pdf

That statement goes both ways ;)

Welcome :thumbsup:

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Welcome aboard.
    If you're on the Eastern Shore, White Marsh may be a pretty far hike for you. But if I were you, I'd PM or call Dan at GC. As far as I know, HBAR models are non-regulated here in MD so he may well be able to assist you.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Welcome aboard. In your area is Corsica Coatings (Centerville) and Mid-County Gunshop near Preston. Check our Industry Partners section and send pm's to these guys. I've dealt with Mid-County personally. If he says it's good to go, it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom