• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I got a little bored with the article part way through. It would be nice to believe, but... :shrug:

The first comments were...less than supportive:lol2:

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Man that article was like those internet pitches for miracle meds or something. They keep going and going. I just gave up.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I view the NRA as something that triggers liberals - so I'm a member and will continue to be a member for that purpose alone...

Although the continual "doomsday - send money" pitches are getting a bit old.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Laj

Dec 5, 2016
    I don’t have to agree with everything the NRA does to appreciate the time and effort their rep put in for us at the hearings last week. And the pizza they bought us!

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Call me when they put some effort in and get the hear protection act passed.

Nothing (nothing!) the NRA could do will move that needle while Pelosi is running the legislative agenda (to say nothing of fending off AOChe and her ilk). That perfectly reasonable legislation ain't going nowhere while the Dems own congress. Alas. That WOULD be classic example of an important advocacy group squandering our donations to the ILA on a hopeless - for now - cause. Hopefully it will come back around.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Nothing (nothing!) the NRA could do will move that needle while Pelosi is running the legislative agenda (to say nothing of fending off AOChe and her ilk). That perfectly reasonable legislation ain't going nowhere while the Dems own congress. Alas. That WOULD be classic example of an important advocacy group squandering our donations to the ILA on a hopeless - for now - cause. Hopefully it will come back around.

If only they had a good 2 years to try, if only there was some magical two years before AOC was elected. :rolleyes:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    After skimming that soliloquy, I see the NRAs battle as two fold: Hold the line to keep anf bullsh1t bills that Pelosi and her owners come up with from leaving the House until "our side" regains a majority of non-UniParty seats in 2020; and softening the ground to repeal some of the more idiotic laws and directives in place now, like the bump stock ban. Anything else is just window dressing. Just my two RMB worth.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    If only they had a good 2 years to try, if only there was some magical two years before AOC was elected. :rolleyes:

And if only it hadn't been punctuated by multiple high-profile mass shootings (which have NOTHING to do with the HPA's aspirations, of course), and a media environment completely saturated in irrational gun/NRA hate. If the sensibilities driving the HPA were enjoying eroding and only marginal at best following Las Vegas, they were completely swamped by Parkland. Utterly irrational, yes. But reality given our current culture.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Aoc and the rest of the Trifecta of Stupid are already on their way out. They've become toxic to the Ds, and I suspect if they aren't impeached they'll be Primaried out.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    At this point, I'm not prepared to give a single inch. The Demwits have eaten their last bite of this elephant and we should be doing anything and everything to get the NRA to understand this. No more, period!

The Bumpstock issue is just the latest in a series of concessions the NRA has made over the years.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Aoc and the rest of the Trifecta of Stupid are already on their way out. They've become toxic to the Ds, and I suspect if they aren't impeached they'll be Primaried out.

Useful idiots will still have their uses. They do energize moonbeam voters who otherwise wouldn't go to the polls, but as candidates or officeholders they can be marginalized and subtly ridiculed by the rest of the Party. It provides contrast to show how, um, moderate the Party is overall.

And the other party is just as guilty of that, just on the opposite wing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom