• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Udon

Dec 2, 2012
    Columbia
    The overall length of 29" only apply to center fire rifle, as long as you have over 26" with a 18" barrel inside, you are good to go.

High Tower Armory HTA
    http://www.hightowerarmory.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1817

HTA 90/22 Installion Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp46KBQXRak

HTA 90/22 extended controls
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbGSdWmO3A4

HTA 90/22 Suppressed
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doQCJUZE8X0

Here is the HTA 90/22 Forum
    http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?board=41.0

I heard High Tower Armory got very good Customer Service

Hope those link help

Cheers

Last edited:

Udon

Dec 2, 2012
    Columbia
    Really? I thought SB281 changed this?

Under SB281

3. See page 10: A semiautomatic centerfire rifle will be a banned "copycat" if it meets any one of these three tests:
    (1) Has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds; or
    (2) has an overall length of less than 29 inches; or
    (3) "can accept" a "detachable magazine" and actually has at least two of the following three attributes: (i) folding stock, (ii) grenade or flare launcher, or (iii) flash suppressor. ("Flash suppressor" is defined on page 11 of the bill.)

4. A semiautomatic rimfire rifle will never be a banned "copycat" rifle under SB 281. (However, the Armi Jager "AP-74 commando type semi-auto," manufactured in .22LR by the now-defunct firm during the 1990s, would be banned because it appears by name on the carried-over list.)

Also a local Shop told me the same thing when I asked I wanted a Ruger 10/22 Bullpup.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Under SB281

3. See page 10: A semiautomatic centerfire rifle will be a banned "copycat" if it meets any one of these three tests:
    (1) Has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds; or
    (2) has an overall length of less than 29 inches; or
    (3) "can accept" a "detachable magazine" and actually has at least two of the following three attributes: (i) folding stock, (ii) grenade or flare launcher, or (iii) flash suppressor. ("Flash suppressor" is defined on page 11 of the bill.)

4. A semiautomatic rimfire rifle will never be a banned "copycat" rifle under SB 281. (However, the Armi Jager "AP-74 commando type semi-auto," manufactured in .22LR by the now-defunct firm during the 1990s, would be banned because it appears by name on the carried-over list.)

Also a local Shop told me the same thing when I asked I wanted a Ruger 10/22 Bullpup.

Sweet! Thanks!

Udon

Dec 2, 2012
    Columbia
    Is any part of this needed to be bought before 10/1?

I don't think you need bought before Oct 1st since Rimfire rifle is not regulated under SB281 but you now have excuse to buy more toys earlier if you want to be sure :innocent0

I am still deciding between HTA 90/22 or the Red Jacket ZK-22
    HTA 90/22 over all is better built and clone the look of the PS90

High Tower Armory HTA
    http://www.hightowerarmory.com/Searc...s.asp?Cat=1817

The Hydro-Dip version look very nice.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I don't think you need bought before Oct 1st since Rimfire rifle is not regulated under SB281 but you now have excuse to buy more toys earlier if you want to be sure :innocent0

I am still deciding between HTA 90/22 or the Red Jacket ZK-22
    HTA 90/22 over all is better built and clone the look of the PS90

High Tower Armory HTA
    http://www.hightowerarmory.com/Searc...s.asp?Cat=1817

The Hydro-Dip version look very nice.

I have no right to have bias since I have not fired a ZK-22 but as a 90/22 owner I can tell you that the HTA is high quality and with the reliable Ruger 10/22 it's a great fit. I would not sacrifice mine but I'm willing to bet my HTA can take some serious abuse and not break.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    I have no right to have bias since I have not fired a ZK-22 but as a 90/22 owner I can tell you that the HTA is high quality and with the reliable Ruger 10/22 it's a great fit. I would not sacrifice mine but I'm willing to bet my HTA can take some serious abuse and not break.

Instead of buying the whole rifle, can you buy just the pieces you'd need for the HTA kit?

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Instead of buying the whole rifle, can you buy just the pieces you'd need for the HTA kit?

If you mean just the kit without the Ruger 10/22 then yes as that is the only way they sell it. You have to provide your own 10/22.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    If you mean just the kit without the Ruger 10/22 then yes as that is the only way they sell it. You have to provide your own 10/22.

I'm talking about the 10/22. Is it cheaper to buy the parts for that versus the whole rifle?

Udon

Dec 2, 2012
    Columbia
    I'm talking about the 10/22. Is it cheaper to buy the parts for that versus the whole rifle?

Unless you want to custom all out the 10/22

It is cheaper to buy a whole 10/22 on sale that you might get around $199 to $230. Unless you got lucky on a used one for cheap. Since the Ruger Receiver itself is around $110 used + shipping + FFL you might as well get the whole 10/22 with all the parts you need. Upgrade later if you wanted.

I know few people that their 10/22 only part that is original from Ruger is the Receiver itself and rest of parts are aftermarket but those 10/22 end up costing over $800. I tried them and they can hit center every time at 100 yards.

10/22 is one of those rifle that once you got it, you will end up spending 3x or more in aftermarket parts to make it your perfect fun rifle :D

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011

What Udon said but I will add my 2 cents.

There are aftermarket receivers out there and most of them have a picatinny rail as part of the receiver so it will not work in the 90/22 anyways.

Even if you could and also decided to get a custom bolt spending a fortune on getting everything to have tight tolerances for accuracy you have now created a new problem which could result in malfunctions when it gets dirty. You don't want to dirty a gun that you have to spit apart to clean it.

Some have decide to get a bull barrel which in my opinion is pointless because it may have a tight chamber and might be picky with certain types of ammo. Now you have increased the weight substantially with no benefit.

The 90/22 like the P90 is not a bench rifle, it is made to be fired in the standing position and the stock Ruger barrel is more accurate then you with a red dot . In my opinion the only thing the 90/22 needs is;

1. kidd extractor
    2. kidd precision grounded rod
    3. Polishing the receiver surface where it makes contact with the bolt.
    4. Polishing the bolt where it makes contact with the receiver
    5. Radius the bolt where it makes contact with the hammer.
    6. Polymer bolt stop for noise reduction
    7. Brimstone Tier 3 trigger job, 2 pounds

My 90/22 will shoot accurate groups at 25yds while standing because of the ergonomics of the 90/22 and it will rapid fire very quickly. The modification above are all cheap and will make it feel like a sewing machine. To date with 700 rounds and no cleaning it has not malfunctioned. I have shot federal bulk, Winchester bulk, CCI mini mags and Remington golden bullets, all of ammo went bang and no malfunctions. Currently I'm trying to get it so dirty to see at what round count it will malfunction.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    Ill just try to track down a lightly used 10/22 then and use that for the kit. Gotta hit up a gun show or pawn shop and see what I can find.

Udon

Dec 2, 2012
    Columbia
    That's pretty sexy. Makes me want to make a lefty version receiver and bolt, then ask how hard it would be to make the stock ambi...

HTA 90/22 is Ambi, charging handle, Mag release and safety. HTA are currently testing a deflector for the lefty so won't have brass hitting their face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom