His majesty Todd Jones is stepping down.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Soda

Dec 14, 2010
    Is this because he didn't do Obama's bidding and see the ammo ban through? Is there another boot licking lackey waiting to do whatever Obama wants?

zenMonkey

Patriot Picket
    Mar 30, 2013
    Is this because he didn't do Obama's bidding and see the ammo ban through? Is there another boot licking lackey waiting to do whatever Obama wants?

This is my guess. I'm assuming that we won't like what comes out of the ATF (more so than normal) with the new yes-man in charge.

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    I love the spin in the article, especially about improving morale. I know a few people who work for the agency, and they all say that morale is at an all time low. All that has changed is the members of the clique in power. Well maybe not. From what I've read his #2 is the one that approved the double dipping for the SES that was under investigation and eventually "fired". Well, maybe fired, maybe allowed to resign.

So I guess it really was just more of the same.

But that seems to be true with most federal agencies these days.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Perfect time for the guy to get out into a new situation, especially after the failed attempt to stop M855 sales. The interim director, especially if someone that has moved up the ranks in the agency vs an Obama/Holder selection, will probably increase morale. Moreover, interims don't take bold outside regulatory actions. They don't have a political power base and want to be around during the next administration.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Is this because he didn't do Obama's bidding and see the ammo ban through?

Nope, that wasn't the reason. This was in the works prior to that mess. A political appointee job at that level is typically not a long term position anyway. He got a better offer more in keeping with his previous legal career. He's going to be working with the NFL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom