• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • randyho

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2009
    Not His Happy Place
    Am I going to have problems finding these? I've never been looking for them at the nations show or anywhere else for that matter. So, I don't remember seeing them. I know they aren't gonna be as ubiquitous as ar or even ak mags, but, leaning on the collective memory here, what is their availability?

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I saw at least half a dozen of various capacities at the last York show I went to, and I was just looking for pmags.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    I'm out of my element here. If that's the case, mag availability is less of an issue?

They can be had but like others said be prepared to pay a small fortune for each mag. The 5.56 H&K G3-style rifles were never as popular or garnered worldwide acceptance as the 7.62 version. That is not to say it was bad but if anything just more expensive to make when cheaper alternatives like the AR were and still are available.

In my case I'd rather have and hope to get a 5.56 HK G3 style rifle over an AR.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    The Hk53 mags are the same as the Hk33 and 92 mags, correct?

You mean 93?? From what I remember, yes.

HK made things easy, if you remember this, X3= 5.56 caliber, X1=7.62 caliber. What clouds this easy system is that W. Germany made the HK rifle their "G3", which means rifle, #3. The third rifle that the post WW II West German government adopted.

randyho

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2009
    Not His Happy Place
    Do you mean PTR-32?
    Yes, insufficiently-caffeinated Randy meant just that. Thanks for translating :o

Well, that isn't a HK gun is it? Why PTR used that designation I have no idea.
    I think I'm confusing clones. And I'm starting to see why the press defaults to referring everything from ak47's to pointed sticks as ak47's. Not waking up or not thinking are just so much easier ;)

Clearly, I need to read more. Thanks again, Mike.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Do you mean PTR-32? Well, that isn't a HK gun is it? Why PTR used that designation I have no idea.

It was named after the Hk32, which was made in very small quantities for German special forces and a few foreign contracts. If I remember correctly there was also a Hk91 variant called the "Hk G3/1" or "G3-1"; something like that. All were chambered in the Warsaw Pact 7.62x39.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom