• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    HK MP5 SD Barrel and Suppressor

Hello folks, What I'm looking for is a factory (if possible) HK MP5 SD suppressor assembly. I'm not sure what relationship is needed with HK to obtain one of these items or if there are any true HK SD items out in the market. What we have currently is a true blue MP5 that was converted into an SD by "Red Dog" and from everything I've looked they are no longer in business. What we'd like to do is find the factory SD parts and purchase (and of course pay another stamp to the USG) to make this "more correct" if possible.

Any leads, advice, etc, is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Frank

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    Doesn't the GCA of '68 prohibit civilians from getting imported suppressors?

Never really looked in to it, as it hasn't been an issue, but I have a feeling that is going to be the case. Ever see any import suppressors of any make on the civilian market?:innocent0

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Never really looked in to it, as it hasn't been an issue, but I have a feeling that is going to be the case. Ever see any import suppressors of any make on the civilian market?:innocent0

How many true imported subguns or machine guns made after the GCA are there? Most of the imported stuff was actually things like a HK94 SBR'ed and converted. Remember the non sporting part of the GCA.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    How many true imported subguns or machine guns made after the GCA are there? Most of the imported stuff was actually things like a HK94 SBR'ed and converted. Remember the non sporting part of the GCA.

Friend used to be a dealer, he has pre-may guns including mp5s and a hk33 among others.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I thought ALL pre-may guns were guns imported after 68. They can only be sold to other dealers, although unlike posties a dealer may keep his after giving up his license.

The "pre/post may" stuff gets confusing.

A pre may gun can't be sold to the average person, only other Class III dealers or a PD, right?

A post sample can only be had with a letter from a PD or government agency and the dealer can't keep them. An 07/SOT can build whatever but when they get rid of their license, they must get rid of any post may guns they have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom