• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Scott Washington has a pretty good reputation. I imagine (this is just my personal take) it probably went more like, "I told you this was going to happen and you wouldn't listen. This is now your mess to clean up, I'm out".
    If that was the case, then I would withdraw my abhorrence.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    If I cause a problem, I feel its my responsibility to make it right. My conscience doesn't accept me leaving it for someone else to fix. I can't relate to those who are okay with leaving problems they create for someone else to handle.
    You exist in private business where you suffer the consequences of your actions like it or not. Not so in government.
    Its a culture thing in government around here.
    My brother is a retired teacher of 32 years in N.C. He tells me how the culture is so much different down where he is.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    If that was the case, then I would withdraw my abhorrence.
    It's a growing sentiment amongst competent leaders still left in the county. I'm aware of very good principals that are regularly pressured to stop disciplining behavior issues because their numbers look bad on paper "through an equity lens". It doesn't matter that the principals can take failing schools and turn them around to high-performing and safe places. When leadership sees referrals and suspensions for black kids, those principals get an earful. Ideological possession has infected central leadership, causing a systemic downward spiral. It's just more obvious in operations because it's where the real world has the greatest and most visual conflict with theory. It's the same reason engineering and business schools in universities are more resistant to the commie stuff infecting the other schools. Physics doesn't care if you think something is racist.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm not an HoCo insider , but as outside casual observer , my first thought was along the lines of :

Yup , this is in the purview that I'm supposed to be responsible for .

Decisions from above have it literally FUBAR'ed . Anything I could do to somewhat improve things , would be seen upstairs as a personal attack on them .

It's a No Win Situiation that can't be. fixed by me at this point . Y'all screw things up by ignoring me , it's on y'all to fix your own mess .

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Apparently 2 bus routes were cancelled today because of bus driver call outs.

Attachments

• IMG_1059.jpeg
      IMG_1059.jpeg
      70.1 KB · Views: 63

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    "call outs"
    Seems like this used to not matter as they always had sub drivers.
    Zum should rename their company Stahl
    I noticed my neighbor is driving his kids to Middle school this year. He's back before the bus even arrives.
    Parents are seeming to arrive 15-20 mins before bus arrives.
    When my kids were in Middle School, the bus waited at the top of the street and so it would not be early to the bus stop

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Apparently 2 bus routes were cancelled today because of bus driver call outs.
    My cousin and her husband ran an independent school bus company. They had trouble with call outs once in a while too. When that happened one of them would run the route. When you're a small business you have to find a way to make it work.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    My son rode a bus for all but two of his years in HoCo schools and not once did one of us have to take him to school because his route didn't have a driver.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD

Storms would have canceled them anyway, but the bus situation is stupid. If I understand it, they bus company is HQed in California. Should stick with locals.

On the weather front, Winters Mill cancelled/postponed today's games hours ago. HoCo should have gone with that excuse. :D

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Storms would have canceled them anyway, but the bus situation is stupid. If I understand it, they bus company is HQed in California. Should stick with locals.

On the weather front, Winters Mill cancelled/postponed today's games hours ago. HoCo should have gone with that excuse. :D
    They even blamed the refs! :lol2:

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Honestly, before the FBI became a tool of the DNC this was the kind of criminal activity they were created to investigate. The HoCo school system controls a stupid amount of taxpayer money and this school bus fiasco is certainly just a huge misappropriation of funds.

Some folks should be looking at a long term residence at club Fed.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Someone told my wife over the weekend that Eyers Bus Service in Glenelg offered the county to take the kids to their games for free and the county refused the offer. Obviously I don't know if it's true or not but it wouldn't surprise me knowing Eyers and knowing the county.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom