• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    As I said, give us the alternative.

Sticking to your principles (principals) is fine but we need an alternative.

As has been said many times:

"Hope is not a strategy" seems to apply here as well.

Give us a plan besides doing nothing, because that's not a plan either

It's simple the alternative is to unseat an incumbent because they turned their backs on their base, and supported or proposed legislation that is in direct conflict with their constituents beliefs. Whether it be Mautz, Afzali, Szeliga, or Hogan. You send a message to all Republicans that passing bills that further deteriorate what little 2nd Amendment we have will lead to a June defeat for them.

I don't get how it's so hard to comprehend, if you want to actually comprehend it.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Draw a Ben Franklin Balance Sheet, put Hogan on one side and the Dem on the other. Now list arguments why NOT to vote for them. Start with ANTI on both sides, then continue. Which side is longer. Vote against the longer list.

FMD

According to a Goucher poll released yesterday, Hogan polling well ahead of any challenger.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-goucher-poll-april-20180423-story.html

The very troubling finding of the poll is that 62% of likely Maryland voters feel government should do more to solve people's problems.

"The poll has a nugget of good news for Democrats. It asked whether government should do more to solve people’s problems, a core tenet of the Democratic Party, or whether government is doing too many things, a view more in line with the GOP. By a 2-1 margin Marylanders supported the government doing more.

“That is a Democratic idea,” Kromer said. “That suggests to me that they have a pretty strong Democratic lean.”

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Are you sure about that? What else do you call someone who knowingly votes for a politician that is going to trample on our Rights?

The majority of MDShooters voted for President Trump.

President Trump has the federal government banning bump stocks and has touted 'red flag' bills.

MDS tramples everyone else's rights?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Draw a Ben Franklin Balance Sheet, put Hogan on one side and the Dem on the other. Now list arguments why NOT to vote for them. Start with ANTI on both sides, then continue. Which side is longer. Vote against the longer list.

since I only judge my vote on the 2a both candidates are now exactly equal.

so now I cant vote for either, so what to do?lol

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Are you sure about that? What else do you call someone who knowingly votes for a politician that is going to trample on our Rights?

If this were the case , we all would have to refrain from voting . I am not looking to get in a pissing match .
    But all politicians sold us out , even the ones that smiled at us on the streets .

Nic Kipke , Kathy S , Debbie Rey , and the list goes on ... Pick your poison.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

As a business owner, you may want to reflect on adding more issues. Just a suggestion.

I draw a balance sheet why to vote for, and still come up with same selection. I voted for Perot, and got Clinton. Lot of people voted for Jill Stein in states where Trump narrowly won. I have to wonder if those Stein voters were happy.. I thank them regardless.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Well I'll never vote for him again, just speaking for myself. Yeah I know, someone much worse is in the wings, etc, etc. And that's probably correct. But you've got to draw the line somewhere as to when you will no longer support a candidate just because he thinks the democratic boogeyman in the closet will scare you into voting for him no matter how much he poops on your interests. Between his happily signing the bill gutting the LEOBR (while he sneakily tied it in to the signing ceremony for Noah's Law to apparently have police in the background), his vocal non-endorsement of the Republican presidential candidate when he could have just said no comment, and now this. Nope, no more. With the current numbers the only thing having a Republican governor is good for 2A-related is a veto for bad bills, and he won't use it. If he wants to be the liberals' governor then he can ask them for their votes. Good luck.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Well I'll never vote for him again, just speaking for myself. Yeah I know, someone much worse is in the wings, etc, etc. And that's probably correct. But you've got to draw the line somewhere as to when you will no longer support a candidate just because he thinks the democratic boogeyman in the closet will scare you into voting for him no matter how much he poops on your interests. Between his happily signing the bill gutting the LEOBR (while he sneakily tied it in to the signing ceremony for Noah's Law to apparently have police in the background), his vocal non-endorsement of the Republican presidential candidate when he could have just said no comment, and now this. Nope, no more. With the current numbers the only thing having a Republican governor is good for 2A-related is a veto for bad bills, and he won't use it. If he wants to be the liberals' governor then he can ask them for their votes. Good luck.

I would rather put forth the energy fighting the guy in front of me (Dem) than fighting the one behind and the one in front of me. Two front wars are seldom won. Hogan has become the 2nd front for the next 4 years most likely.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    The majority of MDShooters voted for President Trump.

President Trump has the federal government banning bump stocks and has touted 'red flag' bills.

MDS tramples everyone else's rights?

Trump is a guy who says dumb things all the time. I don't really care what he says, I care about what he does. And so far he hasn't done any of that crap. Hogan literally put his name on it.

If Trump ends up doing to exact same thing, I'll say the same thing about him and anyone who votes for his re-election. As of yet however, he hasn't.

If this were the case , we all would have to refrain from voting.

Then do that! Only vote for people that are going to stand by your principles. If that means nobody then they don't deserve your vote. As Boondock Saint said, the 2A is the perfect litmus test, and if they don't support that, that tells you all you need to know about their view of you, and how much they trust you with your liberty.

Sooner or later we're going to have to get big and fight for our Rights, even if that means taking it on the chin in the meantime.

Nic Kipke , Kathy S , Debbie Rey , and the list goes on ... Pick your poison.

Lead.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie

I would rather put forth the energy fighting the guy in front of me (Dem) than fighting the one behind and the one in front of me. Two front wars are seldom won. Hogan has become the 2nd front for the next 4 years most likely.

Absolutely right, both of you. :thumbsup:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Being a single issue voter makes the voting process a lot easier for you. Thing is, most people are not single issue voters, or at least I do not think they are.

So, if both candidates are completely equal regarding the 2A, how do you choose? Do you choose based upon which one is more pleasing to the eye?

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I'm voting for Hogan, have any of you read the profiles of the wacko crazy libtards running against him? I've got to live in this crappy state and if any of the Dims get elected they will make it an even bigger @#ithole with Frosh's blessing and help.
    Hogan is far from perfect but he has at least tried to keep taxes in check and has started road projects all around the state. I would love to see the legislature pick up enough Republican seats to make the Governors vetoes stick, right now every one is overridden.

Maybe is a wacko crazy libtard gets elected, there will be an uprising. Otherwise it's just always going to be status quo---a long declining slope of lost rights..

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    How about not supporting backstabbing "Republicans" even if it means letting a Democrat take power? Hell, the faster we fall down their hell hole, the sooner we'd be justified in opening box 4 and fixing this mess.

Sorry, I will not support a lefty Democrat ever. This is how this state became so blue. I may lose a battle but that doesn't mean the war is lost.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I'm not going to vote for anyone that doesn't support my principles, even if means not voting for the "electable" guy that's going to screw me over anyway and the Dems end up winning; that's what I meant.

If Hogan wants my vote then he needs to earn it, and every one of you claiming to vote for him again after this is giving him cover for these shenanigans. Does anyone seriously believe that vetoing HB1302 would've lost Hogan any serious amount of votes? We need to make sure that signing it loses him more votes than vetoing it would've lost him. That is the ONLY power we have left in this state, and the fact that some of you are willing to throw that at gun grabbers just for wanting to take less of your guns than the other guy is disgusting.

Then you are anti-2A. He absolutely could've vetoed this bill, and it couldn't be overrided. But he chose to sign it.

I have to live here too, and I'm sure as shit not going to vote for people that are actively trying to put me in jail.

Yeah, you look at it as punishing Hogan for not vetoing these bills. You are willing to elect somebody that would most likely be more anti 2A than Hogan and a lot worse in other areas. This is called cutting off your nose to spite your face. You want to see Hogan run out of office so you can say, "That's what you get." Then, you will find that your paycheck is smaller because more of it is going to Maryland, you will find that you can no longer possess mags greater than 10 rounds, traffic is out of control, the school systems suck, etc. and Hogan will be able to say back to you, "That's what you get."

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Just a hypothetical, because I'm not sure if one exists, but if a Democratic candidate running for Governor was clearly less anti-2A than the rest of the primary candidates, would this be a better option than Hogan, purely on gun rights? One could argue that they would have more sway in the Legislature than Hogan. Hogan is reinforcing the notion that we basically have one party rule in MD*, at least from the prism of 2A rights. He's not even letting anti-gun provisions pass without his signatures; he's signing them.

Insofar as I understand, Hogan's never done anything to have the MDSP alter the G&S standard (perhaps this is out of his control). The bones that he's thrown were putting fair-minded, firearm knowledgeable folks on the HPRB, and he signed legislation repealing the shell casing law (a nuisance that a non-O'Malley Democrat would have signed). Granted, Hogan was still a better option than Brown in the last election. But will he be the better option for gun rights come November?

Other than the above examples, Hogan's functionally been almost indistinguishable from O'Malley on gun rights. He didn't stop the magazine possession ban in the legislature. In fact, if they put it forward, he might have signed it. After both Sandy Hook and Parkland shootings, the anti-gun/Bloomberg lobbyists found their stooges in MD. O'Malley for SB281 and MD Democratic leadership in the legislature for a host of the restrictions that Hogan is signing. I'm forgetting, but did Hogan veto any past antigun legislation that made it to his desk in past years?

*(There are of course arguments about redistricting which Hogan could effect thus influencing how strong one party rule in MD continues to be)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Sorry, I will not support a lefty Democrat ever. This is how this state became so blue. I may lose a battle but that doesn't mean the war is lost.

Yeah, you look at it as punishing Hogan for not vetoing these bills. You are willing to elect somebody that would most likely be more anti 2A than Hogan and a lot worse in other areas. This is called cutting off your nose to spite your face. You want to see Hogan run out of office so you can say, "That's what you get." Then, you will find that your paycheck is smaller because more of it is going to Maryland, you will find that you can no longer possess mags greater than 10 rounds, traffic is out of control, the school systems suck, etc. and Hogan will be able to say back to you, "That's what you get."

Can anybody please point out where I said to vote for Democrats? I'll wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom