• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allan R

Dec 22, 2023
    Baltimore
    Got an On Your Six IWB for my LCP 1st gen. Seems fine, but now I'm using the LCP Max. Since OYS doesn't offer a Max holster,, I bought a cheap Amazon holster which turned out to be pretty flimsy plastic, not unexpected for the price. I see lot's of comments about Tenicor which says it uses"thermoplasic" Is this different/better/worse than kydex, which seems to be the standard for non-leather?
    are belt clips universal? I'm not confident about the factory clips and am eyeing DCC.
    I hope this doesn't blow up like my last post, although I realize we're "passionate" about our choices
    Thanks

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Tenicor doesn't make a holster for Ruger. They just make them for the brand of pistols professionals rely on. :)

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Raven Concealment makes one for the LC9, but not the LCP Max.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The LCP is handy to pocket carry when it's not practical to carry a gun.

Just kidding.

Mostly.

But with that in mind, if I can carry anything IWB, it can be something more usable than the LCP: these days, the P365. The LCP is for pocket carry.

Last edited:

Allan R

Dec 22, 2023
    Baltimore
    As my hero, Josey Wales said, "a man's got to know his limitations" and frankly, I'm figuring the Max is by most likely to carry every day option.
    I tried my next larger toy, a Sig 239, it's my favorite,but I just don't see myself carrying it regularly.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    You might check out the holsters our resident professional recommended before he recommended Tenicor. ;)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The LCP is handy to pocket carry when it's not practical to carry a gun.

Just kidding.

Mostly.

But with that in mind, if I can carry anything IWB, it can be something more usable than the LCP: these days, the P365. The LCP is for pocket carry.

Disclosure * I am notorious for my opinion on .380's .

Pretty much what Threeband said , * speaking categorically * .

I have no grounds to dispute that the LCP family is reasonably adaqiate compared to any of the other .380's of the same class .

But unless you have an overwhelming, logic based reason to carry a mouse gun , there are a plethora of Micro 9mm available. If you are a hard core Ruger Purist , check out the Maxx 9 . It may not be as modular as others , but as long as it works for you in OEM configuration, it will do whatever can be reasonably expected of a Micro 9 .

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    This is not helpful whatsoever but I love my Tenicor Certum 3 so much that if they don’t make one for a certain gun, I would switch guns… 3:00-3:30 carry for what it’s worth.

cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    As my hero, Josey Wales said, "a man's got to know his limitations" and frankly, I'm figuring the Max is by most likely to carry every day option.
    I tried my next larger toy, a Sig 239, it's my favorite,but I just don't see myself carrying it regularly.
    That was "Harry", not Josey! :D

Allan R

Dec 22, 2023
    Baltimore
    You're right.I'm getting too old.
    Not that anyone cares, I watched some filming of Enforcer shot on Camp Baker, where SFPD was being shown the LAWS rocket, Harry pulls side kick out of the rear blast area.
    I was an MP at the time, protecting America and America's movie sets. baker was across the bay but attached to Presidio.

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    I carry a Ruger lc9 ( hammer fired)in a Vera carry holster.
    Kydex with leather backing. They even make holster for us lefties. I find it comfortable.
    Lcp pocket carry with desantis pocket holster when needed.

I found no one holster or no one gun to be the only pistol carried everyday in every weather.
    You will end up with several holsters to you discover the right one for you.

Personally I do not like a Kydex/ plastic only holster where Kydex rides along my body without some sort of leather backing against my body.
    Kytex holster with some sort of backing is most comfortable to me for extended wear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom