• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MdMedic

Jan 15, 2010
    Mechanicsville, Md.
    In anticipation of Maryland getting CC ( without G&S, I am cautiously optimistic), I am ISO an IWB hybrid holster to fit my SigPro 2022 .40 Anyone know of any at a resonable price??

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    In anticipation of Maryland getting CC ( without G&S, I am cautiously optimistic), I am ISO an IWB hybrid holster to fit my SigPro 2022 .40 Anyone know of any at a resonable price??

http://www.kholster.com/proddetail.php?prod=CR

crescent1_large.jpg

Kholster, good deal, nice holster, won't break the bank; just wear a good belt with it. :thumbsup:

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    That's a big pistol to carry IWB. Well for me at least.
    You may have a hard time finding a holster for it.

Howe

Howe
    Apr 27, 2010
    exMD
    That's a big pistol to carry IWB.

+1

I tried to use the IWB setting on a Raven holster for a Glock 19, similar size to the sig, it works not very comfortable specially if carry the entire day. Getting into a the car and try to put seat belt on is difficult. I am a bit on the heavy side. a car side holster can solve the problem.

If planning on carry something that size the entire day, leather backing piece will provide comfort. Start to buy pants/shirts one size larger with the right belt.

Crossbreed is a good choice, the Kholster listed above looks great too. Kydex housing is important, avoid full leather holster.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Crossbreed offers a hybrid but that's the only one I've seen so far. I haven't been looking hard either.
    There's a lot to be said for a single stack if you're carrying IWB.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Not sure why people want iwb so bad. it's a terrible way to carry. Especially if you are doing a lot of crouching, bending and moving. sitting is terrible.

Sent from my phone from somewhere in the world.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Especially if you're a little fat like me.

Regardless. They are just a pain in the ass. Crossbreed makes a nice little owb that holds close and is comfy. Best way I found for a larger frame is a simple suede iwb holster with a metal clip made by Bianchi.
    People eventually learn about iwb when they find how comfy owb is.

This is about 2/3 of what I own. I use the black and Cordovan Galco owb holsters at the top left
    c6e4c898-4e24-3431.jpg

Last edited:

bobnieder

S&W Fan
    May 1, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Look at the Minotaur holsters at Comp-tac. Nicely made, and the back is finished as well, unlike many hybrids that have the rough side towards your skin.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Look at the Minotaur holsters at Comp-tac. Nicely made, and the back is finished as well, unlike many hybrids that have the rough side towards your skin.

Nice/bad side against the skin really is not the problem. The edge of the leather pinches in certain positions for A LOT of people. The major issue is people are not trained properly drawing from any kydex holster, iwb or owb.
    These require a quick "snap" draw. A slow draw will most certainly pull the whole holster out unless the belt clip is a closed type, then all you will do is just have a fancy contraption to pull your pants up by :)

You can make a 2022 disappear with a crossbreed and the like. You just need to adjust the cant as forward as possible so that the butt of the pistol gets as "high" as possible and to slide the holster more forward on your hip. It won't be seen under your average t shirt.

Don't pretend you are even going to be able to actually tuck a shirt in over one of these tuck holsters. You never get your shirt tucked right and you always fiddle with it. And in the likely event you do tuck it, you will wear a jacket in order to conceal the belt clips and also the huge bump in your hip.

Live and learn tho :)

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I don't understand (honestly!) how someone/anyone could wear a big 'flap' of leather IWB like the holster shown, above.

Seems like that the leather would get wet from sweat, being against skin, in the summer, then would start smelling, and eventually moisture would migrate to the pistol.
    :shrug:

I've used with very good success, the Don Hume 715M-WC, and my G26/G19/G23.
    http://www.gunnersalley.com/product...On-Inside-The-Waistband-Holster-H715M-WC.html

Granted, the holster isn't expensive, but, after wet-forming to the pistol (with a couple of thicknesses of "Saran Wrap" around the pistol), this holster is very quick to use, and one-handed re-holstering. (This 'fit' was verrrrrrry tight, to begin with.)

The thin, flimsy IWB holsters can be dangerous when re-holstering.

MdMedic

Jan 15, 2010
    Mechanicsville, Md.
    Thanks for alot of good information. The Sigpro will be my " winter-time" carry weapon (easier to conceal). Perhaps I will pick up something smaller for summer. Eye-balling an XD compact.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I don't understand (honestly!) how someone/anyone could wear a big 'flap' of leather IWB like the holster shown, above.

Seems like that the leather would get wet from sweat, being against skin, in the summer, then would start smelling, and eventually moisture would migrate to the pistol.
    :shrug:

I've used with very good success, the Don Hume 715M-WC, and my G26/G19/G23.
    http://www.gunnersalley.com/product...On-Inside-The-Waistband-Holster-H715M-WC.html

Granted, the holster isn't expensive, but, after wet-forming to the pistol (with a couple of thicknesses of "Saran Wrap" around the pistol), this holster is very quick to use, and one-handed re-holstering. (This 'fit' was verrrrrrry tight, to begin with.)

The thin, flimsy IWB holsters can be dangerous when re-holstering.

The leather doesn't get as sweaty as you think. Some people still wear t shirts under shirts too. I know sometimes I will wear an underarmour tight tank top just for that reason.

"flimsy" suede holsters are not dangerous when using two hands to reholster. You can't reholster in them any other way. Take holster out, insert pistol, insert into pants. Easy. No need to re holster that quick anyway after drawing your weapon, right? That's what my experience has been.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    The leather doesn't get as sweaty as you think. Some people still wear t shirts under shirts too. I know sometimes I will wear an underarmour tight tank top just for that reason.

"flimsy" suede holsters are not dangerous when using two hands to reholster. You can't reholster in them any other way. Take holster out, insert pistol, insert into pants. Easy. No need to re holster that quick anyway after drawing your weapon, right? That's what my experience has been.

For me, the only time I wear a T-shirt, is:
    When it's the only shirt I wear
    When I'm wearing a dress shirt and suit (not very often!)
    When it's winter and it's worn for an extra layer.

99% of the time, I either wear a "Camp Shirt" or a "Polo Shirt".
    Especially with the Camp Shirt, IWB is not necessary. A good hi-ride holster is perfect!

As for the flimsy holster and re-holstering, I agree completely about removing holster, insert pistol, re-insert holster behind belt.
    100% agree!!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    The 2022 is between the Sig 226 and the 228/9 size wise; so this is a very popular firearm. Not my first choice for light duty CCW, it's a tad big and heavy for EDC, IMHO. But you asked for a recommended IWB holster, and hinted you wanted it 'affordable'. I've given you what I think is the best choice for your priorities, now I'm going to give you better advice, all of which you've already received just in this thread alone.

2022 on left; 229 on right:

2022vs229.jpg

Ideal carry gun:

1) As thin as possible (1" thick or less), and light as possible ideally 16oz or less (no mag, no ammo), but certainly 20oz or less.

2) No external manual safety, I don't even like decockers or anything else that might snag or add unnecessary bulk.

3) OWB holster will be about twice as comfortable as any IWB holster; have at lease one quality holster of each style for when you need to be discreet over comfort.

4) Buy a quality holster and sturdy belt to fit, together the holster, belt, mag/pouch, gun and any other defense related gear you carry; customize your rig. I highly encourage a high-intensity flashlight to be part of your EDC.

5) Forget about trying to tuck in a shirt, I haven't found a holster that is truly tuckable; stick with the normal waist-band holsters.

If you only have one gun, consider the ACR AIWB holster by Raven:

ACROnBody1260-500x500-150x150.jpg

For an OWB holster consider FIST, they even make a kydex model called the K1 that you can use IWB or OWB:

w.gif

As far as a belt, I'm still a big fan of plain 'ol leather, they just fit better and are very discreet. Make sure it's rigid enough to comfortably support your gear without drooping or shifting.

Last point, train. I'd like you to train drawing from concealment with your rig 100 draws a session and do 10 sessions a day for the first week. The following week do 100 draws once a day. From that point forward, do 100 draws once a week. Best if you use a snap cap or laser, but normal dry-fire is ok too. Mix it up a bit, draw while seated, walking, standing, kneeling, laying down, parasailing... ok, kidding about the parasailing, but you get the idea. :)

Stay safe.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Theis Holsters. Cheaper than a Crossbreed. No crosses on belt clips. Great CS. I don't change guns because of the season.

G29Sf
    Colt Delta Elite
    S & W 1076 or 1066. (Theis was the only guy who could and would make me one for the Smith's)

www.theisholsters.com

I can and do tuck with all of them. Blouse the shirt a little. Disappears for me and these are not small pistols either.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Theis Holsters. Cheaper than a Crossbreed. No crosses on belt clips. Great CS. I don't change guns because of the season.

G29Sf
    Colt Delta Elite
    S & W 1076 or 1066. (Theis was the only guy who could and would make me one for the Smith's)

www.theisholsters.com

I can and do tuck with all of them. Blouse the shirt a little. Disappears for me and these are not small pistols either.

I would love to see a pic being tucked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom