• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    if I am breaking into a house I definitely request being shot with an AR9. especially a suppressed AR9. I'd rather hear my thoughts than the ringing in my ear as I'm bleeding out.

Also, on average people at much faster and more accurate with AR9s than pistols so I won't suffer a lame gut shot and have to pay a hospital bill.

also, it's a fact that you respawn quicker when you get killed with an AR9.

edit: AR9 is my 2nd choice. A boomer with a steel framed 1911, seven shots and Parkinsons is my #1 request.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Most definitely.

I'm just bashing on the AR9 as a platform in general.

I realize I've contributed nothing to this discussion lol

One o' these days, we gonna take you to my range and try out one of my three(three??yes, I said three!) AR9s. They are deadly accurate and a hoot to shoot. :)

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Something to consider.
    A braced Glock 9mm pistol.
    It’s the small, light, accurate and fast to shoot.
    The brace gives it extra support and stability.

But in reality. For home defense, most won’t be using a firearm to clear rooms. That's best reserved for the well trained ,operating in teams. Leave that task to the police if possible.

A barricaded defense is ideal for most situations. I’d position myself in a advantageous firing position and wait for the badguy to walk into my pre-planned fire zone. ( taking into consideration , firing angles , backstop, shoot - no shoot areas of your home. )

Attachments

• CEA34287-C055-4522-B315-231B46A8F0ED.jpg
      CEA34287-C055-4522-B315-231B46A8F0ED.jpg
      141.6 KB · Views: 167

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Operator > platform. I attend classes, I hit action shooting practices and matches every chance I get, and I dry-fire regularly. You could hand me a shotgun, rifle, PCC, revolver, or semi-auto pistol, and I'd take care of business just fine as long as they go bang every time the trigger is pressed. I don't mean that in a douchebaggy way, I'm just trying to point out that these kinds of platform arguments tend to devolve into personal preference and theory-crafting rather than any real revelations of overall effectiveness. Make sure you can shoot whatever you've chosen well in a stressful situation, and that it goes bang every time, you'll be fine.

Now, that being said, I do think there are more effective choices within a platform group, and less effective choices as well. And a birdshead shotgun would probably be in the latter unless you're breaching doors or something (spoiler: 99.99% of people are not).

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    AR9's are dumb.

There, I said it.

I have a 9 mm Colt carbine that says AR-15 on the receiver. :innocent0
    It's a ridiculously enjoyable firearm to shoot with a ridiculously miserable magazine to load.

The gun in the front of my safe to grab if something bad happens is a Beretta CX4 Storm PCC. Its tiny, points instinctively and sits on a stack of 30 Gold Dots.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    My HD gun is a 10.3” barreled suppressed SBR in 5.56 with a Geissele rapid fire trigger and loaded up with hand loaded Hornady polymer tipped projectiles. It’s the gun I’m most comfortable with.

5.56 will penetrate less than fatter, slower rounds.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    The recent (self defense over child custody) shooting in Texas was with a Ruger PC9 and that guy dropped instantly.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    My HD gun is a 10.3” barreled suppressed SBR in 5.56 with a Geissele rapid fire trigger and loaded up with hand loaded Hornady polymer tipped projectiles. It’s the gun I’m most comfortable with.

5.56 will penetrate less than fatter, slower rounds.

Cop killers!

Darn coppers!

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Black Aces Tactical FD12 semi auto bullpup with #4 buckshot. (We have plaster walls)

Maybe a 10rd mag or 20rd drum with 8/9 pellet Federal with flite control wad. For 9mm my go to is Federal 9mm 124g HST1 which I consider the best of the best.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    [Kev308];6525926 said:
    The recent (self defense over child custody) shooting in Texas was with a Ruger PC9 and that guy dropped instantly.

Yup. Just like real estate... Location! Location! Location!

Maybe a 10rd mag or 20rd drum with 8/9 pellet Federal with flite control wad. For 9mm my go to is Federal 9mm 124g HST1 which I consider the best of the best.

10rd mags- yes. The drum for these would be unweildy. Cylinder choke for maximum spread; flight control would be counterproductive for my purpose here. Didn't we sell you a FD12 at Masada?
    I agree on the HST's. I have a ton of them (I just put some in the classifieds for cheap- by today's standards)

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    10rd mags- yes. The drum for these would be unweildy. Cylinder choke for maximum spread; flight control would be counterproductive for my purpose here. Didn't we sell you a FD12 at Masada?
    I agree on the HST's. I have a ton of them (I just put some in the classifieds for cheap- by today's standards)

Yup, picked up a 10rd mag for it and have a 20rd for fun. My go to will most likely be my Shockwave which ill SBS.

Attachments

• D6CAC6FD-A771-4DBC-A7CE-469A7E6CD0DD.jpg
      D6CAC6FD-A771-4DBC-A7CE-469A7E6CD0DD.jpg
      70.1 KB · Views: 161
    Last edited:

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    I dunno man. Sounds like you have it figured out. Use whatever you want while hunkering down in whatever room and wait for the threat to come through that beautiful fatal funnel of a bedroom door.
    Because that's what I'm going to do. Keep a position of dominance.

True. Not dogging on the choice of a PCC. Just trying to understand it with virtually all things being close to equal with an acfual rifle calibe.

Hell I'm sure for most threats an old double barrel would probably do the job 95% of the time.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Operator > platform. I attend classes, I hit action shooting practices and matches every chance I get, and I dry-fire regularly. You could hand me a shotgun, rifle, PCC, revolver, or semi-auto pistol, and I'd take care of business just fine as long as they go bang every time the trigger is pressed. I don't mean that in a douchebaggy way, I'm just trying to point out that these kinds of platform arguments tend to devolve into personal preference and theory-crafting rather than any real revelations of overall effectiveness. Make sure you can shoot whatever you've chosen well in a stressful situation, and that it goes bang every time, you'll be fine.

Now, that being said, I do think there are more effective choices within a platform group, and less effective choices as well. And a birdshead shotgun would probably be in the latter unless you're breaching doors or something (spoiler: 99.99% of people are not).

Spoiler - 99% of the people actually breaching doors with a shotgun aren't doing it with a birdshead shotgun either.

Sirex