• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R1125

Apr 11, 2013
    Frederick
    I am a newbie at this so I will ask.
    I not 100% sure that I can conceal carry my handgun on my property and in my house. I have read some of the laws and I am pretty sure I can.

I want to home carry so I will always have my handgun on my side for a number of reason's.

The biggest is that 3 doors down from my house is a know drug house.

Thanks in advance.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    yes.. you can conceal in your house and property.. but make sure you dont step out of your property.

also.. make sure the said people in drug house doesnt know you have a handgun. a reason for them to check your house while you are out.. :)

R1125

Apr 11, 2013
    Frederick
    no one knows about my guns. And the said drug house keeps getting raided but that doesn't stop them.

And thank you for the help

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    Maryland: Just a reminder you cannot shoot anyone on your property - must be in your house!

My daddy always said don't draw your weapon unless you intend to use it.

Now if my life was at stake in my front yard would I defend myself anyway possible - sure - but I would probably have heck of a mess to deal with afterward (fortunately).

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    In my humble opinion...go outside your house with a gun, your asking for trouble. It's not whats right, its what a jury will not convict you on...capiche?

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Wow, the B.G.O.S. is strong in this thread. OP, follow the guidance in the first 2 replies and you're good.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    In my humble opinion...go outside your house with a gun, your asking for trouble. It's not whats right, its what a jury will not convict you on...capiche?

and just how much is your life worth?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    OP, follow the guidance in the first 2 replies and you're good.

:thumbsup:

I've carried at home and on my own property for the last 7 years in MD. Sometimes openly (such as when doing yardwork), sometimes concealed. Never once had an issue or any type of negative experience worth mentioning.

Added benefit, when I finally got my permit to carry, it was already second nature by then.

Just be sure that you remain on YOUR property. :)

R1125

Apr 11, 2013
    Frederick
    Its not only fear for my life... my daughters are outside playing in the yard a lot and I am with them.
    The world is not like it was when i was a kid.

Mowog

Dec 1, 2012
    Ellicott City, MD
    Maryland isn't a "stand your ground" state. If you are able to "flee" to your house, and are pursued there, then I think you have an undeniable right to protect yourself. I would not want to shoot someone in my yard (would need to be grave circumstances) as I'm sure a lot of questions would have to be answered. Outside your are probably going to get a lot of "witnesses" who probably see things differently than you do. Inside your house its your story against the dead guys.

Bob

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    and just how much is your life worth?

My life isnt worth much. My family is what I defend. Don't get yourself in a wad. I'm just expressing my opinion on going outdoors on your property with a gun. If my family is threatened out there, its go time. But no way am i coming outside my house to confront someone unless one of mine is out there in danger.

Maryland isn't a "stand your ground" state. If you are able to "flee" to your house, and are pursued there, then I think you have an undeniable right to protect yourself. I would not want to shoot someone in my yard (would need to be grave circumstances) as I'm sure a lot of questions would have to be answered. Outside your are probably going to get a lot of "witnesses" who probably see things differently than you do. Inside your house its your story against the DEAD guys.

Bob

+1. Highlighted key word here.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    My life isnt worth much. My family is what I defend. Don't get yourself in a wad. I'm just expressing my opinion on going outdoors on your property with a gun. If my family is threatened out there, its go time. But no way am i coming outside my house to confront someone unless one of mine is out there in danger.

And all is well and good with that, that is your opinion.

However, not everyone shares that opinion. There'd be quite a few that have a differing opinion based upon their own experiences - or lack of experiences in some cases.

In 7 years, not once have I had a reason to unholster my sidearm while outdoors on my property. I have talked to neighbors and sheriff's deputies while openly armed and on my property - with no ill-effects.

Not once have I had any type of LEO accost me for doing so either. Although I do prefer to be concealed when circumstances allow.

I can also say that a confrontation/"trouble" is the LAST thing anyone that's armed is looking for, generally.

Refer to the old line of thinking here, "I'd rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it".

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011

The conversation/topic wasn't about coming out of the house to confront anyone. There's a big difference between simply carrying on your property and leaving the safety of your house with the intention of confronting someone.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Being outside in your yard is no different than being out in a public place defending yourself or others if there is a threat of death or serious bodily injury. Just know when you can act accordingly. If you are outside mowing your lawn and some motherfcker approaches to hurt you or your family members, then do what is right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom