• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    I just read a blog linked on another thread about Jews and their antigun stance. One of the statements was enlighten to me and I thought I would share.

We must show tolerance and understand: Facts mean little to people with morbid irrational fears. The fears just continue. Hoplophobes need treatment and sympathy, not laws infringing on the body politic. Some of what we think of as a political issue -- so-called “gun control” -- is actually a psychiatric condition, a medical problem.
    The hoplophobic condition also manifests itself as a fear that if the afflicted person had a gun, someone would kill them with their own gun. Of course if this had merit, Jews could have killed their assailants with their own guns throughout history.
    Jews and liberals alike appear to suffer from hoplophobia in disproportionate numbers for reasons that beg to be researched. The controversial Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) published by the American Psychiatric Association, now in review for its 5th edition (due May 2013) has yet to recognize or address the widespread phenomenon of gun phobias. We’re told by one expert this is not the purpose of that book: irrational fear of spiders, water, even open spaces, yes; terrifying irrational fear of guns, the very bulwark of liberty, no. Coincidentally, the psychiatric profession has an unusually large Jewish contingent, and its founders were disproportionately Jewish.

This article expands upon the mental illness of hoplophobia and how to deal with ant-gun types. It's a very good read:Raging Against Self Defense:
    A psychiatrist Examines The Anti-Gun Mentality

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Thank you for the links; useful and enlightening.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Very informative.

I met another one last weekend, she was from New York. She was selling trinkets of all types, too many to see all, so I asked, "any in the shape of a gun?" No she said, and even if they made them I would never sell such a thing, guns are dangerous and they need to be 'off the streets'. I didn't stick around to hear her say 'it's for the children'.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    A couple years ago I was seeing a orthopedic doc at OSS Health in York PA for a ACL repair follow-up visit. There is a prominent "no guns" sign out front (which has no force of law in PA).

I was in the examining room asking him a few questions wearing my MDS sweatshirt. His eye caught the MDS logo on the front of the shirt and his face went white. He stuttered, answered my question and promptly left without asking me if I had any more questions. My 2 follow up visits after that were coincidentally with his PA.

I found this humorous.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    A couple years ago I was seeing a orthopedic doc at OSS Health in York PA for a ACL repair follow-up visit. There is a prominent "no guns" sign out front (which has no force of law in PA).

I was in the examining room asking him a few questions wearing my MDS sweatshirt. His eye caught the MDS logo on the front of the shirt and his face went white. He stuttered, answered my question and promptly left without asking me if I had any more questions. My 2 follow up visits after that were coincidentally with his PA.

I found this humorous.

Let not your heart be troubled. I've had similar experiences.

The good guys are winning: http://bearingarms.com/maine-joins-constitutional-carry-revolution-scraps-concealed-carry-permits/

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I saw this pudgy "male" clerk at a UPS Store who was reduced to babbling terror at finding himself in the same room with a stout, securely wrapped and taped box which he was told contained a rifle.

Sirex