• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I found this guy online that makes a 3D printed case loader for the Hornady LnL. I reached out to him, he is a firefighter in Maine. Seems like a stand up guy. I ended up buying one of his loaders for my Hornady, finally got it set up and tested it and it is amazing! I was processing some of the 9mm I got recently and found it quite annoying to mess with those small pieces of brass. This case feeder is AWESOME and drops the brass in perfectly and really speeds up the process. I just wanted to share this in case anyone else may be interested. I think I paid around $115 or $125 shipped for the thing, which is WAY cheaper than Hornady's case loader which is over $500.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    A case feeder is an awesome upgrade to a progressive press for sure, sounds like a good deal!

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I found this guy online that makes a 3D printed case loader for the Hornady LnL. I reached out to him, he is a firefighter in Maine. Seems like a stand up guy. I ended up buying one of his loaders for my Hornady, finally got it set up and tested it and it is amazing! I was processing some of the 9mm I got recently and found it quite annoying to mess with those small pieces of brass. This case feeder is AWESOME and drops the brass in perfectly and really speeds up the process. I just wanted to share this in case anyone else may be interested. I think I paid around $115 or $125 shipped for the thing, which is WAY cheaper than Hornady's case loader which is over $500.

Thank you so much for sharing. I have that same press. Hornady is A O K

TGR

May 20, 2009
    Harford County
    For years, I’ve had a very similar designed/printed feeder from another guy I found on the web. This one looks very similar, with some enhancements. For those doubting, don’t. I have tens of thousands of cases fed thru a similar product. It just works. I don’t have any affiliation with either person.

KingClown

SOmething Witty
    Jul 29, 2020
    Deep Blue MD
    I have a Lee progressive but very similiar. I have printed some things for it and still have some on my list. So far everything I found on thingiverse for it has worked well and make it work way better.
    If you know something that 3D prints it would be much much cheaper since that is probably $10 in filament just several days to print.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I bought a 3D printer just to do that print.......

I built a similar design to the OP and made a few changes along the way. Here is a video I posted from 2yrs ago with links to the parts in my build.

Just FYI, recently I had a few unexpected squib loads. They came from a batch of about 800 9mm loaded on this press. I traced it back to a problem with the powder drop mechanism of the LNL. It was a painful lesson for sure. I’m in the process of pulling 800 rounds apart and will have to reload them. I’ll be adding an inspection camera to my LNL soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blazzent45

Apr 18, 2017
    Somewhere in Glen Burnie
    Oh my, sorry for your troubles.....I also printed a powder check die as well....
    Screenshot_20180627-121106.png

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I have a LNL and plan on getting back into loading again. It's all still set up on the bench but I feel like I have forgotten how to reload. lol. Anyone wanna have a refresher course party in Harford county?

tdt91

Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Also, I've wanted to add a light to mine for a long time. What did you guys find to work great besides the one Hornady sells?

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Also, I've wanted to add a light to mine for a long time. What did you guys find to work great besides the one Hornady sells?

Check out the video I posted above. I brought a set of Halo LED ring lights used on automobiles. They are cheap and very bright. 110mm fits perfectly.

Grandview 2x 110mm Angel Eyes Halo Ring Lamp Light Bulb 82SMD Headlight COB (white) https://a.co/d/dz7R81Q

shouldmove2pa

Mar 1, 2007
    Thanks to the OP for sharing the info about the case feeder. I had been thinking that I needed to research which worked better (easier setup, reliable function), the case feeder or the bullet feeder and buy one of them.

I had no idea there was a cheaper alternative to the ones Hornady sells.

I ordered shortly after seeing the video and was put on a waiting list. Just got my 3d printed case feeder the other day and it is terrific!

-Ken

tdt91

Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Check out the video I posted above. I brought a set of Halo LED ring lights used on automobiles. They are cheap and very bright. 110mm fits perfectly.

Grandview 2x 110mm Angel Eyes Halo Ring Lamp Light Bulb 82SMD Headlight COB (white) https://a.co/d/dz7R81Q

Did you use double sided tape to secure the ring light?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom