• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If she's on her property, you've got what you've got.

I think that’s the case, but I still think it’s worth checking with DNR. Her intent is clearly to interfere with a legal hunt. Noise ordinances don’t protect you if you are on your own property.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I thought that intentionally interfering with legal hunting was illegal. Maybe film her pattern of behavior and take it up with DNR or whoever is the authority with jurisdiction.

Unfortunately going to have to be more blatant than that. She can just easily claim she likes taking a walk along the edge of the woods. So long as she doesn't trespass, nothing DNR can do. Now, with the behavior described to them if they showed up, an officer might still have a chat with her about her A-hole behavior, but legally there isn't anything they can do.

Interfering with a hunt has to be pretty blatant. Like harassing a hunter on public land. On private, trespassing, being obvious about trying to make disturbing noises near property lines and stuff. If you aren't breaking a noise ordinance on your own property, going to be really hard to call that interfering with a hunt. Same with being on your own property, even if you are kind of being a douche.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    If the picture is taken on "His" property then she is on his property because the fence slats are not visible at where her body is . The other side of the fence line must be her property if she is on his property

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    All had to read was horse lady. I don't like to profile people but the horse people seem to be a little wacky and often well funded. They are like the dog people just with more money invested. Sounds like they are not going to become your allies. I would not respond in any way, just follow all the rules and don't shoot the neighbors or their horses. If you have contact with them maybe suggest that then call dnr and report you. If she stays on her side why do you care when she walks ? If your muzzle loader scares her horses maybe she should move them away from where you hunt. If you are tired of smelling horse sh## and getting stares in your deer stand maybe you should move it. Maybe she could buy your property or you buy hers so you can hunt in peace or her horses can live without fear of a once a year muzzle loader shot.

Yup. We got a couple of nice horse owners in my neighborhood. But want to know who causes all of the problems? The horse ladies. Its a group of about a dozen of them. I am on facebook more than I should be (which should be zero), but they are constantly screaming on facebook if someone lights off fireworks. Ever. Complaining about everything in the neighborhood. Had a fun racist screed going when a neighbor thanked someone for the flowers left by her mailbox and a political sign happened to be in the background (like distant background).

That got in to a "no politics on the neighborhood group" demand from the neighbor who manages the group (also a horse lady) when some neighbors hurt the horse ladies feels about their racist comments. Which took a few days before said owner actually took her friends (the other horse ladies) ACTUAL political endorsement/campaign posts down from the group.

Frankly they tend to ruin anything and everything they come in contact with. A bunch of Karens, one and all.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I know some guys that won't hunt Green Ridge because of all the city boys running around out there. Same thing in the Poconos because of some of those wild boys out of Philly, Jersey and NYC.

Unfortunately every shooter is not a safe gun owner or hunter, we do have some bad amateurs and novices running around on the ranges and in the woods.

Honestly the thing I am wondering about is where everyone is in Greenridge. I know its a big place and gets a lot of hunters, but I rarely run in to anyone there. I see a ton of trucks and occasionally will see some orange back in the woods when driving some of the roads, but I think actually in the woods while hunting I've run in to a hunter one time (and she was also only about 100yds or so from the road, just off the path I was going to hike down and setup).

I run into fewer people there the last 2-3 days of early gun season than I do anywhere else on public land (with the exception of like midweek hunts).

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    If the picture is taken on "His" property then she is on his property because the fence slats are not visible at where her body is . The other side of the fence line must be her property if she is on his property

They most likely have a riding/walking path on their property outside the fenced pasture. The wood fence would not be on the property line, but several feet inside it.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    As a horse owner, and I am not the only one on the forum, I take umbrage at the characterizations of all horse owners as being nut cases. Just as I would for a group of horse owners saying all hunters were poachers who go around shooting up road signs. And every year there are some horses shot and the horsey press always makes a big deal out of it because sensationalism sell papers.

Again, not all horse owners are nut cases, I think I made it pretty clear that there are some good ones, but they tend to be folks like yourself that straddle the line of hunting families and horse owners.

It's the folks that move onto 1ac in the Ag Reserve and throw up a run-in stable and then complain about gunshots and firecrackers or even people walking near their property and make everyone's lives a real pain that gives horse-owners a bad rap. And unfortunately, they're the ones we see more often as well as being the most vocal in complaining to the DNR and county gov't which prevent hunters from making the most of our short seasons.

I don't personally know any safe and law-abiding hunters who won't call out an unsafe hunter and chew them a new one for breaking the law or hunting in an unsafe manner. I keep my poacher hotline card in my license kit and have chewed folks out on the pheasant fields in PA for having weapons pointed in unsafe directions. What I've yet to see are members of the horse community call out the "Karens" of their groups for being unreasonable and making life difficult for hunters. Sure, there's a big lack of mutual respect, but it doesn't mean it has to be that way.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I too am a horse owner and a life long hunter, 90% of the horse owners I know are hunters/shooters to some degree,, but then again I rodeo/team pen/western
    You can start WWIII and neither of you will not enjoy your property,, or you can learn to co-exist.
    She views hunters in the lens society tells us - drunken slobs shooting anything that moves (Unfortunately there are plenty of those out there)
    If your end goal is to enjoy your property, you and her will have to form a bond. As stated earlier, a crazy horse lady loves her horses.
    In the off season tell her you are interested in riding and ask her for riding lessons. Get to know her and let her see your not a drunkin idiot.

Or you could go with the "F her,it's my land" and see how that ends up.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Again, not all horse owners are nut cases, I think I made it pretty clear that there are some good ones, but they tend to be folks like yourself that straddle the line of hunting families and horse owners.

It's the folks that move onto 1ac in the Ag Reserve and throw up a run-in stable and then complain about gunshots and firecrackers or even people walking near their property and make everyone's lives a real pain that gives horse-owners a bad rap. And unfortunately, they're the ones we see more often as well as being the most vocal in complaining to the DNR and county gov't which prevent hunters from making the most of our short seasons.

I don't personally know any safe and law-abiding hunters who won't call out an unsafe hunter and chew them a new one for breaking the law or hunting in an unsafe manner. I keep my poacher hotline card in my license kit and have chewed folks out on the pheasant fields in PA for having weapons pointed in unsafe directions. What I've yet to see are members of the horse community call out the "Karens" of their groups for being unreasonable and making life difficult for hunters. Sure, there's a big lack of mutual respect, but it doesn't mean it has to be that way.

This. The closer you get in to the suburbs with horse owners, the higher the rate of asshattery from owners is my experience. Again, we have a few in my neighborhood who are great and outstanding. But our demographics its about 2:1 of karens to good people who own horses.

Other places I've been that are more rural its more like 2 or 3:1 of good people to karens (for Maryland. It is my understanding other places aren't nearly so bad).

My other favorite are the complaints about neighbor's dogs running through their field harassing their horses. Which is a legitimate complaint and a serious problem...

But then a day or two later the same person is posting about their lost dog and has anyone seen it? Also had a couple of cases where their dogs have killed neighbor's chickens and their response was "well, it was just a chicken. That's what dogs do".

yeahhhhh....

HoCo here, but that description isn't too far off. Most of the folks who are the "problem" ones here are on 3-5 acres (the good ones either have their horses somewhere else, but live in the neighborhood. Or they are on the larger 8-20 acre properties. I do know one who is on 5 acres and is super nice. But literally none of the others on the smaller properties are "good people"). So not super tiny, but right down there on sufficient property to have horses. Frequently ride through the neighborhood and in to the park. Which would be fine, but also tend to not care about moving out of the way of cars. Love to ride through the park yelling to each other during hunting season (and they are well aware wearing bright orange everything) with their dogs running loose chasing deer (I've watched that happen on several occasions). Littering like crazy (also watched that from a stand several times). Riding while drunk (large part of the littering tossing empties as they ride). Also leaving piles on neighbor's lawns and driveways.

It ain't all horse owners, but my neighborhood sure has attracted a very large number of them. At least my immediate neighbors are nice.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016

My line is 30ft from the fence which includes a patch outside the treeline that is perfect for a ground blind. I think that is how Im going to hunt Saturday. Facing towards my property of course.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    If you can establish she knows your there, file a PO based on harassment (and stalking now that the legislature has watered down the definition).

She has as much right to use her property as he does on his. Are you saying she can’t take a walk on her own property because her neighbor wants to hunt his property? That’s crazy if someone can tell me I can’t take a walk on my own property. It’s not like she’s banging a pot with a spoon or blasting a radio. I actually think she could listen to a radio there or take a phone call there if she wanted to. As long as she’s not violating any noise ordinances. I can’t get a neighbor to stop playing music REALLY loud. I sure don’t see how the cops are going to tell her not to do what she’s doing.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    She’s a centaur? If she looks like the one below tell her you know a guy in Baltimore hung like a horse.

Attachments

• 63400B6A-1260-4400-B64E-CAED52DA7BE4.jpg
      63400B6A-1260-4400-B64E-CAED52DA7BE4.jpg
      55.3 KB · Views: 378

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Any port in a storm.

Go ugly early.

If you don't, somebody else will

If a woman does not meet your standards, Immediately Lower Them

And most importantly, no woman is too ugly with your d*ck in her mouth.

We also had the "2 and 2" Girls.

2 Weeks in the Field and 2 Six Packs of beer made them absolutely gorgeous.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    And here I felt bad for running a lawn tractor on my new property after some one showed up to the adjacent property to hunt, although this was mid day and several hours from sunset or sunrise, still, I felt bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom