• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nikon

Jan 24, 2013
    Stopped by after about 6 years to shoot at the range. They used to be fairly restrictive with the ammo you brought in. In fact, I think the last time I was there they required me to purchase their ammo.

Things have changed. They've pretty much opened the range up to just about anything with few exceptions (something about some type of Russian ammo was the only limit). I spoke to Buddy there and he said the owner used to be concerned with the amount of lead but found it was inconsequential. I used my own 22LR and 9mm today. Range fees were reasonable.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    That was the biggest downfall last time I went. Paying for overpriced reloads to shoot. I might go back now but freestate is so much better.

+1.
    Their house brand reloads were unreliable too. Do they still make you fill out that stupid form every time you come in?

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I'm curious about exposed lead bullets. I've been wanting to shoot 45 long colt but all I've got is flat nosed lead rounds and don't want to throw out for jacketed just to shoot paper.

glock9mm

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2011
    Ceciltucky!
    I have not been there in a while but when I was going they did not allow lead exposed bullets. You may want to check their website.

critical

Dec 21, 2012
    They do have ammo there, when I go to the range that is where I go.
    Buddy is a great dude. Ammo prices are a little on the higher side, but you get a discount on your range time if you buy ammo there. Also you can pick up your brass.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Found inconsequential right around the same time Freestate opened up?

ali2.jpg

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    I'm told that if you're shooting a "high power" rifle.....of which, they include an ar15, then you have to shoot frangible.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Actually things have changed and IMO for the good. They have cleaned up the front showroom and have a group of volunteer RSO and NRA instructors who are acting as safety officers during busy times. I am involved in a youth program n Sunday mornings teaching youngins how to shoot some 22 rifles.

I haven't been to Freestate, but have heard great things. However if you need a place to shoot here near Bel Air Horst and McCann is a good place.

I don't think anyone tries to make anyone feel stupid, but I do know the volunteers don't want anything bad to happen on their watch. These volunteers range from retired SWAT from NYPD, retired USSS and ATF, and various other backgrounds. I've never had issue, and am happy to be help out when I can.

TD

Tacticalglobe

III %er
    Mar 11, 2012
    Nottingham, MD
    I have been to just about every indoor range in MD/PA.
    I haven't been back to this place in some time. ( Over a year )
    A couple of the people working there were out of line with myself and other customers.
    Examples:
    Giving a little to much of their personal opinions, making fun of customer shooting performance, trashing certain products that customers brought in and just telling fish tales in general.

There was a heavy set man in his 40's that really P O a few customers that I over heard comments of them never returning.

Just a personal opinion.

ridethemessiah

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2012
    Cecil County
    I thought it was Horst and McCann

It is.

And as was said plenty of times in other threads, Horst blows. If you are affiliated with them, sorry for your luck. Every employee is a douchey, small d**k complex, shit talking, fish tale having, tac-tard humping, self righteous bag of Hillary Rodham Clinton's yeast infection.

Except a kid named Jonathan, he's cool. I like him.

Tacticalglobe

III %er
    Mar 11, 2012
    Nottingham, MD
    It is.

And as was said plenty of times in other threads, Horst blows. If you are affiliated with them, sorry for your luck. Every employee is a douchey, small d**k complex, shit talking, fish tale having, tac-tard humping, self righteous bag of Hillary Rodham Clinton's yeast infection.

I didnt want to be so blunt but......

AMEN:lol:

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Wow, not sure who kicked your puppy but geez. I have never had an issue but I am usually to myself. Sorry to hear about some of this, but again I have never had issue.
    TD

GreyPaladin

Dec 14, 2010
    Maryland
    It is.

By your choice of language you are a wise and worldly individual who apparently had his pride stepped on in some way. I hope you find somewhere to shoot where you'll feel you are treated better and but you were right about one thing the Jonathan kid is cool.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I never seen much of a complex or attitude problem with Horst.

I don't have much experience going there, probably since their reopening from the Gunpowder I can count on my fingers the number of time's I've been there. Maybe a little more.

RDF5186

Feb 26, 2012
    HARFORD CO
    Just my 2 cents. I shoot everywhere. I have never had any issues there. Perhaps not as high speed as some of the other ranges but it is what it is. Just a place to hang a target and ur gun. I know when I was there last I shit my own LEO ammo and they had no issues. Keep a open mind every place has its downfalls and every shooter has had a negative experience at a local range.

Just a thought before we openly bash a establishment. Perhaps we are just spoiled by our mds approved ranges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom