• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sudsy

Mar 16, 2022
    This is my first post on this forum so Hello All!

HB1288 has changed the conditions to apply for and be granted a Concealed Carry Permit. Effective October first this year those
    who are documented as "Handicapped" or "Disabled" can apply for a CC permit using that as the reason for application. In addition there will be no charge for the permit. (I have already paid $45 for electronic fingerprints and no, the prints for the HQL are different somehow) This adds those persons to the section that defines who may apply for a "no fee" permit such as retired law enforcement.

So who knows what? I haven't seen this even mentioed here on this forum. I have my application prepared (on line) but haven't
    submitted since the MSP is still requiring that you pay at the time of filing and I can't find a way around it.

Sudsy

Mr Pew

( う-´)づ︻╦̵̵̿╤── \(˚☐˚”)/
    Jun 18, 2022
    Rockville
    Welcome! I wonder if a mental disability like schizophrenia would work.

Does a disability (let's say unusable left wrist) count as disabled? And would one have to continue to have a disability? 2 year assessments.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    This bill did not pass and did not become law. It was heard in committee and no further action was taken.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    This is my first post on this forum so Hello All!

HB1288 has changed the conditions to apply for and be granted a Concealed Carry Permit. Effective October first this year those
    who are documented as "Handicapped" or "Disabled" can apply for a CC permit using that as the reason for application. In addition there will be no charge for the permit. (I have already paid $45 for electronic fingerprints and no, the prints for the HQL are different somehow) This adds those persons to the section that defines who may apply for a "no fee" permit such as retired law enforcement.

So who knows what? I haven't seen this even mentioed here on this forum. I have my application prepared (on line) but haven't
    submitted since the MSP is still requiring that you pay at the time of filing and I can't find a way around it.

Sudsy
    The bill never made it out of committee, and thus never got voted on in the House, never got sent to the Senate, and never became law.

It hasn't been mentioned here because it isn't a thing.

You will have to pay for your application just like every other peasant of the crown.

Sudsy

Mar 16, 2022
    The bill never made it out of committee, and thus never got voted on in the House, never got sent to the Senate, and never became law.

It hasn't been mentioned here because it isn't a thing.

You will have to pay for your application just like every other peasant of the crown.
    That is absolutely BS. The bill WAS PASSED. I will attach it here.
    House Bill 1288 Pg1  Handicap Waiver.jpg

Attachments

• House Bill 1288 pg2.jpg
      House Bill 1288 pg2.jpg
      352.5 KB · Views: 68
    • HB 1288 pg3.jpg
      HB 1288 pg3.jpg
      134.7 KB · Views: 63

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    That is absolutely BS. The bill WAS PASSED. I will attach it here. View attachment 370941

As one who monitors every gun bill in the General Assembly, I can confirm what my friend dblas says about HB1288. It never left it’s introductory committee. The bill was not passed and did not become law.

Testimony was held on March 2nd and it was never acted upon further.

23ad937e83102ffcd8414082f8ebf63a.jpg

Had it passed, it would say that it’s been enacted and Chaptered here where I’ve highlighted.

Brute

Unwitting Accomplice
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2020
    Laurel
    The bill also only addressed waiving the permit application fee, not making a disability G&S.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Dblas tracks MGA bills and legislation very closely. Before I decided to throw any BS flags on his posts, I'd triple check and probably consult my attorney.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    That is absolutely BS. The bill WAS PASSED. I will attach it here. View attachment 370941
    Hi, I'm Dblas...
    I'm the former President of MSI....I'm also a former Deputy Chief of Staff for a former Delegate (Smiegel). All of that and $1.50 will get me cup of coffee.
    As for your comment above, perhaps you should become more familiar with how a bill gets passed and becomes a LAW in Maryland.
    Here, let me help you...
    Please find a link to the bill page for HB1288. Please notice the progress line that shows where in the process the bill is.

Please also notice, that in the case of this bill, it never;
    made it out of committee,
    never got voted on in the House
    never got passed to the Senate
    never had a hearing in the Senate
    never got approved by a Senate Committee
    never got voted on in the Senate

And lastly.....
    Never got sent to the Governor to become a LAW.

Hope this helps. Have a nice day.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Hi, I'm Dblas...
    I'm the former President of MSI....I'm also a former Deputy Chief of Staff for a former Delegate (Smiegel). All of that and $1.50 will get me cup of coffee.
    As for your comment above, perhaps you should become more familiar with how a bill gets passed and becomes a LAW in Maryland.
    Here, let me help you...
    Please find a link to the bill page for HB1288. Please notice the progress line that shows where in the process the bill is.

Please also notice, that in the case of this bill, it never;
    made it out of committee,
    never got voted on in the House
    never got passed to the Senate
    never had a hearing in the Senate
    never got approved by a Senate Committee
    never got voted on in the Senate

And lastly.....
    Never got sent to the Governor to become a LAW.

Hope this helps. Have a nice day.
    Dan, you drink cheap coffee. Starbucks charges more than that to walk through the door. And you are, of course, correct, the HB1288 never came close to becoming law. https://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Legislation/Details/hb1288

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom