• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shore88

Dec 20, 2020
    Eastern Shore
    No disrespect to our LEOs, but I hope not... this two tiered system of rights has to end. I am happy to have law enforcement fight by out side for the rights of everyone... I would welcome that.
    I’m sure if HQL’s are exempt then LEO’s will be too. As it is now for hand gun purchases. No training or fingerprints required. They still have the 7 day wait. You may think it’s a double standard but if push comes to shove many of the retired LEO’s I know are on your side. They will be a force in keeping this legislation from seeing the light of day IMHO.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Truth be told I completely forgot about the revote part with Miller there.

Another forgotten aspect of this is that it was all performative to give O'Malley a 2016 primary talking point.

The big aspect that people keep overlooking is that we were successful, and we did beat the bill.

It is a very large thing when the Governor, the Speaker of the House and the President of the Senate have to threaten members of their own party to get a bill passed.

It's even more telling how afraid of us they were, when the President of the Senate sat over watch of the joint committee meeting in the House, and the Governor hung out in back office area of the committee.

We beat them, and we scared the shit of them, most people don't realize that and only remember that we got a shit sandwich for not much work.

What they need to realize is, that work, caused them to shit themselves and threaten their own.

When ever the chambers open up again, we need to get back to 2013 numbers and 2013 work.

Shore88

Dec 20, 2020
    Eastern Shore
    It was heartwarming to see county sheriffs supporting us. We need more LEO speaking up where they can.
    My county sheriff said he would never order his deputies to confiscate guns. He’s a staunch 2A supporter. Some of you guys better go easy on the knock on LEO’s, there might come a day where you need them on your side. Literally.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    People really do not realize how evenly both Vallraio and Zirkin treated us. They both understood the bills and the law, and to a certain extent, what the outcome would be. Both were gentlemen to work with (anyone can feel free to flame me that, if they think I'm wrong. If they do, they have absolutely no clue how much both men worked with us as much as they could).

I agree. Vallario was a gentleman, and granted us the opportunity to be heard. It was disappointing to find him absent. Zirkin was also fair-minded.

Reasonable, rational Democrats are an endangered species in the MD GA. Many have bailed because they don't enjoy working with vile rabid disrespectful loudmouthed zealots like Attenbeary.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    My county sheriff said he would never order his deputies to confiscate guns. He’s a staunch 2A supporter. Some of you guys better go easy on the knock on LEO’s, there might come a day where you need them on your side. Literally.

Yet I bet they have, how many reg flag orders have been served in your county?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Wicomico Sheriff Mike Lewis: 'We will not comply' with restrictive gun bills in Maryland

Judge for yourself

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.delmarvanow.com/amp/2991567002

Uh huh....

Extreme risk protection orders served by your Pro 2A Sheriff;

2018 - 9
    2019 - 20
    2020 - 9

So, 38 times, your Pro 2A Sheriff has taken firearms from law abiding citizens without due process. And those same people have had to go to court to prove that they were not guilty instead of the court proving they were.

Shore88

Dec 20, 2020
    Eastern Shore
    Uh huh....

Extreme risk protection orders served by your Pro 2A Sheriff;

2018 - 9
    2019 - 20
    2020 - 9

So, 38 times, your Pro 2A Sheriff has taken firearms from law abiding citizens without due process. And those same people have had to go to court to prove that they were not guilty instead of the court proving they were.
    You say ‘law abiding’ without giving the history behind each case. Numbers mean nothing without the facts.

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    You say ‘law abiding’ without giving the history behind each case. Numbers mean nothing without the facts.

If they were red flagged, they didn't have a chance to defend themselves. Thats all there is to it. If they were provably dangerous there are other ways to go about it.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    If they were red flagged, they didn't have a chance to defend themselves. Thats all there is to it. If they were provably dangerous there are other ways to go about it.

I agree.

If someone is "dangerous," seems to me that simply taking firearms is insufficient. If someone is "dangerous," what crime was committed for them to be labeled "dangerous" and why wasn't he/she/it arrested for that crime? If they are "dangerous" why not take knives, axes, pens, pencils, baseball bats, screwdrivers....

If someone didn't commit a crime, rights should not be revoked "just because."

The carousel of ERPO validity.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    What is the ETA for this disastrous bill's approval? Assuming it will be approved by the MD Communist Dems.
    I say this every year - keep in mind, the ONLY thing that guarantees the death of any bill in the Maryland General Assembly is when the gavels in both chambers strike the desk on Sine Die (when the clock strokes midnight between 12 & 13 APR 2021).

We need to be on our toes, communicating with our legislators (yes, I know, :deadhorse: and all - even if they don't have your interests at heart, if you don't communicate with them it simply makes our common issues that much easier to ignore - call them, write them, drown their email boxes...) until they Adjourn Sine Die...

Shore88

Dec 20, 2020
    Eastern Shore
    I agree.

If someone is "dangerous," seems to me that simply taking firearms is insufficient. If someone is "dangerous," what crime was committed for them to be labeled "dangerous" and why wasn't he/she/it arrested for that crime? If they are "dangerous" why not take knives, axes, pens, pencils, baseball bats, screwdrivers....

If someone didn't commit a crime, rights should not be revoked "just because."

The carousel of ERPO validity.
    I agree with this. If a person is deemed dangerous enough to be an immediate threat to themselves or someone else, taking the guns is a feel good measure. If they want to do harm to themselves or someone else they will, guns or no guns. I’m sure sometimes, if you look into it a crime has been committed, or if not they could be EP’d to the hospital (in extreme cases). Or separate the person deemed in danger (spouse, girlfriend, whomever). If no crime has been committed then no punishment should be meted out. As for the 38 cases mentioned by dblas I don’t know the circumstances of each case. While the police or or family member might start the process they don’t make the confiscation determination, a judge does. Similar to obtaining a warrant for a search from what I can tell. My opinion for what it’s worth.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    We need to be on our toes, communicating with our legislators (yes, I know, :deadhorse: and all - even if they don't have your interests at heart, if you don't communicate with them it simply makes our common issues that much easier to ignore - call them, write them, drown their email boxes...) until they Adjourn Sine Die...

We got lucky in 2019 and 2020, with unforeseen events shortening the legislative working time until Sine Die (Busch passing in 2019 and COVID in 2020) so some of the worst of their business was left unfinished. I wonder what 2021 holds in store that might cut things short? Giant meteor, maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom