• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    I think Crazy was asking if you were the third person who caught a ride.

I know the guys name, but don't know if I'm breaking MDS rules by saying his first name.

I caught both his name and MDS screen name but can't recall them. If I see here, I should remember. If he sees this — again, thanks for the lift!

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    No clue on if/when they will vote on any of these.

Last year, we all sat in the same room as yesterday to hear them vote without us giving testimony.

If they decide to vote, will we be allowed back in there or will it happen under the cone of silence?

Thx.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    My two, unsolicited cents worth on the testimonies....

I did not see all the testimonies, but I thought Mike's open carry video was pretty good except he did not get shot or put face down on the ground as it may happen in real life. I thought other testimonies were pretty good. I especially like the testimonies against the gps tracking. However, at the end of the day it looked like the same 'ol same 'ol. I doubt any gun bill gets out of committee.... not even the police carrying on school property is going to get out imho. Retired cops and active cops have LEOSA and that did not grant them school carry, I don't see why MD would. Not gun bill will get out of committee because the bill could paint an elected Dem in a negative light and cost votes. Conway was interesting but not nervous. His constituency sees guns as an evil. His communities only see cops and crooks with guns. Any bill to arm active police or keep guns from regular people will get Dem support.

I think that chasing down carrying while bow hunting and other trivial carry cases are pointless. The pro gun voice is not going to convince the dye in the wool liberal democrats of the state. Shootings in the media (which are never going away) doesn't help. Until SCOTUS make it the law of the land or these politicians receive serious competition at the polls, you can hang it up. Not going to happen. We are near Virginia but no where near their gun rights.

yeah, those uppity folks back in the civil rights movement shouldn't have kept trying either. Afterall, they were in the minority...how could they ever think they'd be successful?

The testimonies are one small part of this in the bigger overall PR campaign. Outreach to those minority communities that view guns as evil is just as important.

T'Challa Thanks for the buzz kill man!! We all know what the realities are but you can't just give up or you are beaten. Sounds like they've beaten you. Not me and not my Patriot brothers and sisters that were there yesterday!!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I knew I knew that name. She was/is often a guest with Pat McDonough when he subs for Tom Marr. Goggle him and her together. She runs/ran some sort of anti-hispanic "group" and has done shows with McDonough more than once. Refered to as his hit woman.

If she is working with DuMais...:lol2:

She works for McDonough in his office, but not sure if she is his Chief of Staff or not. She was able to park in the Delegate garage because she parked in her boss's spot. So, if anyone would like to call her at her day job and critique her performance.....:innocent0

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    It is my understanding that the reason MSP gave written testimony and no verbal testimony is because of the current litigation on FSA2013. Written testimony can be gone over with a fine tooth comb before submission. But if they accidently get asked a question and say something contrary to what is written, well there goes the ballgame. Maybe Dblas can confirm or deny this. I do not remember where I heard it, but it does make sense from a strategy standpoint. It's that whole opening the door thing in legal circles.

To my knowledge, that is correct.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Last year, we all sat in the same room as yesterday to hear them vote without us giving testimony.

If they decide to vote, will we be allowed back in there or will it happen under the cone of silence?

Thx.
    Information from a trusted source - JUD allows the public to attend the voting sessions, with the following provisos:

1. No testimony from the public is accepted.
    2. Audience is expected to be silent.
    3. NO audio/video recording or photography (with or without flash) of the proceedings (you will be ejected from the building and barred from attending voting sessions of the committee in the future; pissing off the chairman of the committee is never a good thing, but really bad in the voting sessions).

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    She works for McDonough in his office, but not sure if she is his Chief of Staff or not. She was able to park in the Delegate garage because she parked in her boss's spot. So, if anyone would like to call her at her day job and critique her performance.....:innocent0

I would not recommend this approach. Based on the stuff she was saying last night, it could spell disaster for the person who made that call.

Only way I would ever have a conversation with her is with a full court audience with start-to-finish audio/video.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    [*]NO audio/video recording or photography (with or without flash) of the proceedings (you will be ejected from the building and barred from attending voting sessions of the committee in the future; pissing off the chairman of the committee is never a good thing, but really bad in the voting sessions).[/LIST]

Is this rule new this year?

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I found it interesting that she was wearing a House Staff badge while waiting to testify and while at the table. I truly have to wonder, not being a "Capital Insider", if that means she was testifying for her boss or not...

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012

Well then... my suspicions have been confirmed... of course I already knew from earlier posts. Didn't sit right with me when she said she parked downstairs... seemed to know a lot of people in the halls too...Worker bees. When she first sat down, I made a comment about meeting Multifaceted at the Dunkin' last week, this was right after the "beautiful wife" comment Multi made. She shooshed me. Bad Ju-Ju on her part... if we wouldn't have been in the HJC room there might have been a different outcome. MrAnaya's "hair" on back of his neck stood up. Directly after the "shoosh", she made a snide comment about Multi's wife... there are teethe marks in my tongue from biting so hard... :mad54:

Multifaceted... Although I have never been formally introduced to your wife, I did see yuze guyz at South Carroll some time ago and your description of her is spot on...:thumbsup:

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    nice..

somebody ask.. why we (conceled license holder from outside the state) still need hql also.. lol

It is NOT recognized by MD in any way, shape, or form for anything.

It is. I'm NRA Certified and MSP HQI licensed and still need it. :sad20:

NRA certified???--Not applicable
    MD Licensed Handgun Qualification Instructor???-- We take the classroom and live fire component (comparable to Police Practical Course or greater), also we TEACH those that want/need the training to acquire their HQL and our MDLHQI card issued by MSP doesn't qualify as an exemption to an HQL. Very sad.:sad20:

DBlas: MD LICENSED instructors having to take training that they teach --"ludicrous!"

FIFY

Dblas: the fact that MSP considers the giveaway locks adequate , maybe it's time the GA should listen to them

Read on...........

Greg Nolte Md St. Rifle and pistol Club: HB717 on cable locks are better security

IMO, we may have a fair chance to win this one; not by the repeal of the law but to amend the law, cable locks to be included as a MD compliant internal/integral lock.

Why can't HQL trainers that have to take the HQL training for a HQL license, just train themselves?:D

We have to recertify our MDLHQI every 5 years (pretty sure it's 5 years) and yes, we can do it with/to/for each other. We do NOT have to take training to get or renew our HQL as our MDLHQI more than suffices for that purpose.

Simmons wants anyone with a Domestic assault PBJ to be prohibited from firearm ownership, but allows non-domestic PBJs to continue with ownership

A PBJ on a charge of any crime of violence is a PBJ, domestic or not, and is NOT a conviction.

That is Federal Law... It has been for quite some time...

YYou are partly right; in 1997 it became Federal Law that if one was CONVICTED, NOT including PBJ, but CONVICTED of a misdemeanor crime of domestic voilence is prohibited.

PBJ prohibition is already in the law....

Why isn't there already a standalone lawsuit about that component of FSA 2013?

As you, among others that have heard me state, to the best of my knowledge this ^^^ is unconstitutional as it is NOT a conviction. I have brought this (lawsuit idea) up in at least one organization and well, that organization really didn't seem interested.:sad20::mad54: I won't say what organization it is on open forum.

Seems like an awful lot.

110,000??? I don't have access to that information but I think it is wwwaaaaaayyyyyyyyy overinflated.

I would bet most of those people are prohibited because of the PBJ rule. They likely bought those guns legally, and over time their crimes became disqualifiers. Most are probably not even aware.

I tend to agree with you on this ^^^.

lou45: regards, PBJ, "you are taking something that is not a conviction…where is it going to end?"

With three or more points on your drivers' license? Upon receiving a traffic ticket??? Not clearing your sidewalk within 24 hours after it snows??? Boys 'n girls, if we don't fight this ********, it CAN get THAT BAD if we allow it.

Who went after Lou about the bowhunting handgun posession?

Bad way to go after that IMO.

Thats gonna' require some "damage repair", thank you very much.

I don't remember who it was, before or after me, but there was one testimony that didn't help the cause.

Chick n Ruth's for the hearty folks that hung in here!

I asked you how late were they ^^^ open and you said 24 hours. When we arrived and found them closed, I muttered it must be the wrong 24 hours and jus' stood there looking into that establishment void of human presence and watched all of my hopes 'n dreams of that great big yummy v'nilla milkshake 'n crabcake :drool::yummy:disappear; kinda' like Clark Griswald looking out the window and seeing his new pool and fermale fantasy disappear in a flash.:sad20::sad53: Now that was a real kick in the nuts.:kicknuts:

Wrong lady unless she's wearing a fat suit.

ETA:

Edit my ass, you had it right the first time.:lol2:

Chick n roofs is closed but we next door at the Acme bar and Grill

I want my v'nilwa milkshake and cwabcake.:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

I also enjoyed putting a few new faces to names... thanks to everyone who showed and gave testimony... again, I was humbled by the "Star" power in that room, and I'm not talking about the elected officials. The only uncomfortable part for me was when the cat lady sat next to me and started pumping me for information... I hope she enjoyed the fiction. Knowing very little about how it works in Annapolis, it would seem that a parking spot under the House would be reserved for "special" people... when she told me she parked downstairs, I started smelling cheese...:innocent0

I wish you would have relayed that information to the rest of us WELL BEFORE the fact. Perhaps a few of us could have have it arranged to go AFTER her and sent her off with a GREAT BIG BUTTHURT.

Ooohhh, wait a minute, didn't she have a GREAT BIG BUTT??? The bigger the butt, the more the BUTTHURT!!! :evilgrin3

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Once the dust settles, will the written testimony be available on the MD web site? It sure would be nice to see what was submitted by the anti's.

As for the crazy lady, in the future we need to have several folks available on deck so if she pulls this again, they simply walk up to the table after she's seated and defer to her first so she doesn't have the last say.

Glad to have met several of you and while I'd rather not spend a lot more time in Annapolis, look forward to the next round. It will be interesting to see how many of the bills will be reported out of this committie.

Nope, they do not scan and upload any written submissions. If you would like to see it, or get copies of it, simply go to the Judiciary Committee office and ask for a copy of the written testimony for a given bill(s).

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I seem to recall her name was "Sue Payne", but correct me if I am wrong. Pretty sure R&R got it in his keyboard shorthand.

I originally mistook her for the "Crazy Cat Lady" from last years hearings. It';s been pointed out that she's not the same person, as the real CCL I remember to be far more incoherent, if one can imagine...

I remember her at the Fox45 Town Hall meeting last year; incoherent doesn't adequately describe her mumblelings.

Middle age disgruntled white cat woman who stayed up late past her bed time and forgot to take her meds,?

Lol

:lol2::thumbsup:

Let's rewind and review how that referendum thing went down.

Neil Parrot plans a press conference in LATE April to announce the effort. Holds the press conference and says he is not going to shepherd the effort. Ms. Nasty enters the scene. Has only a few days to the filing date of May 1. Announces, she'll do it, but she is not willing to go the distance, but takes the ball off the field. What???

Keeps talking about the advantage of the referendum is to keep buying. What???

She does EVERYTHING wrong, even goes to republican campaign events in May, stands outside ranting and raving about how they aren't helping her. Gets on the radio shows trashing the firearms community week in and week out while the effort goes down in flames.

If there were ever a poster child for who you do NOT want fostering your cause, she would be it.

Last night was the icing on the cake.

I wish you were afforded the opportunity to chew her a new *******. Butt that's ok, Vinnie and Frosh can eat that icing from her *******.

kennyd

The "HOOK" guy
    Jul 28, 2012
    Westminster, MD

Your talking about crazy lady Sue Payne at the end of the night? She works for Pat McD? Or have I got everything mixed up?

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    Well then... my suspicions have been confirmed... of course I already knew from earlier posts. Didn't sit right with me when she said she parked downstairs... seemed to know a lot of people in the halls too...Worker bees. When she first sat down, I made a comment about meeting Multifaceted at the Dunkin' last week, this was right after the "beautiful wife" comment Multi made. She shooshed me. Bad Ju-Ju on her part... if we wouldn't have been in the HJC room there might have been a different outcome. MrAnaya's "hair" on back of his neck stood up. Directly after the "shoosh", she made a snide comment about Multi's wife... there are teethe marks in my tongue from biting so hard... :mad54:

Multifaceted... Although I have never been formally introduced to your wife, I did see yuze guyz at South Carroll some time ago and your description of her is spot on...:thumbsup:

Hey, thanks, man!

Though the snide comment lives only in her imagination. She knows nothing about my family, often behavior like that is a sign of self loathing.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    The most disappointing thing was the lack of professionalism and attention be paid by the delegates. It was rare to have more than a dozen sitting in their seats at one time, and at times there were only 3 (and they weren't paying attention). I still believe the message got across and that things could get better, but I just may be a bit naive on that.

You should have seen the way they acted last year. Dumais in particular hates when we lowly serfs show up. They were even worse at AELR in September.

It was fun peing a part of jaqueline's hammer-fisting of vallario, reminding him that it's OUR room and not his when he attempted to cut off questions to her and she didn't let him. She basically punked him, causing him to give in and allow questions to be asked and answered. I think mccomas also got good and pissed off at vallario and became just a little more sympathetic to our cause there. Good stuff.

You may not have noticed but Hough, McDermott, Conaway and Valentino-Smith were not pleased either.

If there were ever a poster child for who you do NOT want fostering your cause, she would be it.

That or the poster child for staying on your meds.

I have to be honest here... I've been wondering about that myself.

In reality, the only opposing testimony has been some written filings by MSP.

Three possibilities I can see from the opposition...

They know it's lost and are just going through the motions.
    They know it's won and are just going through the motions.
    They simply refuse to be set up for scrutiny.

The wildcard here, though, is that there are no private citizens (besides Pumbaa) who are stepping up to say ANYTHING. This proves to me that the opposition we saw last year was 100% synthetic.

It is my understanding that the reason MSP gave written testimony and no verbal testimony is because of the current litigation on FSA2013. Written testimony can be gone over with a fine tooth comb before submission. But if they accidently get asked a question and say something contrary to what is written, well there goes the ballgame. Maybe Dblas can confirm or deny this. I do not remember where I heard it, but it does make sense from a strategy standpoint. It's that whole opening the door thing in legal circles.

That's my understanding. They don't want to answer any questions in front of the Committee, because that could be brought up in court.

That was my thought also Doc. Even though the written is part of the official record, papers can't make a mistake, like the states attorney for Baltimore did last night about OCLG, because you can't ask them questions.

My take is MSP and Chief Johnson got destroyed by Mike Lewis and company who rebutted every single point they made last year. Their mouthpieces at AELR in September got bent over the barrel and sodomized with a log and forced to admit quite a few embarrassing things on the record. They don't want to risk it again when it comes to informed Citizens and aggressive Delegates like Mike.

You mean Frank Conaway, Jr.?

Read his book and all your questions will be answered:

Baptist Gnostic Christian Eubonic Kundalinion Spiritual Ki Do Hermeneutic Metaphysics: The Word: Hermeneutics

Well THAT explains the BCG's.

Damn, a line from my written testimony on Simmons' bill made the Connecticut Post morning edition, InfoWars and Prison Planet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom