• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EdHershon

Oct 2, 2018
    Annapolis
    I was referring to logistics.

Say the bill goes into effect 1 May, the applicants get their notice of hearing dates which would have to have a lead time to allow counsel to do their due diligence, there are 12 days of that 45 day period that are weekends, etc.

The OAH rules provide for the case appeal to be heard within 60 days of the notice of appeal.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    I don't understand, if the police are a violent gang of racists, why should we remove oversight on their decisions? :rolleyes:

But seriously though, thanks for the info folks.

Last edited:

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    I'm hoping this one get derailed. The Judiciary Committee yesterday, at least to me didn't sound like it was going well for the Bill Sponsor. If fact she seemed to be on the ropes and lost her temper several times. If any that heard her, would you come to the same conclusion? I noted that a couple of the committee members were saying (at least alluding to) the problem was due to the current definition of Good and Substantial. And the sponsor of the bill, at times show some really good holes in her argument.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Or you could use all the money you would spend on lawyers and time away from work, etc. and use it to move somewhere the infringers are not in control. I know not everyone has that option, but that's my plan.

I have to much invested here between business and family to think about moving at this point. Once my kids are out of college and stake their claim I will plan my exit if not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    I'm hoping this one get derailed. The Judiciary Committee yesterday, at least to me didn't sound like it was going well for the Bill Sponsor. If fact she seemed to be on the ropes and lost her temper several times. If any that heard her, would you come to the same conclusion? I noted that a couple of the committee members were saying (at least alluding to) the problem was due to the current definition of Good and Substantial. And the sponsor of the bill, at times show some really good holes in her argument.

While I would agree that those that asked questions of the bill sponsor had her reeling to the point she had to resort to lying. We are out numbered and those that didn’t ask question had already been told how to vote.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    While I would agree that those that asked questions of the bill sponsor had her reeling to the point she had to resort to lying. We are out numbered and those that didn’t ask question had already been told how to vote.

Sadly, I fear you're right. I see the hands of Mike & Mike at work here. It's personal for Miller - not content with having a building named for him, he wants to REALLY screw over MD gun owners before he dies. :sad20:

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    It's very disheartening to know of all the lying and backrooming that is done in Annapolis. And, to see the results that effect one small group of law abiding, tax paying citizens. Those that have CWP are the smallest group in all of this loser state.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Sadly, I fear you're right. I see the hands of Mike & Mike at work here. It's personal for Miller - not content with having a building named for him, he wants to REALLY screw over MD gun owners before he dies. :sad20:

I'm not sure the underlying issue for Miller is really guns. I see this a more of a personal power issue with Hogan. Miller's showing Hogan that if Hogan is going to thwart Miller's intent and appoint 2A friendly people to the HPRB, then Miller will just make the HPRB go away. I doubt Miller would have cared about HPRB had not some of the anti groups made a public stink that the Gov's appointees were thumbing their noses at MGA (and MDAG) . Same thing that was done to the Comptroller over liquor licensing, IIRC. It's a "my power is bigger than yours" thing.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I'm not sure the underlying issue for Miller is really guns. I see this a more of a personal power issue with Hogan. Miller's showing Hogan that if Hogan is going to thwart Miller's intent and appoint 2A friendly people to the HPRB, then Miller will just make the HPRB go away. I doubt Miller would have cared about HPRB had not some of the anti groups made a public stink that the Gov's appointees were thumbing their noses at MGA (and MDAG) . Same thing that was done to the Comptroller over liquor licensing, IIRC. It's a "my power is bigger than yours" thing.

Yes.

Miller can't go away fast enough.

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    I'm not sure the underlying issue for Miller is really guns. I see this a more of a personal power issue with Hogan.

100% agree. We saw it last year with school funding and this year with the school start dates.

He wants to slap Hogan with his meat stick, and the fact that he gets to satisfy the fever dreams of the antis is just the cherry on top.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Just got word that the House Judiciary committee is debating this right now with a vote afterwards.

Hope that the committee remembers THE BIG LIE.

During this exchange with Del Cox the lie comes out the first time at ~1:35 mark.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

I agree with some of this but make no mistake, Miller has no love for gun owners at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom