• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jlnjca

Nov 8, 2012
    See this one today. The stock and the bore are both pretty good. I have two questions:

1. The stock has a wood patch on the left side below the hand guard. See the area in the red circle in the picture. Does this devalue the rifle or it does not matter?

2. The serial number on the receiver is KO351. However, only "351" is on the receiver and the floor plate. Does this mean it is forced number matching?

How much you believe I should pay for this rifle?

Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_20150613_145827.jpg
      IMG_20150613_145827.jpg
      45.4 KB · Views: 367
    • Patch.jpg
      Patch.jpg
      40.3 KB · Views: 370
    • Stock.jpg
      Stock.jpg
      23.4 KB · Views: 365

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    First off that is an official stock repair, so it does not devalue the rifle in the least. Secondly, it is likely force-matched with replacement parts which would only slightly devalue the rifle. Now, what is the asking price and are you interested?

Last edited:

jlnjca

Nov 8, 2012
    $320. A deal?

First off that is an official stock repair, so it does not devalue the rifle in the least. Secondly, it is likely force-matched with replacement parts which would only slightly devalue the rifle. Now, what is the asking price and are you interested?

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I'm no authority on these, but there are a couple of things that look out of place to me for a Soviet rifle. I would expect the year 1944 to be followed by the Cyrillic letter G, which is an abbreviation of the word for year. Second, the No below the year is an oddity, because the Cyrillic alphabet does not use a Latin N. Their N looks like a Latin H.

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    I'm no authority on these, but there are a couple of things that look out of place to me for a Soviet rifle. I would expect the year 1944 to be followed by the Cyrillic letter G, which is an abbreviation of the word for year. Second, the No below the year is an oddity, because the Cyrillic alphabet does not use a Latin N. Their N looks like a Latin H.

That's a point, however at this time I'm wondering when and by who it was refurbished by (as there are a few signs of it).

Now as for the price, 320 is a bit too high. Try to talk him down to about 280-300 if possible and cite condition and the stock repair. 300 should be your absolute top dollar in my opinion. And as always, if you can talk him lower, by all means!

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    There are not many Tula M44s out there. Any serialed part without the Cyrillic prefix is certainly a part replaced at refurb. This shouldn't affect the price at all. Rather, an example with original matching serialed parts would be worth a premium. These refurbed rifles are the norm, so that's fine.
    The stock finish is what bothers me. Without it being in my hands, I just can't tell if that oil-type finish has been done by a stateside Bubba or not.
    Still, at $320, that's not a bad price for an uncommon Tula M44.

Should you purchase it, please make sure to post more pics!!

jlnjca

Nov 8, 2012
    Found another one. See pictures. Can you guys advice whether this one is better and how much this one worth? Looks like it is hard to find non-forced matching number TULA M44.

Thanks!

Attachments

• image (1).jpeg
      image (1).jpeg
      37.1 KB · Views: 268
    • image (2).jpg
      image (2).jpg
      102.9 KB · Views: 281
    • image (3).jpg
      image (3).jpg
      64.2 KB · Views: 262
    • image (4).jpg
      image (4).jpg
      99.4 KB · Views: 282
    • image (5).jpg
      image (5).jpg
      86.1 KB · Views: 265
    • image (6).jpg
      image (6).jpg
      38.7 KB · Views: 256
    • image (7).jpg
      image (7).jpg
      82.5 KB · Views: 260

jlnjca

Nov 8, 2012
    What you thin about the one? I just upload some new pics. Thanks.

That's a point, however at this time I'm wondering when and by who it was refurbished by (as there are a few signs of it).

Now as for the price, 320 is a bit too high. Try to talk him down to about 280-300 if possible and cite condition and the stock repair. 300 should be your absolute top dollar in my opinion. And as always, if you can talk him lower, by all means!

jlnjca

Nov 8, 2012
    What you thin about the one? I just upload some new pics. Thanks.

There are not many Tula M44s out there. Any serialed part without the Cyrillic prefix is certainly a part replaced at refurb. This shouldn't affect the price at all. Rather, an example with original matching serialed parts would be worth a premium. These refurbed rifles are the norm, so that's fine.
    The stock finish is what bothers me. Without it being in my hands, I just can't tell if that oil-type finish has been done by a stateside Bubba or not.
    Still, at $320, that's not a bad price for an uncommon Tula M44.

Should you purchase it, please make sure to post more pics!!

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I would choose the second one you posted. The first looks like the finish has been stripped to me. I'd say $300-$350 would be an ok price considering how uncommon Tula M44's are. I lucked out and found one a few years ago for only $160. I'm on the search now for a Hex-receiver Tula M44.

I'm not one who likes to pay full retail though, so try to get the price down if they are asking that much.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD

After some research, it appears that my concerns would be valid for an Izhevsk rifle, but the markings are normal for Tula.

jlnjca

Nov 8, 2012
    The bore and the stock look OK to you?

I would choose the second one you posted. The first looks like the finish has been stripped to me. I'd say $300-$350 would be an ok price considering how uncommon Tula M44's are. I lucked out and found one a few years ago for only $160. I'm on the search now for a Hex-receiver Tula M44.

I'm not one who likes to pay full retail though, so try to get the price down if they are asking that much.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    The bore and the stock look OK to you?

I can't make an exact judgement without seeing it in person but the bore looks like it could use a good cleaning. Stock looks ok, besides what looks like some dings and some shellack peeling off or missing in spots.

How much are they asking for that one?

jlnjca

Nov 8, 2012
    asking price is $320

I can't make an exact judgement without seeing it in person but the bore looks like it could use a good cleaning. Stock looks ok, besides what looks like some dings and some shellack peeling off or missing in spots.

How much are they asking for that one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nestor875

Latest threads

Top Bottom