• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    It's been a rough week for us in the 2A community, trying our best to hold the line.

Especially considering it was supposed to be 4yrs of offense for a change..

Personally I have wrote, called officials and more importantly had great conversation with those in the middle..

What I have found tragic about most conversations is their ideas about firearms. Gun show loopholes (thanks Hillary), the idea that many are slaughter with "assault rifles" (the per year avg of total murders with ALL rifles is roughly 300 compared 750 with hands and feet, over 1600 avg with a knife, 500 with a hammer etc) the no background checks when buying them, machine guns being readily available, etc etc

I throughly explained the myths along with my extreme difficulty and financial troubles just to exercise my 2a right.. HQL, Background checks/online pin/apps, 7-8-9 day waits, vague and infringing handgun roster HBAR copy cat requirements eliminating 1,000's of models for purchase, 10rd machine limit, being treated like differently by online and out of state FFL's too afraid to deal with Marylanders many times, excessive fee's compared to other states, spending countless hours in class rooms for my Maryland wear and carry, HQL, Utah CCW so on and so forth..

It's a real shame the media feeds America such a left view and the worst part with reckless flat out lies whether accidental or purposely it's just unacceptable.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I spent time at the HPRB meetings and Man-Up Mondays. Then an occasional PP show-up when requested. I could write our legislators, but it seems useless. Shaming them on the sidewalk is more interesting.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Just last night I wrote letters to Ryan & McConnell expressing my frustration with them & their cohorts.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I've wrote letters to my senators and congresswoman and reminded them of the words "Shall not be infringed". I've educated several coworkers and facebook trolls about bump stocks and the 2A in general. In the bump stock thread I helped stop the spread of AWB stickers.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Calling and writing Congress Critters.

And knowing that firearms are capable of committing heinous acts on their own, I sat down with mine and talked with them. The EBRs, being inherently evil, are understandably chaffed by the unflattering news coverage. I gave them additional hugs. Which seems to have soothed their feelings.

snakep

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Behind enemy lines...
    Traded comments with anti-constitutionalists on WaPo online articles....to very little effect.

Bought a case of 00 buckshot. I'm sure purchases will ramp up as the season goes on..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom