Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      121.8 KB · Views: 477

snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    Stafford, VA as of 5/7/13
    Not in MD, but this week was rough for me, buck walking by while putting my climbing stand up the other day, all deer today 50+ yards from me at least 6 total Doe's this morning, all too far for my bow :(, no Sunday hunting in VA

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    Saw one monster doe but she turned and walked straight away literally two steps before my shooting lane. Once I got to the car there was three that hauled ass across the field. Can't make it back down till Thursday unfortunately.

MunkMaster

Aug 9, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    i had my gun against a tree the other day, it slid off and landed on the scope, bent the sunshade so i didn't even bother to go out. it will be sited in for next week tho

TrappedinMD

Dec 15, 2011
    Western MD
    I was at indian springs WMA all day, unfortunately so was everyone else. To many people didnt see anything, i heard a TON of shots going off all over the place tho.

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    Got two by 7:30 this morning. Blew the top of the head off the button buck. Thought it was a Doe. Then I had to finish off the second little buck with my Blackhawk at about 22 yds. My poor son didn't get one today. He herd me shooting and thought the deer were shooting back.
    Should be some sweet bologna.

Attachments

• mms_picture(2).jpg
      mms_picture(2).jpg
      136.7 KB · Views: 450
    • mms_picture(3).jpg
      mms_picture(3).jpg
      126 KB · Views: 456

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Nothing today. I'm skipping next weekend and picking up a crossbow license. For the rest of December, archery only, does only at the WMA I'm going to. Of course I'll see bucks galore then.

JayCorleone

MD by way of GA
    Jan 22, 2012
    Boonsboro
    I was at indian springs WMA all day, unfortunately so was everyone else. To many people didnt see anything, i heard a TON of shots going off all over the place tho.

I too was at indian springs.....I saw three people total. A few does too. Didn't shoot anything though. And yeah, I was there a hour before sunrise soon as daylight hit sounded like a warzone

RAF

MDS Supporter
    Dec 24, 2012
    The wife got her first one, button buck about 50 lbs. I shot a big bodied 4 pointer about 130 lbs. with a messed up rack. 3 point on one side, spike on the other.

We got 7 off our farm yesterday...they were everywhere.

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    I was not sure if I was going to get out anymore this season so I wanted to make sure I had something in the freezer. Hope I get back out with my son later this week. I would like for him to get his first.

justsand

Ultimate Member
    Jul 14, 2010
    monrovia md
    2 different public hunts today. AM hunt I counted 70 shots from other hunters in 2.5 hours but didn't see anything except a reflective marker and someone else's cigarette butts at the base of tree I like to hunt from. Didn't notice till I came down after hunting. This has been a productive spot and will be pissed if some chucklehead's littering & smoking spooks them away.

PM hunt was in Patuxent Research Refuge. Some other hunters west of me started talking loud enough to spook a good size doe toward me. She got within range but made cover before I could get a shot. Prob God watching out for me...the doe was so far to my right I had to stand up and turn around to aim. Had my climber in smallest diameter tree possible and the 12 ga magnum slug may well have knocked me over or cork-screwed me and my stand around the tree :). Had my harness on & secured to tree but prob better off not shooting like that.

Littering is not cool but i smoke in my stands and shoot deer every year.

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    I've been seeing deer every time I've hunted during bow season, but all were too far to shoot at. Now shotgun season starts and I see nothing at all yesterday.

My father in law saw two does, went to grab his gun and his glove stuck to the Velcro of his blind and scared them off when he pulled his hand away. My brother in law had a "huge doe" at 15 yards when the neighbor went hauling ass up the hill (on his own property) and scared her off.

I was too sick to get out there today. Hoping for next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom