How do you really feel about Continental Arms in Timonium?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you satisfied with the service at Continental Arms in Timonium?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I've heard all the opinions, but I'll have to try the range for myself. Being an ******* myself, I may find it a little too friendly:D

Seriously, I'm going to try and stop by and fire some things. I'll try not to point the muzzle towards anyone, just keep it pointed towards my head so if it goes off the round will just bounce around in there until it fizzles out. But I will be optimistic, and give it a chance.:thumbsup:

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Andy good post:)
    Sirex sums it up. Don't judge a range on others opinions.
    Try it for yourself,only then can you make "your" own informed opinion if this range is to your likeing.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I have been a few times it is close to me. There pricing is good. I usually only shoot for a half hour.

All and all I am fairly happy.

There is one employee who I'm sure everyone knows who has been abrupt and a little rude and could use a little refresher on customer service.

I have never bought anything there.

I did have a nice convo with an older guy there about civil immunity.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

zcbailey

Mar 3, 2010
    Phoenix
    My Dad and I have been members for about five years. I've seen them get on people a few times over safety issues but I've never seen anything totally outrageous on their part. I'll continue to use their range unless someplace cheaper and nicer comes into town.

BaltimoreLou

Just Learning and enjoyin
    May 1, 2011
    White Marsh
    Im new to the forum but not new to CA.. I brought my first and only handgun from them and the service was utterly horrible. I was treated like I was some sort of thug, im a large black guy with dreads and I actually went with my brother who is a state trooper.

I entered first and was talked to like an idiot about how I should get glock because "thats what the people in movies use" I was not amused. My cousin entered (his first time) and was treated completely different which I assumed was due to his clean cut look. I ended up renting a couple of weapons and going with a ruger p345 and knowing I was a new shooter took the pistol basic's class which the employee looked at me like I was crazy for asking about. I really didnt know of any other range in the area so I continued to go to CA about once every 6 months to keep my skills but the employee's were always either rude or treated my like I did not exist and when I asked normal newbie questions I was made to feel like I was bothering them.

I havent went in awhile and since I love in white marsh I plan on checking out freestate and I just drove to Horst and McCan to take a co worker shooting just because i didnt feel like CA's crap. I actually like the range but they need to learn customer service.

I am in the market for a 1911 and helping my co-worker pick out a glock and I can def say that CA will NOT get that business.

Edit: Just ran to freestate (5 min away) now THEY know customer service.. had a great time and will def recommend anyone check out the range. its beautiful...

Last edited:
    Apr 13, 2011
    Baltimore
    An update on my CA experience:

I went in last week and met Andy for the first time. It was almost enough for me to take back every bad thing I've said about the place :-) almost. Anyway, just wanted to throw in some kudos where they are due. He chatted with me about motorcycles for half an hour and was just generally affable--seems like a legitimately nice guy. If they could get more people in the store like that I don't think they could take my money away from me fast enough.

mdjamesd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Towson
    Andy and Jay are truly stand-up guys. If they could get the same crew in there from 3 years ago, we wouldn't be having this thread.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    I miss Chad's gentle touch and his warm breath on the back of my neck.

His beard is scratchy, but it gives great back rubs.

And with that, I will never step foot in that range again!!!

You know, two different guy's named Chad, both working in the gun industry, as their second job, both allegedly having "gentle touch"...

adodson

Jun 12, 2007
    Towson, MD
    And with that, I will never step foot in that range again!!!

You know, two different guy's named Chad, both working in the gun industry, as their second job, both allegedly having "gentle touch"...

It has something to do with the name, I reckon. I believe 'Chad' comes from the ancient Greco-Roman word roughly translated to, "Brave Adonis," or, "Cadillac of Men." Just like 'Andy' means, "Lord of the Ass-Grabbery."

I voted for the second spot in the poll. I have had many good and a few annoying experiences there.
    #1- There was a time a coworker friend and I took an 18yo inner city employee who had never shot a gun with us. I'm white, my friend is black. They had us read the range rules and told us there would be a quiz at the end. The young guy we took with us spent a long time reading the rules. The CA employee came back over and asked if he was having problems understanding the rules (at which time we thought he was going to be an ass). The employee replied "I understand, but I'm studying for the quiz". The employee then said "What color is my hair?". "Black" was the response. "OK, you passed the quiz.... I always want to make sure new shooters actually read the rules, so I tell em there will be a quiz". He turned out to be a really cool guy who was very safety conscious.
    #2- It didn't take too long for me to figure out that whenever I 2 tap the RO will come to the line and stand behind me for a few minutes. Once they realize I'm shooting safely they walk away. They do, however continue to do it every time I'm there, and I'm a really big guy- someone who they surely remember from week to week.
    #3- I have never had any issues with "The Roadie".

n00b

Jul 21, 2010
    I have been there a handful of times. I can say that their attitude is not unlike any of the other gun shops or ranges I have been too. I understand that they have to take a hard stance on everything because, frankly, people's safety depends on it. If you want warm and fuzzy hugs and kisses, don't go to a shooting range...

As far as the "two second rule"... It all depends on who is there at the time you are shooting. I was told by several employees that they don't normally take issue with multiple shots close together as long as you are in control. The range officer (if there is one present) may keep a closer eye on you, as I have experienced, but they have never actually told me to stop doing double or even triple taps. It has been almost a year since my last visit, so that may have changed.

overall, I feel they are more than fair, albeit a little on the expensive side.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    Where's the box that says "Other" (I don't know where Continental Arms, or Timonium is, I live in MD's other state on the Eastern Shore, therefore, I work and do ALL of my shopping in tax free DE).

adodson

Jun 12, 2007
    Towson, MD
    I
    As far as the "two second rule"... It all depends on who is there at the time you are shooting. I was told by several employees that they don't normally take issue with multiple shots close together as long as you are in control. The range officer (if there is one present) may keep a closer eye on you, as I have experienced, but they have never actually told me to stop doing double or even triple taps. It has been almost a year since my last visit, so that may have changed.

No two-second rule. We allow full-auto as long as it is under control. But you are right... it will draw our attention if we are not familiar with the shooter. Once safe behavior and decent shot placement is observed, we (most of us) don't give it a second thought.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom