How do you SBR a braced pistol under 29"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    Why? You don't know me. But you do know that he was factually incorrect on his entire assertion that the SCOTUS has already ruled on braces.
    I was talking with combloc who is factually correct that they serve us.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    They do, but I‘m not sure they do at the same rate inflation does.
    I think you're missing the point. Go back to 1934 and see what the average pistol cost back then. The original intent of the NFA was to make handguns too expensive to buy. That should give you good context as to what I'm talking about.

Worsley

Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    l
    I think you're missing the point. Go back to 1934 and see what the average pistol cost back then. The original intent of the NFA was to make handguns too expensive to buy. That should give you good context as to what I'm talking about.
    I might be, I just couldn’t think of a tax that keeps up with inflation. I think people would revolt if it did.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    l

I might be, I just couldn’t think of a tax that keeps up with inflation. I think people would revolt if it did.
    If your income comes close to keeping up, then the tax on it does too. Sales tax, by definition, is in lock step with inflation. Property taxes are a rate, and go up as homes become more valuable (of as the dollar becomes worth less). Broadly speaking, taxes do keep up with the rest of the economy. That’s why it’s a RATE and not an amount.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    OK, so why aren't you out shooting at feds yourself already? Muleskinner, is that you?

Saying "I can't be touched" is just straight up delusional. And that's the standard we then have to use when evaluating every other single thing you say. I'm reminded of your proof-of-the-supernatural video bluff. You got called on it, and caved. You're thumping your chest about how the ATF can't touch you, banking on the fact you're unlikely to be bothered by them between now and when it finally gets dealt with in court. Real easy to play ITG when you can avoid friction and detection by just doing what all the rest of the sensible people will do and not poke the bear while the litigation plays out. But you get "they can't touch me!" bragging rights here on a forum. Yeah, OK.

It feels so warm to be so loved.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Yes - when the 1934 act went into effect, a suppressor cost about $5, for which you had to pay $200 to register.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    l

Taxes always reflect current appreciation. The more something is worth, the tax on that item increases. In NFA, the tax did not. I'm the last person to give a 500 words or less lesson on economics, so I'll leave that up to the experts.
    Suffice it to say, the NFA tax has not kept up with current values.
    My original point was, it's not about the Benjamin's. Like others have said, they get their share from the .gov(us). Just like any other federal branch.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    If it seems strange to you that someone might type your own words back to you as an indication that you’re just plain wrong on facts, maybe you should read what you say out loud before you hit that submit button.

Untouchable! Amazing

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    If it seems strange to you that someone might type your own words back to you as an indication that you’re just plain wrong on facts, maybe you should read what you say out loud before you hit that submit button.

Untouchable! Amazing
    Lol! I agree...

Last edited:

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House

Untouchable! Amazing
    lol X2

Worsley

Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    If your income comes close to keeping up, then the tax on it does too. Sales tax, by definition, is in lock step with inflation. Property taxes are a rate, and go up as homes become more valuable (of as the dollar becomes worth less). Broadly speaking, taxes do keep up with the rest of the economy. That’s why it’s a RATE and not an amount.
    Good point

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Econ 101

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I still love you Combloc. And I'll vote for your presidential campaign, donate, and even knock on doors.

For those who don't know him, Combloc is a good man. He is uniquely knowledgeable of the legal system and it's failures. Sometimes people just get tired of the shit, especially after the government kicks them in the teeth.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    For those who don't know him, Combloc is a good man.
    You'll notice nobody is saying otherwise. We're talking about his characterization of (for example) a SCOTUS ruling that doesn't actually exist. That sorta thing.
    He is uniquely knowledgeable of the legal system and it's failures.
    All the more reason to make sure he's not misinforming other people into thinking they, too, "can't be touched" by the ATF. People DO get touched by the ATF, and we need some patience for litigation to play out in the meantime.
    Sometimes people just get tired of the shit
    I will see anyone's tiredness of the shit and raise them some of my own tiredness of even more shit. Being exhausted with the crap - especially when the people who hate us all are running the executive and legislative branches of this state and the executive branch of the entire republic - is the last reason to let your guard down and start calling yourself "untouchable." I mean, really.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I still love you Combloc. And I'll vote for your presidential campaign, donate, and even knock on doors.

For those who don't know him, Combloc is a good man. He is uniquely knowledgeable of the legal system and it's failures. Sometimes people just get tired of the shit, especially after the government kicks them in the teeth.
    Thanks buddy. I don't worry too much about anyone questioning me. People can say whatever they want. I know what I know and I have nothing to prove. And certainly, nobody is going to hurt my feelings. The reason I've stopped engaging with good ol' Occam is that it's pointless to argue with someone who is so entrenched in what they believe. How do I know this? Because I'm well entrenched in what I believe. Let's be honest. Nobody is going to solve world hunger here. The main reason most people even post in forums is for their own amusement. Does that mean I'm being ingenuine in my posts? Absolutely not. On the contrary, I choose my words very carefully and I am always truthful. But it does mean that I'm unaffected by what people think of my views. It is NEVER my intention to rile people up or cause controversy, but I do try and get people to think for themselves.

But yes, I AM untouchable. We all are, IF we seek it. IIRC, Occam is an atheist. I don't expect him to understand my statement.

And by the way, yes, I DO have paranormal footage of a large object being moved in my garage and orbs floating around. I'm just not posting it all over the internet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom