• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    As I accumulate more knives (48 currently) I've been researching how to best store them.
    This is the best I've seen so far, although not the cheapest, but as with knives and firearms the best is usually not the cheapest.

Anyone using any other methods that work well for them? I'm using a storage tote from Target for the time being. :o

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Stack-On Mesh Door Storage

I only have a dozen or so folders in my collection, so the mesh pouches work out well because I can clip the knives inside. It's mounted inside my gun safe so they're secure. The only drawback is the weight of the knives tend to pull the velcro off. I had to add a few more strips to secure it.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I just hit them with barricade or rust prevent and chuck emm in the knife drawer in the dresser. If i havent used it in a while, I'll hit it quick with the 1000 grit and then a quick strop on the belt to bring the edge back.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    You're a stockpiling extremist! I'm calling the government so uncle Obama can protect me! Haha for swords and huge knives I use a storage wax coating. It's also a polish.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    My randall mades . WWII knives , samurai swords and sabers are all stored in one of my gun vaults . Benchmade and spyderco folders and what not are stored in a locking wooden chest of drawers the rest are in plastic totes . All get a wipe down wipe a silicone rag twice a year .

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    toolbox.jpg

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    i am sure you could brew something up with a rigid foam block and any sort of old storage-type furniture. for instance, take a large jewelry chest you find for cheap at a garage sale, and then take a thick foam board and glue it to the back. stick the blades in the foam and viola you saved you self a bunch of money to go buy more knives.

Jmce3

Jan 10, 2011
    I have a little more than 100 so I went and caught a sale at sears and got the Craftsman tool stack on lined the shelves and it works nice.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Keep mine in glass display cases with their original boxes.
    The most important thing when storing collectible knives is to make sure the blades are clean and lightly oiled(I use Ballistol or Eezox on a paper towel). Even "stainless" steel blades can rust or get stained from fingerprints.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Keep mine in glass display cases with their original boxes.
    The most important thing when storing collectible knives is to make sure the blades are clean and lightly oiled(I use Ballistol or Eezox on a paper towel). Even "stainless" steel blades can rust or get stained from fingerprints.

That seems to be the only negative to storing them the way the video I posted shows (other than the cost of the pelica case). In contact with the foam could cause corrosion issues I'd imagine.

Jmce3

Jan 10, 2011
    I'm not sure how. It's hard to keep track after you go over 100 blades but just do your best to keep them out of humid areas in your house. I also put a dehumidifier in each drawer. I guess if your packing them away for years at a shot you can vacuum pack them in folding knife cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom