• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    Good read. Thanks for the link.

I've been trying to make a similar point with all of my liberal friends. Since when did we forget about revolution? Since when did we suddenly start trusting the police. Not only trusting them, but trusting them more than we trust ourselves? It's insanity.

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    Career politicians.

They never stop to consider the other perspective because they never have to go back and live in the world they create. They are too self-important to consider the possibility that they may be wrong, and assume that just because they are elected to an office, it makes them instant experts in everything.

We let them get away with acting like "elected kings". They truly believe that they are in office not to represent their people to the government, but to rule over them on the government's behalf.

It makes me want to puke whenever I see a politician respond to someone with, "Thanks for your opinion, but I believe that...". I want to reply back with, "I don't give a F**K about what you believe. You work for ME."

When you grow up as a revolutionary who believes that the government is a big nameless faceless power, even if you start out fighting against it, that's the idea you have in your head. The Founders never had that impression...they knew the dangers of a government that overstepped itself.

They never accepted that the United States they created had any authority or duty or charge beyond what was enumerated in the Constitution.

People these days have empowered the government by growing up believing in its absolute power. Then when they finally get into office, they run it just like that, thinking they can wield the "One Ring" for the forces of good.

Just by virtue of them believing in the huge and powerful nature of the government, they built it into this unstoppable monster that they had to throw all of their energy into fighting...and now when they find themselves as part of it, they only know one way to run it...with outright authoritarianism. They seized the power for their own objectives, but never stopped to think that there are people in this country...and a good number of them...who DON'T agree with everything that the revolutionaries wanted to do. They essentially have become what they hated and feared to defeat it...and have become the "Devil we Don't Know".

They don't have the foresight to decide NOT to act where it's appropriate not to. They have the hammer, why not swing it?

Long story short...power corrupts. And it's a rare breed of individuals, like the Founders, who knew the TRUE cost of both oppression and revolution, who can assume positions of influence or power and NOT use them to force decisions on people. The Founders knew none of us were special.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Eh, cowards then, cowards now. How many really believed in the "No War" and how many were afraid of possibly dying? The whole lack of personal responsibility of the Boomers has infected the rest of the country, making more and more nanny laws. Seat belt laws, helmet laws, stupid manufacturer warnings, all tie into this. Too many people concerned about dying versus actually living their lives.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Good points. Just further illustrates the absurd and overwhelming hypocrisy of liberals. Never thought about a poor farming type thing. It sounds reasonable but its not as simple as he makes it sound. You want drug addicted welfare abusers to suddenly say "YES! ill work for clean fresh food!" No way. Where would these farms be? How would they get there? Who would fund them? Plus Obama wouldnt go for it. After all hes never worked a day in his life.

thebullpupkid

Feb 6, 2009
    Right near the beach!
    Damnit... I was going to say good read until I came to the Chemtrail™ mention. :tinfoil:

:banghead: Why are otherwise seemingly rational people tainted by the BS of infowars? Do people not realize how crazy they suddenly appear to those around them when spurting this nonsense? :facepalm:

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    I'm sorry but what a bunch of hooey with a myopic perspective. The man took 1000 words to utter a truth in a context that is completely irrelevant today. I can sum up that article in a few sentences without the conspiracy stuff:

In order for collectivists to gain and secure power, it is essential that the populace have no means of resisting the grand designs for societal utopia that the collectivists propagate. The collectivists must have a "boogey man" to attack and instill fear in the populace to make the people pliable and submissive (George Orwell painted this exact picture in his book 1984, which was written in the 40s or 50s.) The collectivists then give the people a little security and comfort while increasing the vision of an ever present threat. Never let a crisis go to waste.

We, the people, need to stop screaming "Do something!" at the government every time something bad happens.

Edit: To clarify, I'm not saying the author is wrong but his message is effed so long as he uses the fevered rhethoric of InfoWars.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    (George Orwell painted this exact picture in his book 1984, which was written in the 40s or 50s.)

Reverse the last two numbers. 1984 was first published in 1948. That was intentional. BTW, Eric Blair's political views might not fit quite so easily in our modern American categories.

Edit: To clarify, I'm not saying the author is wrong but his message is effed so long as he uses the fevered rhethoric of InfoWars.

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom