• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ansky26

Feb 2, 2009
    Anne Arundel Co
    I'm over a month now waiting for MSP to get back to my transfer dealer. Obviously, that alone is enough to get me (and many other folks, I'm sure) steamed, but the fact that I have no idea how long it may still take is really getting to me.

So, in the spirit of last year's thread tracking permit interviews, can folks who have finally been able to take their new toys home post up their recent "Not Dissaproved" notification dates, as well as the date the paperwork went in?

Are we talking just over a month? Six weeks? Eight weeks? Inquiring minds want to know...

Thanks!
    CJW

PaullySS

Rule#2:The Double Tap
    Jan 31, 2013
    Rockville
    Sent in my paperwork on 1/19 and still waiting. last time i checked (this passed Monday) Rockville Atlantic guns only received approvals/not dissapproved back from 1/15. Assuming the other posts i saw; 4 weeks minimum but assume 5 to keep your sanity.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Still don't understand why FBI does the NICS check in 3 minutes, but it takes the state 7 days ++++:mad54:

MH

Try 31 days! Purchased on 1/11, and as of this afternoon, nothing!:mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54::mad54: I am beginning to smell a political rat. A stall tactic to slow the tide of sales because MOM couldn't keep his rhetoric under control.

Elynchjr23

Jan 7, 2013
    28 days wait today. I bought on the 16th, guy said they are getting them
    Back from the 14th today

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    GUYS
    PLEASE keep the discussion in the existing threads Tank posted above. We do not need a dozen of these threads.

Last edited:

45-70

Jan 23, 2013
    North Central MD
    Let's assume the worst, that the new permitting process to purchase a handgun take effect on October 1 despite the best efforts of everyone here. The "1 gun a month" law turns into 1 purchase every 2 months at a minimum.

This of course limits the opportunity to add to one's collection between now and October. How convenient.

I'm on Day 28.

bobman

Jan 28, 2013
    LaPlata
    My paperwork went in 1/10/13 got back 2/2/13. More than 3 times longer than it should have but under the current circumstances I feel lucky.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    I just spoke to Sen. Jacobs (my state Senator), she said that the MSP is up to 28 days. She had a meeting about this issue, and the assocoated overtime being spent. FWIW, she is also waiting on paperwork.:thumbsup: In my case, she told me if the paperwork is not back by tuesday 2/19 to call her back, to look into it.

ThatGuy179

Apr 2, 2012
    Pasadena
    Let's assume the worst, that the new permitting process to purchase a handgun take effect on October 1 despite the best efforts of everyone here. The "1 gun a month" law turns into 1 purchase every 2 months at a minimum.

This of course limits the opportunity to add to one's collection between now and October. How convenient.

I'm on Day 28.

Become a designated collector, its FREE believe it or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom