• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I got my Livescan fingerprints done at Heritage, highly recommended.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    I got my Livescan fingerprints done at Heritage, highly recommended.

We were there yesterday.

It’s nice.

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    Once you are ISSUED the W&C, you can hit the MSP web site and request an HQL at no extra charge. No idea how quickly they turn those around, though, especially given the new workload.
    I have wandered all over the MSP site and logged into my Portal and created a new account for HQL application and I can't find anything about this. Everything I see wants money and fingerprint info .

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I have wandered all over the MSP site and logged into my Portal and created a new account for HQL application and I can't find anything about this. Everything I see wants money and fingerprint info .
    You have to start that new HQL request with the exempt option.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Go to the MSI website and click on the HQL link

Screenshot_20230219-103133.png

mr phil

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2007
    beach
    You have to start that new HQL request with the exempt option.
    LOL. I got it. I deleted my current application and started over and saw the " PERMIT EXEMPTION" Application for Wear and Carry holders. I was looking at the training exemption. Thanks.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    LOL. I got it. I deleted my current application and started over and saw the " PERMIT EXEMPTION" Application for Wear and Carry holders. I was looking at the training exemption. Thanks.
    Great! It’s Sunday, and Monday is a .gov holiday, but you’ll have that HQL via email early in the week. Print one, keep a copy on your phone, and you’re off and running. Congrats on the carry permit. Just stay out of Montgomery County for now!

SillySauce

Sep 30, 2016
    My friend was arrested for marijuana procession when he was 17. He had to do community service and 3 months of drug counseling. They told him it wouldn’t be on his record for jobs. The questions, “Have you ever been convicted of a crime.” “Have you ever been charged with a crime.” Is that considered a charge and conviction?

Last edited:

LAC_MD

Oct 18, 2022
    Towson
    My friend was arrested for marijuana procession when he was 17. He had to do community service and 3 months of drug counseling. They told him it wouldn’t be on his record for jobs. Those questions, “Have you ever been convicted of a crime.” “Have you ever been charged with a crime.” Is that considered a charge and conviction? Should he list it?
    Was he charged as a juvenile or as an adult? If he was charged as a juvenile the answer is no. If he was charged as an adult the answer is yes.

Bigfoot21075

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2008
    Elkridge, MD
    They were in fact arrested and convicted, but that in of itself is not a disqualifier. i do believe there is an opportunity in the process to expalin. If they REALLY want the right answer call the MSP hand gun permitting division and ask. Would hate to get a federal gun crime violation later i something goes south, that is unless your friend is a Biden apparently.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    My friend was arrested for marijuana procession when he was 17. He had to do community service and 3 months of drug counseling. They told him it wouldn’t be on his record for jobs. The questions, “Have you ever been convicted of a crime.” “Have you ever been charged with a crime.” Is that considered a charge and conviction?

Marijuana of smaller quantities is not now a prohibiter. So as long as he didn’t have dealer quantities, the arrest and anything else should be off his record. So for all purposes he has not been arrested nor convicted of a crime.

Speaking of Maryland only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom