• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Has anyone ever had any success applying for a permit based on being a resigned former police officer? I feel that I would fall into this catagory as I have over 10 years experience in Law Enforcement in the military and 3 years as a special agent for the federal government. With the military I seperated under honorable conditions and had to resign from my special agent position due to the wife taking a job overseas that required the whole family to move. Below is taken from the new application:

4. Former Police Officer: If you have resigned or retired, you must show evidence of your tenure in law enforcement, such as a letter from your agency, and a letter from your agency indicating you left in good standing. Additional requirements may apply.

Is there anyone out there that had a similiar situation as mine and had success? What do you think my chances are if I apply under this catagory?
    Thanks

I applied as former federal LEO, served 2.5 years and I received a permit without any restrictions. I provided a letter from my former agency stating my time, position, duties, and that I left in good standing along with training certificates. Still had to go through the process and interview but was approved in about 90 business days. I would think you should not have any problems, but who knows.....it's MD.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Can anyone verify if a non detective agency business owner has to fill out page 9? I cannot figure out if they want business owners to fill out any portion of pages 8 and or 9

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Last edited:

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

mrjam2jab

Jul 23, 2010
    Levittown, PA
    Are you sure? I was able to print out the app for a friend this past weekend that lives in PA that does not do computers. I would think you can still fill out and mail in the printed app. If not, that means you would have to own a PC to get a CCW.

From MSP web:

It is important to note that the application must be electronically completed and contains detailed information. Completed applications should be mailed to the above address.

The app itself says "application was designed for electronic completion. The form contains hidden features with sections and questions that appear or disappear........You must complete the form in its entirety before printing and signing...This application will not be accepted in handwritten format."

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    From MSP web:

The app itself says "application was designed for electronic completion. The form contains hidden features with sections and questions that appear or disappear........You must complete the form in its entirety before printing and signing...This application will not be accepted in handwritten format."

Thanks, That said it all. What about neatly type?

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Well, just wandering what type of play they are going to make. I would not get my hopes up, but could see a political play in them leeking a few out to keep the masses quiet.

Maineliner

"Make Ready"
    Dec 28, 2012
    Bethesda, MD
    Merlin, thanks for the tip. After careful review I opted to get the Utah permit and for-go the Florida & Virginia renewal. I rarely ever go to Florida and the Utah permit gives you pretty much the states you would get with those two. I took the Utah required training class in Jessup this morning and my application is in the mail. I am guaranteed to have it back in about 60 days.

I found this guy named Kevin Duke of Dukes Defense World who holds the class in a nice facility in Jessup, MD, just off of I-95. http://www.dukesdefenseworld.com/

Kevin puts together an all inclusive Utah certified Concealed weapons permit training class that includes the paperwork, fingerprint cards (completed in class), photos, certificate, copies of license and certificate, and an envelope addressed to the Utah BCI (Bureau of Criminal Identification). He throws in drinks, donuts, and good coffee as well as a great time.

I highly recommend this class with Kevin for those looking to obtain a Utah CCW.

Thanks again Merlin for the tip. Kevin said that Utah now has an online renewal process where you can go online and pay $15 and attach a recent photo and you will be good to go for another 5 years. No more fingerprint cards or high fees or waiting. It's awesome.

+1 for Kevin. Took the Utah class last night and its as described above. Great experience.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Merlin, thanks for the tip. After careful review I opted to get the Utah permit and for-go the Florida & Virginia renewal. I rarely ever go to Florida and the Utah permit gives you pretty much the states you would get with those two. I took the Utah required training class in Jessup this morning and my application is in the mail. I am guaranteed to have it back in about 60 days.

I found this guy named Kevin Duke of Dukes Defense World who holds the class in a nice facility in Jessup, MD, just off of I-95. http://www.dukesdefenseworld.com/

Kevin puts together an all inclusive Utah certified Concealed weapons permit training class that includes the paperwork, fingerprint cards (completed in class), photos, certificate, copies of license and certificate, and an envelope addressed to the Utah BCI (Bureau of Criminal Identification). He throws in drinks, donuts, and good coffee as well as a great time.

I highly recommend this class with Kevin for those looking to obtain a Utah CCW.

Thanks again Merlin for the tip. Kevin said that Utah now has an online renewal process where you can go online and pay $15 and attach a recent photo and you will be good to go for another 5 years. No more fingerprint cards or high fees or waiting. It's awesome.

Good to hear. I know Kevin. I met him and his wife when I attended the class with him with two of my friends. Kevin came up my house the following weekend after we took the class so he could sign off on the live fire portion of the certificate in case we wanted to also go for the Fla permit. None of us ever got the Fla permit.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Got my packet finished today will be mailing out tomorrow via certified return receipt.

G&S Reason: I am an owner of a payroll company who delivers signed checks to clientele through out maryland. I also carry business currency in order to purchase equipment and office supplies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom