• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Library Guy

Library Marksmanship Unit
    May 25, 2012
    How to cancel the Sun:

Call the Sun at 1 888 539 1280

Press 1 for the Sun (not 2 for TV Weekly)

Listen to various options having to do with missing or wet papers and vacation stops then press 0 to speak to a CSR

Listen to the phone ring; transfer to static (Don’t hang up! If you do, start over at step #1); Listen to more ringing; transfer to music alternating with static.

Wait.

Then Joan answers and wants your Home Phone Number. She does not want your account number. She wants your Home Address. She does not need the account number. Could you give the Last Name on the Account? How about spelling that name? Now Joan is ready to help. Help, Joan, help.

Tell Joan you wish to cancel the subscription to the Sun. Listen to Joan make disappointed squeaks.

Joan will ask why you wish to cancel. You could say, “Gun grabbing liberals.” Or “Dan Rodricks hasn’t had an original thought in fifteen years.” Or “I don’t care about Susan Reimer’s ovaries.”

Say, “Editorial policy.”

Joan will not hear this. Instead she will note that the cost has recently gone up 50¢ a week and will offer to continue the subscription at the old price.

Say, “Please, cancel my subscription.”

Joan will offer you Wednesday, Friday, and weekend delivery.

Don't give in to this temptress. Say, “Please, cancel my subscription.”

Joan will offer you Wednesday and weekend delivery at-

Say, “Please, cancel my subscription.” (Resist the urge to ask if there is a crossword/jumble/Sudoku only option)

Joan will suggest weekend only-

Don’t hang up on Joan she has script to follow. Say, “Please, cancel my subscription.”

Joan will tell you about a digital subscription for-

Say, “Please, cancel my subscription.” (Really, don’t hang up now because you’re almost there.)

Joan will flip to the last page of her script and tell you how the Sun values all customers and will insist that you have a great day.

Say, “Gun grabbing liberal!” and hang up. You’ve just saved yourself over $200 a year.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    I don't have a subscription, but it gets delivered a couple of times a week. The papers go right in to the recycle bin.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    Why don't you want the Sun paper? I get it and it's great for laying down on my table when I clean my guns... also as terrarium substrate for my snakes.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I don't get it even for lining the cage for my parrot. I'd rather buy craft paper.

Jim Smith

RareBird

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 11, 2013
    The only reason I would subscribe to the Sun would be to enjoy the unalloyed satisfaction of cancelling it. The OP got me excited...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom