• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    When I first got off my butt and decided it was time to head down to Annapolis and give the legicritters a piece of my mind, it was a bit of a struggle figuring out all the "fiddly bits," i.e., where to park, how to get into the Senate or House buildings, how to sign up to testify, etc. Yes, I did eventually get it together and in subsequent years found multiple threads with bits of the information needed by someone new to the process but this always seemed to be spread over multiple threads and through a bazillion posts.

Faced with a similar problem in my new home of Texas, I was delighted to find a couple of YouTube videos by the group Texas Firearms Freedom. These videos covered it all, from parking to changing your testimony on the fly. They will be a great resource for my first trip to the inner workings of the Texas legislature. Something similar for Maryland would take the mystery out of coming down to Annapolis and maybe pry a new citizen activist off the couch.

Your Guide to Committee Hearings in Texas
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg8ClOBbS7Y

How to Testify in Committee Hearings
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR_eNqgQ3Ow&feature=youtu.be

I know there are some video wizards out there in MSI and the Patriot Picket. There should be enough time to make a thorough intro to testifying before the next session rolls around.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Thanks for posting. Subscribed. Any helpfully resources are appreciated.

I made my first trip down to the Committee Hearings last year but did not testify. I plan to be prepared to testify next year. I paid carefully attention to some of the members here who did testify and learned quite a bit.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Next time I testify I'm going to use the "Don't get thrown out" method.

I forget what exactly triggered your removal. However the frustration and passion that you conveyed was sincere and in my opinion can be part of effective testimony.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    This is great and should be a sticky with a pdf attachment of changes relative to Maryland vs. Texas.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    When I first got off my butt and decided it was time to head down to Annapolis and give the legicritters a piece of my mind, it was a bit of a struggle figuring out all the "fiddly bits," i.e., where to park, how to get into the Senate or House buildings, how to sign up to testify, etc. Yes, I did eventually get it together and in subsequent years found multiple threads with bits of the information needed by someone new to the process but this always seemed to be spread over multiple threads and through a bazillion posts.

Faced with a similar problem in my new home of Texas, I was delighted to find a couple of YouTube videos by the group Texas Firearms Freedom. These videos covered it all, from parking to changing your testimony on the fly. They will be a great resource for my first trip to the inner workings of the Texas legislature. Something similar for Maryland would take the mystery out of coming down to Annapolis and maybe pry a new citizen activist off the couch.

Your Guide to Committee Hearings in Texas
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg8ClOBbS7Y

How to Testify in Committee Hearings
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR_eNqgQ3Ow&feature=youtu.be

I know there are some video wizards out there in MSI and the Patriot Picket. There should be enough time to make a thorough intro to testifying before the next session rolls around.

Thanks for posting all this! A lot of that certainly applies here in our own legislature.

It was in the cards to make a video on the process before last session, but I failed to make the time for it. Certainly something I'd like to do by next session.

We did make a text guide though. That's available here: https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=218896

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    This is great and should be a sticky with a pdf attachment of changes relative to Maryland vs. Texas.

While many of the points covered in the videos are applicable to Maryland, the biggest difference is that in Maryland I had to remove the tiny Swiss Army knife from my keychain while in Texas I can enter the Capitol Building and testify in the committee room while wearing a sidearm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom