• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Just left. Typical size for HoCo, all the usual vendors are here. I saw overpriced ammo, and I also saw a few vendors with reasonable prices.

As usual compare prices with South Carroll before buying elsewhere, odds are if they have it, they have a better price on it.
    And if we dont have it we may be able to get it for you!...LOL Thanks Bullfrog

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Anyone there have the “hidden in plain sight” type furniture?

Edwonbass

Jan 28, 2021
    Union Mills, MD
    I’ve never been to a gun show before so this might be a dumb question. Can you have your concealed firearm on you provided you have a ccw permit? Since I’ve been able to, I carry everywhere and I would hate to leave it in the car. If concealed carry is not allowed, I would probably just leave it at home.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I’ve never been to a gun show before so this might be a dumb question. Can you have your concealed firearm on you provided you have a ccw permit? Since I’ve been able to, I carry everywhere and I would hate to leave it in the car. If concealed carry is not allowed, I would probably just leave it at home.
    MOST gun shows post signs prohibiting loaded firearms in the show premises. I believe the promoter of this show posts such signage. Keeps the insurance company happy and cuts down on "oppsies" with people whipping it out to check holster fit or something equally dumb. Usually a guy at or near the entrance of the show asking about loaded firearms.

Edwonbass

Jan 28, 2021
    Union Mills, MD
    MOST gun shows post signs prohibiting loaded firearms in the show premises. I believe the promoter of this show posts such signage. Keeps the insurance company happy and cuts down on "oppsies" with people whipping it out to check holster fit or something equally dumb. Usually a guy at or near the entrance of the show asking about loaded firearms.
    Thanks, that’s good to know. I think I should be able to make it from Westminster to the West Friendship safely without any hardware. It’s the ride back that will get me.

Dec 9, 2022
    Finksburg, MD
    I may slip down there tomorrow and see if the ammo prices are better than what some I can get online with the sellers who are offering free shipping now. There is no such thing as having too much ammo.

nuxbag

Dec 15, 2018
    I may slip down there tomorrow and see if the ammo prices are better than what some I can get online with the sellers who are offering free shipping now. There is no such thing as having too much ammo.
    Prices were on the high side

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Thanks, that’s good to know. I think I should be able to make it from Westminster to the West Friendship safely without any hardware. It’s the ride back that will get me.
    Guess that depends on if you tell the wife about buying more guns.

I don't carry into gun shows. Both because most promotors prohibit and because several I have spoken to have security in place. Usually plainclothes. I don't want to be the unknown MWAG if anything happens as that would likely make me a default target.

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    Anyone see a sig 320 Max at the show?

Attachments

• max-uspsa-p320max-4.jpg
      max-uspsa-p320max-4.jpg
      76.5 KB · Views: 59

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    The show wasn't too bad. Ammo prices were decent for the new normal. Gun prices weren't that great. I saw 4 Ruger 10/22's for $450+. Nothing special about them. Most guns were overpriced by at least $75-$150 of models that I know of.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I’ve been wanting a Henry stainless all weather side gate 357. I’ve expected to pay full retail , around $1200, if I ever found one. Saw one there yesterday for 2K. No thanks.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I’ve been wanting a Henry stainless all weather side gate 357. I’ve expected to pay full retail , around $1200, if I ever found one. Saw one there yesterday for 2K. No thanks.
    From what I see, most sellers at shows are gougers,, I am loosely looking at a marlin 45-70,, LGS had/has the Marlin S.S. trapper - $1250,,, Saw about 6-8 of them at the last "Nations show" they ranged from $1800 - 2200

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom