• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    lol. I see people paying "inflated prices." Why would a seller reduce their prices if people are paying it?

The beauty of America is that you can run your business however you want and then someone will be along to criticize it.
    That’s the thing a lot of people aren’t. There are multiple people here who have said “I was in and out didn’t buy anything”. I haven’t bought anything at a GS in years. Again not to toot SCSG’s horn as i have never been a customer but he’s the only reason to go to that show. Unless you desperately need an item now.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    That’s the thing a lot of people aren’t. There are multiple people here who have said “I was in and out didn’t buy anything”. I haven’t bought anything at a GS in years. Again not to toot SCSG’s horn as i have never been a customer but he’s the only reason to go to that show. Unless you desperately need an item now.
    I watched quite a few overpriced glocks and an overpriced rifle fly off the table and as I walked out lots of people were doing paperwork at one of the overpriced vendors.

People on this forum are much more informed than the average MD gun owner, shit usually more informed than the average HGP instructor, and are not representative of the buying public. They also tend to leave the GS with a sidelong glance shaking their head at all the people doing paperwork.

People were fondling the overpriced SCARs the overpriced PTR MP5 clone and the "rArE fDe mD lEgAl" Tavor (LMAO).

Also keep in mind, if you live in MoCo, those may be *cough* normal gun store prices because its a high cost area. I did not choke on the prices of the LWRC's I saw because I have seen them for that price at regular FFLs. That said, I know exactly where to get them $300 cheaper in Pasadena.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I watched quite a few overpriced glocks and an overpriced rifle fly off the table and as I walked out lots of people were doing paperwork at one of the overpriced vendors.

People on this forum are much more informed than the average MD gun owner, shit usually more informed than the average HGP instructor, and are not representative of the buying public. They also tend to leave the GS with a sidelong glance shaking their head at all the people doing paperwork.

People were fondling the overpriced SCARs the overpriced PTR MP5 clone and the "rArE fDe mD lEgAl" Tavor (LMAO).

Also keep in mind, if you live in MoCo, those may be *cough* normal gun store prices because its a high cost area. I did not choke on the prices of the LWRC's I saw because I have seen them for that price at regular FFLs. That said, I know exactly where to get them $300 cheaper in Pasadena.
    You’re first 2 paragraphs are a very good point and personal observation.

I do live in MoCo and have shopped heavily with United and Engage. I don’t find them to be cheap but i do find them to be fair. Essentially online prices + shipping/transfer +/- $10. At those prices I’ll gladly support them when my needs arise. I don’t even want to know their rents but again I’ve never felt ripped off. Damn good customer service at both.

I digress though this isn’t about me pecker pulling our IPs lol. I’m all for watching the gun industry thrive but if anyone wants to buy an $800 Sub2K lemme know I’ll order one this afternoon ;)

OldBrokenGrunt

Aug 3, 2022
    Mount Airy

Your dead on about a lot. But what would happen if these frantic gun buyers got some education about what’s a good price for a firearm? That’s the part that annoys me because these goofballs are the reason that gun prices are where they are. Supply and demand is all well and good but when you have supply, demand, and village idiots thrown in it screws things up for the rest of us. Lol.

Even being there early I saw enough morons drooling over the “bling” section of gun parts. Who in their right mind buys that kind of crap for a firearm? Same damn people who buy a $300 car and put $1500 rims on it. SMH.

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    The only thing I found there worth buying was some Hornady 6.5CM 147gr match ammo for $2/rd. which is the current internet going rate rate (after shipping), and a stripper clip spoon for $1.

OldBrokenGrunt

Aug 3, 2022
    Mount Airy
    I glanced at the firearms on display. I had to do a couple double takes on the old army FM’s I saw in their “book” section. Leadership and Counseling, just what I expected to find at a gun show. Lol

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    For those that went today, was there much of a selection on optics? I want to get some hands on comparisons with a couple RD’s and did anyone have any Primary Arms products?
    LOL,,
    I came here to ask if any upcoming shows would likely have a good selection of Holosun Reflex/RD AND PA prism sights.

I am trying to make up my mind for my 9mmPCC. looking at Holosun HE510C, HE512C, HE515C and Primary Arms 1X micro prism.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    LOL,,
    I came here to ask if any upcoming shows would likely have a good selection of Holosun Reflex/RD AND PA prism sights.

I am trying to make up my mind for my 9mmPCC. looking at Holosun HE510C, HE512C, HE515C and Primary Arms 1X micro prism.

McKenzie Optics usually attends the Gettysburg shows with a good selection of red dots and magnifiers, including Holosun. I bought one from them a couple of years ago.

The next GB show is coming up next weekend.

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    LOL,,

There was one vendor with Holosun optics, but pricing was slightly higher than what you can find online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom