Howard County Silverado July 20 & 21 (with Amateur Radio Hamfest too!)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    For my 1st gun show it was ok. Joined the NRA at a discount and got free admission. Donated to the legal fund. Bought an ammo can. And freaking drooled over the ARs I can never afford unless I build it myself. Met some nice folks. The guy in the back, Precision..whats their story? They looked like they were assembling lowers and uppers on site. I can,t comment on gun prices as I don't know enough for comparison except for 1 or two models I have been looking at.

Precision Firearms are good people. Very friendly, fair prices from what I've seen and they do work while you wait at shows like you mentioned. The owner is a member on here too. Mark, I think his name is.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Well... Shooters Discount was real busy. if you havent gotten an ar-15,
    the Bushmaster HBARs are $880 and look like new.
    Lou "cookie monster" 45, tasted ShallNotsInfringe's cookies at the show.;)
    Lets just say they were so good that he wouldnt share.:D
    I'll let Lou or Cynthia explain this one....:innocent0

i thought , overall, it was good for a MD show.
    i did drool a bit over the Tavors though, but ended up bringing a Bushmaster home.:)

FIFY :)

He totally tricked me. Told me to bring plenty to share with his crew. Then he didn't want to share AT ALL! I have never seen anyone eat one of those cookies in a single bite before. Just to give you an idea of the size, imagine a 2 three inch diameter cookies with jam in between. My goodness, it was gone in a flash when I handed him the plate. Then he fessed up that it was a ploy to get more for HiMSELF!!!

Darn that Adcor! Lou's right! One nice gun! Why, oh why, did I try it on?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Lou told me about dirty steak wensday at the shop,sounded good now I'm asking around to try and get q dirty steak now.

Make a nice wood fire, get a good coal bed going, toss a ribeye on (after letting it come to room temperature, put a little montreal steak on just before throwing it on), flip after 5 minutes, take it off 5 minutes later and you will have the best steak ever!

pilgrim

Mrs Pilgrim has gone to her first gun show, finally.
    She loved HNP, Shooters Discount, and wait for it...... Top Hat.
    I found out who visits the jerky, jewelry and nut tables.
    Purchases at SCB for fresh lead, lost old lead at range.
    We hit Shooters Discount and yup, the tradeins got her. We are expecting "hers and mine" P229 in .40SW. The Glock lost, Signess is strong in her.

I forgot the hamfest, though this year all money going towards firearms.

pilgrim

I was there early. Ammo prices were a little better although still high. One vender had 30 rnd boxes of 5.56 60 gr for $10.00, but that was very rare. A young girl was selling factory reload 9mm for $260.00 / 1000 (case). The reloader was "Jack Ross" out of Reno, NV. Never heard of it. As far as the A/C, it did not seem to be effective in the morning.

My friends tried to buy that Jack Ross reloads, but the young lady said you have to buy on line then come back in building to pick it up.... really.
    The ac worked for me, but I was outside most of the week.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Not all was lost got to oogle some nice guns, showed the wife what I wanted for my birthday and she even decided she wanted a new pistol!

I also stopped by the M1 depot guy and got myself some small parts and more importantly sexy new grips from my resto I'm working on. Couldn't find any 45acp worth buying or any powder that was a decent price but these sent me home with a smile!

20130720_195137_zps57c554d1.jpg
    [/IMG]
    20130720_195152_zps9c2a461d.jpg
    [/IMG]

Safeboat079

Feb 24, 2013
    Baltimore County
    For anyone on the fence about going, I would make the trip, definitely the most reasonable prices I've seen at a MD show in a while. Of course there were a few over the top prices, but there are some good deals to be had, just depends on what you're looking for. A lot of HBARs, AK's and Mini-14's at very reasonable prices. Plenty of ammo around, but I can't comment on the prices, I wasn't looking for ammo so I didn't notice. I picked up a few pieces for a build I'm working on, was tempted by a Russian AK for $900, and got some good Ideas for my next project. Overall a good show, with a good selection.

putneyswope

Dismember
    Aug 7, 2010
    Not all was lost got to oogle some nice guns, showed the wife what I wanted for my birthday and she even decided she wanted a new pistol!

I also stopped by the M1 depot guy and got myself some small parts and more importantly sexy new grips from my resto I'm working on. Couldn't find any 45acp worth buying or any powder that was a decent price but these sent me home with a smile!

20130720_195137_zps57c554d1.jpg
    [/IMG]
    20130720_195152_zps9c2a461d.jpg
    [/IMG]

Nice grips, Stu! What kind of pistole, Norinco?

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    An Agentine Sistema my wife got it for me for fathers day! It had very little remaining finish and some surface rust. I cleaned it up and I plan to try to rust blue it. If I screw it up its headed to hendershots for cerakote ;-)

Integrity

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    Scored 50 rounds of .308 for $5. It was mismarked but the seller let me have it at that price anyway. That alone made the trip well worth it.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    FIFY :)

He totally tricked me. Told me to bring plenty to share with his crew. Then he didn't want to share AT ALL! I have never seen anyone eat one of those cookies in a single bite before. Just to give you an idea of the size, imagine a 2 three inch diameter cookies with jam in between. My goodness, it was gone in a flash when I handed him the plate. Then he fessed up that it was a ploy to get more for HiMSELF!!!

Darn that Adcor! Lou's right! One nice gun! Why, oh why, did I try it on?

Sorry Cynthia, i suffer for oldtimers disease.:D or CRS>:rolleyes:
    I was going to comment on the size of Lou's mouth and the huge cookie, but everyone knows the cookie would loose.:D

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    I was severely tempted by the Adcor gas piston ARs at Shooters Discount. By far the nicest ARs at the show. Pricey, but they have cool features like side charging handle and dust blocker that I've not seen on any other model. I didn't buy, but I'm thinking I will before Oct. 1.

I was also tempted by the Rock River Arms HBARs Kings Mountain was selling, but those can wait until after Oct. 1.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I was severely tempted by the Adcor gas piston ARs at Shooters Discount. By far the nicest ARs at the show. Pricey, but they have cool features like side charging handle and dust blocker that I've not seen on any other model. I didn't buy, but I'm thinking I will before Oct. 1.

I was also tempted by the Rock River Arms HBARs Kings Mountain was selling, but those can wait until after Oct. 1.

Was thinking we need a Firearms Anonymous group to start up on October 1. Good thing they didn't make that bill effective on December 1st, or else there wouldn't be a Christmas. Already gave up the summer vacation...

Good to hear I am not alone on the huge magnetic field coming from those Adcor's.

Thinking August is gonna be another mac'n'cheese month. :)

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Was thinking we need a Firearms Anonymous group to start up on October 1. Good thing they didn't make that bill effective on December 1st, or else there wouldn't be a Christmas. Already gave up the summer vacation...

Good to hear I am not alone on the huge magnetic field coming from those Adcor's.

Thinking August is gonna be another mac'n'cheese month. :)

i think they have a 12 step program.:D

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Anyone know if there's a decent selection (or any at all) of accessories for a Ruger 10/22? I'm specifically looking for a BX-25 Ruger 25rd magazine, or something similar. Also a regular picatinny rail that will fit on a 10/22 in place of the Ruger rail that came with it. I'd also like to look at some replacement stocks.

MattFive

Nov 10, 2012
    Gambrills, MD
    Anyone know if there's a decent selection (or any at all) of accessories for a Ruger 10/22? I'm specifically looking for a BX-25 Ruger 25rd magazine, or something similar. Also a regular picatinny rail that will fit on a 10/22 in place of the Ruger rail that came with it. I'd also like to look at some replacement stocks.

Seeing as the transfer of mags greater than 20rds is prohibited in MD, you're not likely to find those for sale. Not sure about the other 10/22 parts. You should try the Chantilly show next weekend as you'd have better luck on both.

Safeboat079

Feb 24, 2013
    Baltimore County

I saw a lot of 10-22's there with different stocks on them. I saw one table that was selling the Archangel stock kit, another selling the Tapco stock kit. Sorry, I didn't see the prices. Plenty of accessories for them, you shouldn't have a problem finding what you're looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom