• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dantheman

Jan 26, 2011
    Ok, I was interested in the glock 36 but when I googled the reviews it seems to have a problem with jamming up. As of right now its a deal breaker.

If you have one, have you had any problems with it? It seems like alot of people dont want to admit the 36 has a problem.

Marauder

Revolver Addict
    Dec 14, 2010
    My 36 has been flawless, I only have 600 rounds of ball through her.. But will be putting some HP ammo through her soon..

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    They seem to be sensitive to grip and weak ammo. I bought mine used from a guy that said he put only 50 rounds through it. I tried it out with WWB and several rounds stovepiped. Re-adjusting my grip and making sure I wasn't limp-wristing seemed to make it go away.

Next I tried Speer Gold Dot 230gr and had zero stoppages. Then Speer Lawman 200gr +P with zero stoppages. I went back to WWB and had one more stovepipe in 200 rounds, but it seems to be broken in much better. It's been 100% with quality defensive loads, and I trust it with that.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    99% of all jamming issues with glocks is limp wristing.

My first wife could not shoot a G17 without having a stove pipe about every other round. I take the gun and shoot no issues. Over and over and over.
    I clear the stove pipe shoot 4-5 rounds fine, give it back to her, same ammo, still same mag, stove pipe.

JavaDan

Beer - Nectar of the Gods
    Feb 25, 2010
    Pasadena
    I bought one about 5 months ago. It is a wonderful gun. I've fed it Remington, Winchester and my reloads with zero issues of any kind.

That having been said, I let a relative shoot it and he had several FTE's in the first mag. That turned out to be limp-wristing, as others have said. Once he figured that out he, too, had zero problems since that first time.

I don't think there are any inherent issues with the G36 design. There are a lot of people making mods to their guns, particularly with trigger bars. They don't want to admit it either for warranty considerations or vanity, or whatever.

If the mods aren't done correctly (e.g. matching with correct springs) then unwanted behavior can be introduced.

How many of those people are shooting with mismatched mods or worn out springs and blaming it on the model design?

I've shot it enough now to pick it as my CCW gun. I'm retired LEO and have been shooting pistols for a very long time. It is the only gun, except for my Beretta 84, that I trust in that role.

That should tell you something.

Dantheman

Jan 26, 2011
    Thanks for the replies. I think I'll try to pick one up within the next year. Ide buy sooner if I was allowed to carry it, LOL. If I dont like it im sure someone will buy it, they seem to sell well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom