• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    So, who is this gent?

I heard on the streaming that Hogan's secretary for appointments (?) , Mr Schrader, is working on a replacement member. I asked if anyone knew Schrader and what his background was.
    Hopefully they're working on this.
    "Hope is masochism in the present tense." (Extra credit for knowing this reference!)

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Nope, not even close. I am a Defense Contractor. I am the type of person that wants to see things in writing and clearly defined.

Much of the difficulty getting permits is because people are trying push the boundaries. They are working towards two main issues. Self defense as good and substantial, and eliminating restrictions.

But if all you want is a permit without blazing a trail, unless you have some reason for being prohibited, you have a reasonable chance for success. Start or have a business, deposit receipts, answer the questions, supply the documentation, and payments, submit your app. At the top of this forum there is a How To thread. The business reason is the most successful for those that do not fall into the other categories. You are very likely to get restrictions unless you have a business reason for always carrying substantial amounts of cash. And even then you are likely to get restrictions, but put it in writing what you think your restriction should say and why. It's just about a guarantee if you don't suggest a restriction, they will make one up for you that you will not like.

Maryland has an arbitrary feature called G&S built in so they can make up the rules as they go along. But don't be prohibited, play the game by following what has worked for others, and you have a pretty good chance of success. All it takes is time and money.

Clearly defined and in writing is not going to happen. If that is a trail you are trying to blaze, quit while you are ahead.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    f'in west. worthless.

But she is an NRA instructor ... :lol2:

How many apps are the SP denying every month? How many of those are being appealed? The backlog CANNOT be dealt with by the HPRB alone. The HPRB was never intended and is not structured to be the main reviewing entity for permits. The exception cases and oddities should be heard by the HPRB. THAT is the problem.

Can we get this information with a PIA request?

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Do the right thing.

Simply because it is the right thing.

These board members will have to live the rest of their lives by the decisions and comments they make. And sometimes - lack thereof.

Every officer, enlisted, and elected official in these wonderful United States - pledge an oath to uphold the laws and governance, the highest of all these is the Constitution of the United States. To betray this oath, and the highest decree is a disgrace.

Please never forget: The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Shall not be infringed. <--- special emphasis placed on this, and if you read the Federalist Papers, or any of the letters between our founding fathers, you will perfectly understand what and why exactly they said this. Its not some outdated saying, its the living embodiment of the very spirit of America.

Reread your oath, and reconsider your opinion.

Do the right thing.

Simply because it is the right thing.

FatMuscle

Aug 9, 2010
    La Plata
    A or B are most likely subsequent permits. I had and SPO and associated handgun permit. Then became an FFL and another associated permit which carried the same permit number but added an "A" to it.

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Will the audio posted? the most recent one I see in the playlist is 4/5. thanks!

Dangit... I did it again. I just copied it to the on demand folder. The server has two folders, one that plays it in a rotation and one that lets it be an on-demand... it was once again in one, and not the other.

Sorry,
    Mark

MDlineman

Mar 23, 2013
    FFL (Fredneck For Life)
    Much of the difficulty getting permits is because people are trying push the boundaries. They are working towards two main issues. Self defense as good and substantial, and eliminating restrictions.

But if all you want is a permit without blazing a trail, unless you have some reason for being prohibited, you have a reasonable chance for success. Start or have a business, deposit receipts, answer the questions, supply the documentation, and payments, submit your app. At the top of this forum there is a How To thread. The business reason is the most successful for those that do not fall into the other categories. You are very likely to get restrictions unless you have a business reason for always carrying substantial amounts of cash. And even then you are likely to get restrictions, but put it in writing what you think your restriction should say and why. It's just about a guarantee if you don't suggest a restriction, they will make one up for you that you will not like.

Maryland has an arbitrary feature called G&S built in so they can make up the rules as they go along. But don't be prohibited, play the game by following what has worked for others, and you have a pretty good chance of success. All it takes is time and money.

Clearly defined and in writing is not going to happen. If that is a trail you are trying to blaze, quit while you are ahead.

"All it takes is time and money". WTF!! Not trying to bust your chops here, but this doesn't read very well. I am a blue collar worker, pay my taxes and I need time and money, or own a business to excersise my Constitutional rights?

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    "All it takes is time and money". WTF!! Not trying to bust your chops here, but this doesn't read very well. I am a blue collar worker, pay my taxes and I need time and money, or own a business to excersise my Constitutional rights?
    I don't think he was suggesting that he agrees with it. I think he is simply explaining the reality of the situation in Maryland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom