• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    So the commander of the LD and the Asst Commander were allowed into the closed session even though they were not technically a party to the hearing? Wash Frosh allowed in too? How about Vinny Demarco?

This grinds my gears. Double standard is not acceptable. How can we push back on this?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The LD brass could concievably be considered as representing the MSP LD in their official capacity.

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    This grinds my gears. Double standard is not acceptable. How can we push back on this?

People are able to bring who they want into the hearings as witnesses or character references. We are afforded the same as the MSP, they are not doing anything out of bounds there.

We as a group need to stop listening to people who have never traversed this process and do not know what they are talking about. Changes are being made, I work with multiple people who do not own businesses that applied under security clearances as their G&S who have received their permits without having to go to the HPRB. That in my eyes is a win as we are chipping away at what constitutes as G&S and what does not.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    People are able to bring who they want into the hearings as witnesses or character references. We are afforded the same as the MSP, they are not doing anything out of bounds there.

We as a group need to stop listening to people who have never traversed this process and do not know what they are talking about. Changes are being made, I work with multiple people who do not own businesses that applied under security clearances as their G&S who have received their permits without having to go to the HPRB. That in my eyes is a win as we are chipping away at what constitutes as G&S and what does not.

I agree we are making progress. The underlying problem is there should be no requirement for a G&S, time to reread the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    So the commander of the LD and the Asst Commander were allowed into the closed session even though they were not technically a party to the hearing? Wash Frosh allowed in too? How about Vinny Demarco?

If that closed session was the one in which they "discussed legal issues" then something is definitely brewing. That situation is most significant.

I will reserve changing my opinion of the LDs operations until I gather more facts to judge. Until then, I have observed little change in their views.

Granted, possessing a clearance makes one a target, but to my view it is only one factor to be considered in the process. If it was the only criterion, as has been implied, then many, many of us would apply.

As I said, I will reserve judgement.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

All of the troopers went even, even shows that in't have anything to do with the application.

doublins

Dec 16, 2015
    AA County
    My personal experience interacting with the MSP during the process of obtaining my permit was very positive. I talked to Lazuick directly in the hallway one day, and found him to be honest, respectful, receptive to hearing my questions, gave good info, and was open to following up on the phone if I had more questions.

My investigator was cordial, direct, receptive to my personal reasons stated for my G&S, openly supportive of civilian carry in general, stated that "more people should apply," than do, and thorough in following up with my contacts.

I personally refuse to buy into these theories of the MSP as an oppressive anti-2A agency hell-bent on denying our rights. I believe whole-heartedly that things are slowly improving. Our AG sucks, that is known, but I believe the process is improving, and I put my money where my mouth was and it worked.

TheBulge

Mar 7, 2011
    My personal experience interacting with the MSP during the process of obtaining my permit was very positive.

My experience couldn't have been more different. Everyone I dealt with was completely unprofessional, lost documents, unreturned emails, they made my references call them, the decision was delayed well past the allotted timeframe, phone calls resorted in endless cycles of transfers usually resulting in a disconnection. When I asked why my assumed risk position wasn't accepted as G&S I was told "that's not what its for" and when I pointed out their SOP I was told "we have to change that".

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

Only if designated individuals are sworn in or attorneys.

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    I seem to recall there is a question of if they should even be able to have these closed hearings.

Doesn't the sunshine law dramatically restrict the circumstances under which they can conduct hearings behind closed doors?

Or is my memory faulty...?

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Denials of previous holders being reviewed or restriction modification is in the law, iirc.

eachurch1972

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 27, 2015
    Communist Republic
    Agree! There should be no need for G&S. Do Maryland citizens not deserve the right to protect themselves in and out of the home? Maryland has become a very, very violent place to live and work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom