• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Anyone doing HQL classes in the SOMD area? Grandson didn't get a handgun before Oct. 1 so he needs a course in addition to everything else

1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    They are not the most popular place, but Freds was doing it every week. 2 hrs on tues and 2 hrs thursday for $75.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I teach the HQL class on an as need/requested basis. Classes are kept small and we will even accommodate an individual if needed.

Send me a PM for details; time, date and location if your interested.

Joshnir

Dec 30, 2013
    La Plata
    I thought I read something in the new bill that said you don't have to take the class if you already own a handgun, Does that mean since I've owned handguns before October I can get my HQL by just submitting my fingerprints and paying the fee or am I interpreting it incorrectly?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I thought I read something in the new bill that said you don't have to take the class if you already own a handgun, Does that mean since I've owned handguns before October I can get my HQL by just submitting my fingerprints and paying the fee or am I interpreting it incorrectly?

Yep, you are excempted from the traiming requirement.

ASTC

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner

You are correct. When you go online you will have to enter a serial number of one of your firearms so that the MSP can check it against their data base.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom