HQL denied to to Medical Marijuana Card?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Do you drink coffee?

Multi-quote tutorial.

Look through all of the posts. If you want to respond to a statement, and think there may be others hit the Milti-Q button on the bottom of the post. Once you have gotten through all of the posts hit "Post Reply" at the bottom of the page. All the quotes you want to respond to will be there in one post.

Caffeine does not impair response time, alertness or judgment. ;)

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Depends on the state. By the side-of-the-road-breath-test standard, my 250+ pound frame is probably not legally under the influence after a glass of wine with dinner, followed by a full meal, lots of water, and sitting around gabbing for a while. But I still don't take that chance, so it's iced tea for me if I'm heeled. Why take the chance? But that won't stop me from going into a restaurant or bar with friends. In DC, you have to know the difference between a restaurant, a bar, and a tavern. Because for some reason alcohol impacts you differently in those places, kind of like how COVID doesn't impact BLM protesters, but it does impact everyone else.

can you elaborate on the difference between the three and how that applies to firearms?

I don't drink alcohol at all, so any 'grey' isn't an issue.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Marijuana is not a recognized medicine (with the exception of FDA approved Marinol) and marijuana dispensaries are not health care providers. HIPAA (not HIPPA) DOES NOT APPLY.

Stop with the HIPAA angle. I’m sure you signing your rights away is on the paperwork you do.

I was just stating in general, not as it related to a MM card.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Multi-quote tutorial.

Look through all of the posts. If you want to respond to a statement, and think there may be others hit the Milti-Q button on the bottom of the post. Once you have gotten through all of the posts hit "Post Reply" at the bottom of the page. All the quotes you want to respond to will be there in one post.

Caffeine does not impair response time, alertness or judgment. ;)

Sorry about that. I should probably run a word document and just write my response to the multi quotes and read through. I started a few pages in.

The problem is I am bouncing between my desktop and my tablet on this one thread, so it would be a bit tricky.

I will do better in the next long winded thread.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    In general? There are a lot of instances where HIPAA does not apply and a lot of things you sign waiving HIPAA.

Yes, I was trying to let the writing of the reply know that is not the only instance where HIPPA applies. That is all.

My wife is an RN, and I have taken a few days worth of HIPPA training for my job.

I lean on her more for the HIPPA questions as it related to my job though as she uses the regulation more.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    can you elaborate on the difference between the three and how that applies to firearms?

I don't drink alcohol at all, so any 'grey' isn't an issue.

In broad terms, different jurisdictions feel different ways about this. Some allow you to carry in a restaurant that has a bar, but not in a place that is ONLY a bar. Some allow you to carry in that bar/restaurant, but you can’t physically sit in the area that one would recognize as being “the bar” part of the establishment. Some essentially say, “go anywhere and do whatever you want ... but do NOT be under the influence while you’re carrying.”

In DC, the distinction is based on how the establishment is zoned. As a carrying patron, you have to know which alphanumeric codes appear in small print on the posted occupancy permit in the window of the establishment. Because one code means “this is a restaurant with a liquor license,” another code means “this is a bar,” and another code means “this is a tavern.” Carrying in one of them is perfectly legal if you have your DC permit, but carrying in another is a crime - whether or not you have a single sip of alcohol. So, you definitely need to know the nuances when you’re carrying.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    In broad terms, different jurisdictions feel different ways about this. Some allow you to carry in a restaurant that has a bar, but not in a place that is ONLY a bar. Some allow you to carry in that bar/restaurant, but you can’t physically sit in the area that one would recognize as being “the bar” part of the establishment. Some essentially say, “go anywhere and do whatever you want ... but do NOT be under the influence while you’re carrying.”

In DC, the distinction is based on how the establishment is zoned. As a carrying patron, you have to know which alphanumeric codes appear in small print on the posted occupancy permit in the window of the establishment. Because one code means “this is a restaurant with a liquor license,” another code means “this is a bar,” and another code means “this is a tavern.” Carrying in one of them is perfectly legal if you have your DC permit, but carrying in another is a crime - whether or not you have a single sip of alcohol. So, you definitely need to know the nuances when you’re carrying.

Thank you. I have considered getting my DC permit. I rarely venture into DC, but I work around it and I am sure as time goes on I might find myself down there more often.

The carry permit seems more restrictive though as DC regulated gun free zones in a lot of space. The anti gun folks lost, but then began regulation against the carries bringing there weapons in many spaces

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    HIPPA protects an individuals health records. A healthcare provider discussing medical condition is just one example of protection HIPPA provides.

The post of mine you quoted, the answer to your lame claim here is in that post.

There is no need to name call.

Whatever genius. The post I just referred to you quoting would the one you're responding to here. In case you missed it because you appear to be somewhat slow.....YOU LITERALLY SIGN AWAY YOUR HIPAA RIGHTS TO BUY A HANDGUN IN MARYLAND. HQL probably has the same form, I do not know for sure since I never bothered with HQL because I was leaving the commie hellhole called Maryland.

Marijuana is not a recognized medicine (with the exception of FDA approved Marinol) and marijuana dispensaries are not health care providers. HIPAA (not HIPPA) DOES NOT APPLY.

Stop with the HIPAA angle. I’m sure you signing your rights away is on the paperwork you do.

Some people are just a tad slow on the uptake Doc. It's been mentioned many times in this thread. Plus you sign HIPAA away when buying handguns in MD.

OP stated she doesn't use it recreationally or smoke it.

Doesn't mean shit to the Feds which is what the denial is based upon. Did you not grasp that the many times it was mentioned in the thread?

They had guns that required some dexterity to operate. Not like our modern guns

No more than most modern arms. I've shot both types. Your argument here is specious.

In general? There are a lot of instances where HIPAA does not apply and a lot of things you sign waiving HIPAA.

Yes, I was trying to let the writing of the reply know that is not the only instance where HIPPA applies. That is all.

My wife is an RN, and I have taken a few days worth of HIPPA training for my job.

I lean on her more for the HIPPA questions as it related to my job though as she uses the regulation more.

You might actually do some research into what you sign away when applying to buy a gun in Maryland before spouting off. The state's own website for Medical Marijuana even tells you flat out that you lose your 2A Rights with the MM card and exactly why. It isn't rocket science, neither to figure out nor to find the information.

BTW- this what multi-quote is, learn to use it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Thanks Doc... I'm only on my first morning cup of mind-altering caffeinated beverage and a little slow to respond.:rolleyes:

I deleted what I was going to post because... well... because... I forgot... :drunk:

:facepalm:

:D

Get that caffeine in quick!

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Mods please close this jump the shark devolve into stupidity thread? Should be four posts at most.

1- man will lose right to firearms in MD if I want to work the system to legally smoke stuff

2- correct legal in MD but Federally no. That is the gotcha

3- but but but HIPAA compliance?

4- no not from doc but dispensary.

But but but. Stop!!!! No soup for you.

Christ Almighty. Smh

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Mods please close this jump the shark devolve into stupidity thread? Should be four posts at most.

1- man will lose right to firearms in MD if I want to work the system to legally smoke stuff

2- correct legal in MD but Federally no. That is the gotcha

3- but but but HIPAA compliance?

4- no not from doc but dispensary.

But but but. Stop!!!! No soup for you.

Christ Almighty. Smh
    But there are doubtless several 'Turkish Bath' posts, as well as 'sweet lemonade' posts yet to be typed.

Johnny Ringo weeps.

Big Nose Kate is inconsolable.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Even then its iffy. It says you can't carry while "under the influence." Are you under the influence after 1 drink with dinner?

Most likely not. The same thresholds for driving apply to carrying as far as under the influence or intoxication. (With respect to MD, other states may differ)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom