HQL denied to to Medical Marijuana Card?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    Not unusual for a thread to be definitively answered by the end of the first 10 posts yet go on forever due to multiple hijacks, course diversions, etc. It's all about the post count for many
    Well, since you brought it up, we might as well settle the 45/9mm debate in this thread.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Why blow out someone's lung with 9mm when you can blow out their soul with a 45acp, what about .40S/W well you just blow...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Not unusual for a thread to be definitively answered by the end of the first 10 posts yet go on forever due to multiple hijacks, course diversions, etc. It's all about the post count for many
    For me, it’s about entertainment. The post count comes with the territory.

Abuck

Ultimate Member

Attachments

• F261576E-CF05-494C-983F-B36A0EA000F8.jpeg
      F261576E-CF05-494C-983F-B36A0EA000F8.jpeg
      72.7 KB · Views: 39

Abuck

Ultimate Member
    So true. When I join a forum I lurk a while to get the lay of the land, and when there’s something to actually post about, so many times it’s already been said earlier in the thread so I just wasn’t posting much. It was a bit of a wait to have WC privileges.

Trauma915

Oct 4, 2019
    So I guess we just spent a bunch of money for nothing....we were just told by the state police that are going to be denied due to the fact that we are "habitual" users of Medical Marijuana. I said first of, habitual implies that I use marijuana due to a habit, I use it occasionally along with CBD for a medical condition (scleroderma) rather than be on Oxy's or Percs or other narcotics.

So I guess our choice is:

A. Turn in the MM Card and start taking Percs, Oxy and whatever narcotics they will throw at us AND THEN we can possess a handgun.

B. Continue with our MM usage for medical purposes and load up on rifles, shotguns, sling shots, bow and arrow or whatever the hell else we want to just NOT a handgun.

I also did not see this one the Maryland licensing website, the website of the instructor for the HQL class nor did they address it in class.

Any thoughts on this????
    You cant purchase any firearms if you have a medical marijuana card unless you answer the NICS application form untruthfully. Period.. full stop. These are the laws your dully elected state legislators have enacted. Elections have consequences.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    For me, it’s about entertainment. The post count comes with the territory.
    It's funny that some people think that someone with a high post count looks at their post count. At this very moment, I could not even give a general guess on my post count. I could not care less.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It's funny that some people think that someone with a high post count looks at their post count. At this very moment, I could not even give a general guess on my post count. I could not care less.
    Me neither. Lol.

Though I just looked. 50,000 post karma gonna have to be good.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Now that I see myself, looks like I'm gonna have to come up with a doozy of a 40,000 karma in the near future. :lol2:
    Imagine all of our post counts if a lot of us didn’t text! Not a day goes by I’m not texting with guys I met on MDS.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Meanwhile , sorta back on topic :

ATF advisory says 12 months .
    MSP , at least sometimes , does not follow the 12 month requirement .

Could be :
    Accidental oversight
    Deliberate policy to give a break to the tokers
    A set up to raid them later for prohibited in possession .

Mr Pew

( う-´)づ︻╦̵̵̿╤── \(˚☐˚”)/
    Jun 18, 2022
    Rockville
    This may have been answered already but 31 pages is a lot to sift through. I submitted my HQL application yesterday. I had a MMC that expired January 2nd of this year. I answered truthfully that I do not currently have a MMC. Will I be denied since it has not been a year since I had the card, and I did not submit an affidavit stating I no longer use? I tried to log into the MM site using my credentials but it didn't recognize them/me.
    Keep us posted!

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    You would be incorrect. As soon as it is legalized, (ab)use will increase. Every place it's been tried, it's increased.

We're not talking about banning bowling. We aren't even talking about banning drug use. We are talking about prohibiting drug abuse. San Fransisco should be a bit of a clue...
    read colorado has had increases in crime and deaths as well.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    I suspect that when recreational MJ becomes legal at the federal and state level, the law will be amended to treat it similar to alcohol: 3 or more relation convictions in a year defines whom is an habitual drunkard and thus ineligible to own firearms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom