• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gus487

Jan 7, 2023
    Pasadena
    My HQL was denied for a misdemeanor conviction from 20+ years ago and the trooper I spoke with said I needed to get the disposition changed not have the record expunged has anyone ever heard of this

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Yes, but it takes a good while for the expungement to go through all the needed steps, so don't be in a big hurry.

MrNIceGuy1989

Nov 14, 2022
    Ellicott City
    did you use an attorney to file your expungement or do it yourself
    Did it myself, just got to go to the court where you were charged to file your paper's then you will get a date for the judge to review, if you sure your good then you don't need to an attorney, if your iffy then I'd get an attorney

Gus487

Jan 7, 2023
    Pasadena
    Thanks for the info and from everything I’ve read it should be good to be expunged it was a misdemeanor possession charge from 20+ years ago and ironically enough the sentence guidelines have changed so if I had this charge more recently it wouldn’t have disqualified me

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Thanks for the info and from everything I’ve read it should be good to be expunged it was a misdemeanor possession charge from 20+ years ago and ironically enough the sentence guidelines have changed so if I had this charge more recently it wouldn’t have disqualified me
    Funny how the state will retroactively screw you if the sentencing guidelines get stricter but won't honor the easing of the guidelines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom