• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    According to my MSP website, the HQL application was supposed to "Live" today 9-28-13 (tenative)

Automation

The Qualified Handgun Instructor (QHI) and Handgun Qualification License (HQL) automatic processes are ready for beta testing. Testing for the QHI will be conducted on August 29, 2013 with a tentative date of September 23 , 2013 to "go live" for the public.Testing for the HQL will be conducted on September 11, 2013 with a tentative date of September (16) 28, 2013 to "go live" for the public.

The Licensing Division is committed to improving and streamlining its regulatory processes. The automation initiative encompasses multiple projects, as outlined below.

https://www.mdsp.org/Organization/S...ingDivision/MainLicensingPage/Automation.aspx

They orginally stated the16th of this month, but the site shows that as crossed through, with the 28th next to it instead :sad20:

By the time it goes "Live" and the processing, and the time the license is in your hands all equals to further burden, and block your 2nd Amendment rights.

So when is this POS really gonna go live, or will the MSP work at the pace they process our 77r's?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Since it's still listed as a project on the webpage, there's no reason to believe it will be up and running soon. When the first version does roll out, it's bound to have bugs. Won't surprise me if it's slow as molasses and crashes a lot.

bnich82

African American w/a Gun!
    Dec 8, 2011
    I hope they never get it fixed as that should be grounds for an immediate injunction.

I was expecting 2 handguns to land on Monday to beat the clock, but appears they will arive on Tuesday just in time dfor the new law :mad:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Anyone think MOM is doing his best to make sure the law is a complete failure? Surely he and the rest of the liberal poiliticians saw what happened in Colorado.

Maybe MOM/they feel as if they have bitten off more than they can chew.

Letting it blow up may be an easy out for them.

Just a thought.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Anyone think MOM is doing his best to make sure the law is a complete failure? Surely he and the rest of the liberal poiliticians saw what happened in Colorado.

Maybe MOM/they feel as if they have bitten off more than they can chew.

Letting it blow up may be an easy out for them.

Just a thought.

There's a lot of merit to that line of thought. It allows them to have made their anti-2A "statement", to save face with their bloc voters, and to avoid the ongoing stigma of MD being a state for people to avoid.

bogus130

Jan 23, 2013
    That means at least one full month before anyone in Maryland can receive a handgun.

There will be a select few that get the HQL the day the site is operational just so they can say they are "trying their best to get everyone a HQL, and the process doess work". After those first get theirs, I bet it will end up being 2+ months from application completion and issue of HQL.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    There's a lot of merit to that line of thought. It allows them to have made their anti-2A "statement", to save face with their bloc voters, and to avoid the ongoing stigma of MD being a state for people to avoid.

And all he has to say is that he disagrees with the courts decision to overturn 281.

It would be a smart play and he would still sound like a liberal super hero.

ANTIIIIIIIIIII MMMMAAAAAAAAAANNN-AAWAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    And all he has to say is that he disagrees with the courts decision to overturn 281.

It would be a smart play and he would still sound like a liberal super hero.

ANTIIIIIIIIIII MMMMAAAAAAAAAANNN-AAWAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

Yep. With leftists, it's all about feeling good, without any consideration for accomplishments or consequences.

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    Remember, if the MSP is running behind on approvals for the HQL (past the 30 day window), there is no recourse except to wait. I believe that was the discussion between Jacobs & the guy from the MSP at the hearing on Mon. She was not a happy camper.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Remember, if the MSP is running behind on approvals for the HQL (past the 30 day window), there is no recourse except to wait. I believe that was the discussion between Jacobs & the guy from the MSP at the hearing on Mon. She was not a happy camper.

That's just the thing.

Must be completed in 30 days by LAW.

I don't see the courts being understanding when and if it takes 4 months.

A seven day cooing off period to receive a gun is one thing.

A 4 month wait to be GRANTED the right to buy a gun is not acceptable.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll

Correct. It's de facto indefinite. Absent an exemption, you cannot fill out the new 77r without a license number, hence a handgun ban.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BuffaloBrent

Latest threads

Top Bottom